SM OU All 100% Acc Move Hyper Offense [NO BS MISS] [1800 Peaked] [From 245th Strongest Player]

PLEASE ASK YOURSELF BEFORE STEAL MY GLORIOUS TEAM CONTINUE READING MY THREAD.
  1. ARE YOU TIRED WITH FOCUS MISS? GET THIS TEAM!
  2. DID HIGH JUMP MISS COST YOU A GAME? GET THIS TEAM!
  3. ARE YOU A FELLOW PLAYER LIKE ME WHO HAVE MISS 9 STONE EDGE IN A ROW? GET THIS TEAM!
  4. IS THERE ANY ILLUMINATI CONSPIRACY BEHIND ALL MOVE THAT DIDNT HAVE 100% ACCURACY? GET THIS TEAM!
  5. FEEL CHEATED BY ZAREL AND RNG GOD? GET THIS TEAM!
  6. NEED CURE FOR CANCER? GET THIS TEAM!
Ok enough with the capslock rage, allow me to introduce myself since this is my very first thread ever in Smogon (and maybe last, who knows) :psyglad:.

INTRODUCTION

Peace be unto you! Hello guys, as you can see my nickname is Groubon For OU and you guys can call me Bob. Greeting from Indonesia, good to see you! Bob would like to share a hyper offense team that Bob really enjoyed to play and relatively have a great success with it (for a player that usually on 1500-1600 elo like Bob).

(Bob doesn't mean to brag, but Bob technically is the 245th strongest player in the world at that time, how cool is that?)

Lets get to the point! Bob don't have any fancy youtube music video, you can enjoy reading Bob's thread without or with whatever sound you want to hear.

Basically the main concept behind the creation of this team is... well, Bob have grown extremely tired and frustated with all miss Bob got from any move that didn't have 100% accuracy, especially at crucial turn. The fact that 30% burn from first attempt Scald or Zapdos static proc more often than 70%/80%/90%/95% (you know what magical BS number these are right?) is irritate Bob and all of us of course. So Bob decide to build less frustating and practical team with one strict rule: ALL MOVE MUST HAVE 100% ACCURACY. And voila, here Bob present to you "NO-BS-MISS TEAM!"

The Team

THE SUICIDE LEAD #1

FEMININE BEEDRILL (Ribombee) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Standard Ribombee lead, but without Stun Spore for the sake of this team philosophy (Bob dont know if it was you, but Bob 25/8 all the time will miss Stun Spore, even if its hit, they will miraculously 1000% bypass the paralyze anyway, Bob can guarantee this). This cute looking bee arguably the best Sticky Web setter in current OU meta and perhaps the best lead you can get for hyper offense. Shield Dust is godsent that give her immunity to Rock Tomb speed drop, Hurricane confuse, or cancerous burn from Scald / Lava Plume, which further reducing BS element in our game. Ribombee provide speed control which is crucial for the rest of the team especially for the four breaker / sweeper in our arsenal. Bob almost always lead with her unless the opposite have Heatran and / or Excadrill and Bob got a hunch they will lead with it. You need to watch out for Taunt from Tapu-Koko lead, as Koko can outspeed our bee and most mentally healthy player with >100 IQ know what this bee will do. Also watch out for magic bounce user (except Mega Sableye, as Ribombee beat it 10000% all the time) and trick room, which in this case you better lead with the second suicide lead or anything you feel better tactically.

THE SUICIDE LEAD #2

GONNA U-TURN (Landorus-Therian) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Explosion

"hE aCtS aS a GluE tHaT oFfeRs dEfEnSive pResEnCe, StEalTh rOckS, aNd kEeP uP mOmEnTuM wiTh u-Turn." -ElStefano and the rest of RMT with Landorus-T as their team member.

The mon that nobody bother to use, you will never see him in OU. No, seriously, while Bob's Landorus-T not even carry U-Turn, its true that Landorus-T is like everywhere for a good reason. Bob doen't think we really need an explanation what this guy capable do as suicide lead unless you are totally new in showdown with less than 1000 elo. So you really don't know? Ok Bob will humbly explain. Basically he acts as a glue that offers defensive presence, set stealth rocks, and keep up momentum with explosion. This guy is solid lead against almost anything that too difficult for Ribombee to handle by herself. He is also our only mean to remove hazard. Note that our two suicide lead will have hard time in the face of common steel-type lead such as Ferrothorn or Skarmory, which is why we got Magnezone as our third member.

