AAA Almost Any Ability

I have seen (and have been) in too many situations where one of the 2 players in a battle is left with a two regen mons and there is no way to break it, or on the on the other hand, a team built entirely with 3 offensive abilities like though claws, tinted and adaptability and it's just a "click the stab and win". I agree with the fresh new start

Frankly I have always been a proponent of changing the ability clause to 1, for the simple sole reason of diversity as bland as that sounds. While the 2 ability clause affected the Gen 6 vastly, due to it revolving around PH a lot more than this Gen does. But it'll still be a huge meta-game shift, in general, not so much for offensive teams since repetition of abilities except possible tinted cores, isn't that good a strategy for breaking purposes. But defensively oriented teams will really face the brunt of it in general.
Its not as if its not possible, some of you will be aware of a Klang stall, which was being spammed through-out the AAA open, consisting of 6 mons with 6 different abilities and still it was near perfect.
But in my opinion, the biggest standing point against it will be how near OMPL is right now, and it unfortunately being the biggest testing ground for AAA these days, if we introduce a decently big change to the meta-game just a month prior to it, how much will it affect the stability of the current meta-game, which i think has been super stable after weavile's exit. It's easy to theory-mon that yeah it won't really affect the meta much, but due to the power-creep in Gen 7, its always hard to see if any or what offensive mon might go out of hand, and might even result in multiple bans.
So basically my point being, while I am all up for single ability clause, but if we want to try it in the remaining Gen 7, might as well do it as soon as today, since everyone who has shared their opinion seem to be on the same wavelength, or wait till after OMPL. Because whatever ability clause, last thing we want is a unstable meta-game which hasn't been tested properly in OMPL.

Also I dont like doing this, but
I have seen (and have been) in too many situations where one of the 2 players in a battle is left with a two regen mons and there is no way to break it, or on the on the other hand, a team built entirely with 3 offensive abilities like though claws, tinted and adaptability and it's just a "click the stab and win". I agree with the fresh new start
"click the stab and win" is just blatantly disregarding the meta-game. I get you might have your qualms with the metagame for some reason, but trying to undermine it instead of offering a constructive opinion is never the solution. If thats really the problem you are facing, you might need to work on the teams you are using.

That’s hardly unique to regen, and honestly isn’t any more the case here than in standard. Banning dual regen won’t solve the problem that refraining from using PP will often be the best strategy.

Despite my inactive period, I will give my opinion. (Sorry for my bad English)

AAA: I'm not a player of this OM but seems good to me.

BH : The most of teams had only one ability for each mon, so it won't change the meta a lot. But this new clause can be useful.

Regevest : Can be painful. some Endless Battle Clause situation... But isn't the only way to do that... A imposter + a Regeforce can to the same thing (look at my replay on my signature to look that). I think it could be a reason to change this clause...
PH: Is not too powerful for me.
Imposter: Is not too powerful, but limit the PPstall.
Contrary: YES, you can beat one (hardly) but two is so hard to deal with it... The new clause will nerf that and it is a great point for me.
Adapt/Tinted Lens... : It will be nice, you can do a lot of abuse with this kind of abilities.

Finally I agree with the new Abilities clause, can nerf some things in BH like Double Contrary, Double Regevest...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)