A Knight's Artwork

NOTENOTENOTE: NEWER STUFF IS LOCATED NEAR THE BOTTOM, IGNORE MOST OF THE STUFF UP TOP

Heeey

When I'm not wasting time on the internet or being at school, I'm almost always drawing. I only started to get serious with my drawing/Pokemon character development about in September of last year, and I finally got a tablet for X-mas, plus started to improve a lot with sketchbook work. Here is some of the stuff I've drawn so far this year.

Torchic (not my general style, I'm a black-outline guy):

Wario (?)

My Trick Room Darmanitan and Sandile (it's a Krookodile in-game YES I MAKE POKEMON CHARACTERS):

A huge Pokemon sketchdump:

My VGC Hitmontop Droodle trying to show his appreciation to Lady Bow, my TR VGC Dusknoir (They work as an amazing team in-game):

That "MY BALLS!" thing on the next to last sketch is uber funny xD

These look good! They might be a little like, unclean? Sometimes it looked like you rushed them :/ I'm a black outliner type of person too!
Are you using a tablet or mouse? For a mouse they're pretty good, but if you don't have a tablet, you should get one. These would look awesome! Also, try outlineing scanned sketches. :P and do drawings in layers. Try gimp, it allows a bunch of layers, and is totally free. lawl. You could also pirate Paint Tool Sai too if you wanted to, but w/e. xD

Sometimes the anatomy of the Pokemon/people/whatever looks a little weird, but not so much on the last sketch. So idk. Either way... KEEP WORKING! :D

-dance dance-

Hehe, thanks :P

Yeah, I do have a tablet and GIMP, and I plan on using Paint Tool Sai in the future.

Yeah, that's just my style as you could call it. I can draw real proportionate people, but I just enjoy cartooning better :)

...whoo, haven't updated this one in awhile D':
But I can confidently say I've been improving over the last coupla months with me obtaining Paintool SAI, and here's my stuff:

-Infernape with fake vectors (also my current avatar):

-A DA friend's Meganium character, Hazel:

-Homika, drawn the day of her reveal:

-Scraggy test speedpaint, took about 5 minutes:

-Rhythm Heaven Fanart (DJ School :D )

-Nausicaa from the Studio Ghibli movie Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind:

-Another DA friend's Dewott character, Luke:

-My Tornadus Apu :P

-Sgt. Frog/Keroro Gunso fanart:

Sooo... what do you guys think? :)

You are certainly improving and there is always a room for improvement. So, these are pretty good like the coloring is excellent. So good job! :)

I personally think that you are one talented artist there wario. You definitely got the basics down, that's for sure!

Luvdisc'd.

More stuff I worked on this week:

MUCH-better Homika and a friend's Scolipede character:

...I drew this one when I was depressed on Wednesday. 'Tis pretty dark.

9-Volt of Warioware fame :D

My submission for the Smogon Monthly Art Contest:

Alright, massive post alert...

Wow, I haven't really been posting alot of my artwork here in the last month and a half... but here's all the stuff I've done in between then, in chronological order:

Amoonguss done in vector style (one of my favorite drawings I've done):

My friend's Kirby OC, Goro:

Another friend's Scrafty OC, Kevin:

Metagross and Porygon2 characters I made a while back:

Snivy and Stoutland characters I made awhile back too:

Rap Women from Rhythm Tengoku:

T-Shirt design I made for myself (I could post the picture of it up here if anyone wants to see it):

Tornadus and Thundurus characters:

The tap dance lady and her monkey, also from Rhythm Tengoku:

See from Rhythm Heaven Fever:

Elekid in about 7 minutes:

Random gif:

Rapper Red, DJ Yellow, and M.C. Adore of the Rhythm Heaven series:

Manzai Birds from Minna no Rhythm Tengoku, except as Pokemon:

Francis from Super Paper Mario:

Ness:

Spiteful Murkrow:

Scizor and Durant characters, done in an alternative style:

Ms. Fortune from Skullgirls:

Vector the Crocodile:

VP from Toontown:

Me in classic toon style:

Rapper Yellow from Rhythm Tengoku, having a heart attack:

My Toontown OCs, Oliver and Elanor:

Filia and Samson from Skullgirls:

Parasoul and a Paras:

--
I'm probably missing one or two, but you get the gist. I definitely think I've improved, at least a bit...

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Disclaimer: You've definitely gotten a lot better.

Anyway... I really dig your 2-character sketches, and your stylized scrafty is just awesome.(extra bonus points for drawing Ness)

keep it up!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Solid stuff! Your work reminds me of someone else, but I can't quite place who. Feels like 70% JarardoMartino and 30% RitterCat. [That's a good thing by the way!]

I think you know as well as I do that you could clean up your lines a bit, but that comes with practice, so just keep at it like you have been!

I'd encourage you to use more shades too, and go for some adventurous colour choices. Have a go imitating NJ's [Nastyjungle's] stuff, I think that'll stretch you a little.

Overall, pretty sweet! :>

Seeing as apparently you are 30% me, I'll give that 30% some advice!
Basically the big thing at the moment is what Alch said, the line art. It's a bit sloppy, but I think you're doing it with a mouse(?), so to improve try zooming in more and working slower.
I like your character and colouring however, but being adventurous with colours nj style is something that could help the pieces look REALLY nice, and it's something I need to work one too :/

Also Alch your post made me realise I miss Jarardo :(

Yeah, lineart has always been something I've been trying to improve on, being steady with my hand on my tablet has always been kinda hard considering my tablet pen is all screwed up :/
Yeah, besides that I've been considering trying to experiment with the colors also. Thanks for all the tips! : >

Some stuff from this month (MASSIVE post alert):

(Galvantula)

(Fakemon)

Used some of the art tutorials on here for help, especially nastyjungle's ones, and I've also been trying to vary myself in coloration and clean my artwork like you guys have recommended.

Your artwork is definitely improving. I love the shading that you're doing, but I would suggest that you work on lineart. If you improve that, I think that your pieces will be taken to a whole new level!

Keep up the great work!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love this! Late Night w. Kyurem and Fresh Tunes w. DJClus are both so awesome. You're a really great artist- keep up the good work! :D

Oh wow umm I haven't posted in my own topic for ages and I should feel sorry for it.

I've been up to date on my arts on nuggetbridge, but I guess to make it up I'll post some of the better stuff I've done in the three months of not posting:

I know it gets a little flak, but your lineart is really good in the sense of proportion. You've got human proportions down really well and manage to make it look natural, rather than awkward- which is something a lot of people, including myself, struggle with. The proportions on the animals depicted are also pretty natural-looking, and your style is bright and eye-catching. :3

Critique below:

As others have mentioned in the thread, your lineart is a bit jittery. I've not had any experience at all with tablets (;~;) so I'm not really sure on ways to get around your shaky tablet pen. Something you might try, though, is line variation- it adds a bit of spice and depth to a picture in your style, and it helps me with avoiding awkward-looking lines (again though, not sure if that'd be the same).

Compare the images below:

They're pretty quick, but the one on the left is a normal kind of lineart, and on the right is a line-variation-version. (See that the little bump on the left's chin was overwritten with the thicker line?) I would recommend trying it out and seeing if it looks better to you- your lineart is good as it is, but this might help with the jitter problem (maybe. Again, I've had no experience with tablets).

Good luck with your art! :D You have a good style going and I'd like to see more of your work.

Here's exactly 46 days-worth of art:

After the Rotom-W pic, I converted back to Sketchbook Express, and I'm loving it due to the fact it actually has pressure sensitivity on a Mac.

In a month or so I'm going to be putting together my porfolio for two art colleges, so it's gonna be hectic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)