STEEL REMOVAL (CAN BE COUNTED AS BREAKER #1 AS IT "BREAK" STEEL-TYPE)

SOLE PURPOSE (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pretty straightforward Scarfed Magnezone. Bob shamelessly stole the EV's spread from Smogon. They said 8 HP and 4 Def make it always survive Kartana's Sacred Sword (without boost) from full health after rocks so why not (unless crit happen and it will happen for Bob, hopefully not for you). Hard switch and double from good prediction is necessity to maximize Magnezone main purpose in this team: removing opposing steel that the rest of member kinda struggle to break with.

THE BREAKER / SWEEPER #2

CYNTHIA (Garchomp) (F) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Bob choose Garchomp for her raw power, a bit of unpredictability as she have multiple available set, and the opponent will not predict so easily which one is our Stealth Rock setter on team preview. Bob can't list all situation where we have opportunity to set-up Swords Dance and / or Substitute but basically you will find the momentum to do that in front of choice lock opposite mon that Garchomp comfortably resist / immune or in the like of Heatran, Toxapex, etc. The damage output from her is simply stupid. For example, +2 252 Atk Garchomp Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Celesteela: 294-346 (74 - 87.1%). Even without boost, she still hit like champion for real. With Sticky Web support, Garchomp speed tier make her no doubt able to outspeed most of thing in OU.

THE BREAKER / SWEEPER #3

BLUE BALL (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Knock Off

Classic Belly Drum Azu to complete my Steel Dragon Fairy offensive core. No Play Rough for the philosophy of this team that we all already know. Seriously if Play Rough hit 100% all the time Bob would like to have it instead Liquidation, but that's life, we can't get all what we want eh. Max attack adamant make her hit like a king kong, guarantee kill full health Tangrowth with Knock Off after boost. Azumarill is usually the team win con in many games. Be careful for phaser, burn, and boost removal. You might want to bluff choice band if its necessary.

THE BREAKER / SWEEPER #4

OH MY GOD (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

During team building process, this last slot is rather hard to decide. Bob realize that the squad very prone to common Hawlucha and Ash-Greninja (especially the latter if Bob failed to keep Sticky Web on). After brainstorming around, Bob intuitively decide that Mega Pinsir 105 base speed and it infamous offensive presence can answer this team necessity to answer Hawlucha while well suit to the hyper offense nature and philosophy of this team. Earthquake over Close Combat since we already have Magnezone and the other to brutally hit Celesteela, Skarmory, Tyranitar, Rotom-Wash, etc for real hard. Earthquake is also preferable to press Toxapex harder and avoid direct hitting Baneful Bunker.

The Threats

Bob himself is not perfect human being, while Bob losing some game that mostly because the other guy have better experience and decision making (and luck too), there is notable threats that this team struggle to fight against: Trick Room.

Rain also can be problematic if we losing Azumarill too early.

The Conclusion

My name is Bob.
And Bob love this team.
No BS in this team. No more excuse RNG blah blah. Bob already minimize the BS factor.
It was our fault or the lack of skill if we lose using this team.
Replay might followed soon.
Ok bye-bye guys

Importable

FEMININE BEEDRILL (Ribombee) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

OH MY GOD (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

GONNA U-TURN (Landorus-Therian) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Explosion

CYNTHIA (Garchomp) (F) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Outrage

BLUE BALL (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Knock Off

SOLE PURPOSE (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Best Regards
Bob (The 245th Strongest Player In Showdown)

Last edited:
i liked the idea. and i admit misses cost matches often. but there are some changes i'd made:

lando->drill - with defog, you are losing your hazards, and so i prefer to have a spinner on those teams so as to keep the hazards up. lead with it before the bee

on ribombee - quiver dance -> skill swap - this will allow you to set up webs vs magic bounce. i know it's a fairy type but sometimes the sableye will opt to stay and will o wisp

also, i think you need to add some hazard control pokemon: i suggest gengar for spinblocking since he can deal with stall quite well be forcing out any chansey that doesnt have rocks or twave. taunting/tricking everything and can learn psychic to deal with kommo or thunderbolt to deal with pex.

for defog check i'd suggest bisharp or z wild charge thundurus. using serperior means you get the misses you don't want. you may not opt bisharp because of sucker punch

also, this change is purely for fun and i am not sure you will like it. you can swap garchomp for dragonite if you want. multiscale + dragon dance + extreme speed gives you easy late game sweeps and it also looks "friendly". i think a good set will be a sub dd outrage earthquake with leftovers to regain multiscale eventually

Not sure I agree with the philosophy of this team seeing as how you are going to have to deal with RNG in this game whether or not you choose to use inaccurate moves. This is just a quick calculation I made to prove my point.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 331-390 (84 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 271-319 (68.7 - 80.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

As you can see in this situation, an 80% accurate move has a 100% chance to OHKO whereas a 100% accurate move only has a 50% chance to OHKO.

Thats right, but there is another big drawback to inacurate moves that your numbers don't show: if you don't OHKO with Surf, you still got valuable damage on e.g. Clef, which might allow another sweeper to break through afterwards. If you miss Hydro on the other hand, you got NOTHING out of the turn. So it comes down to personal preference, some people like moves with higher risk & high reward, some like to play it safe...

To also comment on the team: I think for a team that has two suicide setters and no possibility to punish Hazard Removal (Spinblocker and/or Defiant user), Scarfed Magnezone is far too passive. If it is locked in the wrong move, the opponent gets rid of Webs easily and u will loose from there.

I think Excadrill over lando is fair, and how about running blacephalon over Zone to set up on steels instead? The sub calm mind set also helps with stall and trickroom (sub repeatedly till trick room is over, shadowball and flamethrower will cause problems for all common setters). You then might replace Chomp with Z-Fly Lando to keep a ground immunity, I'd use SD and Smack Down.

Btw, I felt honored that you "quoted" me, even though it was sarcastically^^ You made me feel like an RMT veteran :D The whole post was quite entertaining, keep it up! ;)

Not sure I agree with the philosophy of this team seeing as how you are going to have to deal with RNG in this game whether or not you choose to use inaccurate moves. This is just a quick calculation I made to prove my point.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 331-390 (84 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 271-319 (68.7 - 80.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

As you can see in this situation, an 80% accurate move has a 100% chance to OHKO whereas a 100% accurate move only has a 50% chance to OHKO.
No, this is pure gamblers fallacy. Surf is mathematically better than Hydro Pump. It’s expected output is higher. “Burst” damage calculations in favor of hydro pump scoring OHKOs deliberately misrepresent all the cases where you miss at an inopportune time. No matter what, the longer you play any game involving statistics, the closer they reach expected value.

If you ladder and click Surf 5,000 times, you did more damage than if you clicked Hydro Pump 5,000 times. One is also even more likely to click the move Surf because of the certainty of it connecting.

The philosophy of this team is actually spot on. If you want consistency in volume battles such as ladder, use more accurate moves. RNG only increases luck at the expense of skill.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The discussion is getting pretty off topic at this point, so I would ask that no more posts are solely made on whether or not using inaccurate moves vs 100% accurate moves leads to more success if that's all the post will comment on.

Though on the topic as it is kind of interesting I will say that yes in the long run something like Surf deals more damage than Hydro Pump. If that's how you want to look at, then use Surf and move on. It can become more complicated since Pokemon is a game where every KO you get you're put in a more and more advantageous situation usually - unless it's a sack to set up scenario but that's getting to complicated. Meaning something like Hydro Pump is preferred by some since they'd rather hit Hydro Pump 80% of the time and knock out the opposing mon, as opposed to hitting Surf 100% of the time but never getting the KO outside of a crit. This type of scenario is heightened with frail mons like a Greninja that would rather go for the OHKO and keep its HP safer 80% of the time as opposed to getting hit hard all the time if you fail to KO with Surf - or are forced to switch out taking more hazards since you know you don't have a chance to kill.

That's enough on that for now tho, so if you have an actual rate feel free to continue posting. (Even if you want to respond to my paragraph you must make an honest effort to rate the team or your post will be deleted). Look at the last post by elstefano for example, who comments on the accuracy of move preference and supplies thoughts on the team's composition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)