AlphaMod XY V0.1.6- a new way to play (WIP)

What moves should be made better?

• Total voters
Approved by The Immortal and Articblast

ALPHAMOD
(WIP)

AlphaMod is an idea I have had for a long time, and now thanks to The Immortal and Articblast, it can become a reality!

First, AlphaMod has two purposes;
  • To make almost everything viable in the metagame (Moves, abilities etc.)
  • To make things that should happen, happen
From releasing Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa, to allowing all Gems to be used, and even to making Gyarados FINALLY a dragon!
There are many changes in this metagame, allowing various new strategies, movesets, and more!

At the moment, I have comprised most of the ability, item, mechanic and base stat changes here:
http://pastebin.com/PQeVTG10
And Pokemon Types and Movepool Changes here;
http://pastebin.com/fBM3bATv
With Pokemon's ability changes here (This part is heavily WIP):
http://pastebin.com/RhZiGW2P

Venusaur has Grass Pelt (Raises Def when hit by Grass move) and Flower Gift as second and hidden abilities respectively.
Charmeleon is Fire/Dragon
Charizard is Fire/Dragon, along with Mega Charizard Y. This is because Charizard is now naturally immune to Ground type moves.
Charizard also thus learns Draco Meteor, as well as having Intimidate as a second ability.
Wartortle is Water/Rock.
Blastoise normally is Water/Rock, and is Water/Steel as a mega.
Blastoise also gets Shell Smash, Rock Tomb, Ancient Power and Stored Power as moves, and Shell Armor (which now reduces damage by 1/8) as a second ability.
Butterfree is Bug/Psychic (Butterfree is now also naturally immune to Ground) and gets Psyshock, Dazzling Gleam, Cosmic Power and Aura Sphere.
Weedle and Kakuna are pure Bug because...
Beedrill is Bug/Steel (also Ground-Immune), and gets Bullet Punch, Steel Wing, Metal Sound and Megahorn.
Sandslash is Ground/Fairy, and gets Play Rough and Drill Run.
Machamp finally gets Mach Punch.
Farfetch'd is Fighting/Flying, gets Close Combat, Psycho Cut, Submission, Arm Thrust and Bone Rush, and gets Huge Power as a first ability, Defiant as a second, and Aerilate as a hidden ability.
Hitmonchan gets Shadow Punch (as it now deals 75 damage, with a 20% flinch chance)
Mew gets a whole lot more moves, including Moonblast, Draco Meteor and Frenzy Plant, is Psychic/Fairy, and has Imposter as a hidden ability.

Meganium is Grass/Psychic, and learns moves such as Psychic, Flower Shield (which is a defense-raising King's shield now) and Zen Headbutt, as well as having Regenerator as a second ability.
Typlosion is Fire/Ground, learns Earth Power and Searing Shot, as well as having Quick Feet for a second ability.
Feraligatr is Water/Fighting, learns moves such as Close Combat, Bullet Punch and Fire Fang, as well as having Strong Jaw as a second ability.
Unown naturally levitates, so has Magic Guard, Magic Bounce and Forewarn all as abilities, and a handful of moves like (finally) Psychic, Reflect and Light Screen.
The Almighty Dunsparce is now... Bug/Ground, and learns many moves such as Steel Wing, Bug Bite (which deals 65 damage now, 20% flinch), Crunch, the Elemental Fangs, and Poison Tail.
Donphan can learn Flame Wheel.
Grabull is Fairy/Fighting, and learns moves such as Close Combat, Poison Fang and Aqua Tail.
Delibird gets a variety of move such as Hyper Voice, Icy Wind and Air Slash (Present, it's signature move, is also now special and has no chance to heal an opponent), gets Pure Power as a first ability (which now doubles Sp.Atk), Insomnia for second, and Aerilate for third.
Delibird also has 52 HP, 90 Speed, 58 Attack, 62 Defense, and 55 Sp.Defense.
Celebi is now Fairy/Grass, learns Dazzling Gleam, and has Tinted Lens as an ability.

Sceptile is Grass/Dark, gets Dark Pulse, and has Tough Claws for a second ability. (Note: Mega Sceptile will still be the same as it normally is)
Blaziken gets Rolling Kick (
), has No Guard for a second ability, and Rock Head for both a Hidden and Mega Ability (Mega Blaziken is no longer banned)
Swampert gets Filter as a second ability. (Note: Mega Swampert will probably be the same as well)
Masquerain is now Bug/Water, is immune to Ground naturally, and gets Surf and Water Pulse.
Volbeat and Illumise are both Bug/Electric, and learn Spark.
Trapinch is Bug/Ground, because...
Both Vibrava and Flygon are Bug/Dragon, and learn both Stealth Rock and Dragon Dance.
Swablu is Fairy/Flying, while Altaria is Fairy/Dragon. Both get Disarming Voice (which is now a priority special fairy move). Swablu also has 65 Sp.Attack, while Altaria has 95 Sp.Attack. (Note: Changes to Mega Altaria's BST will be added when I have time)
All the Regis get Recover (apart from Regigigas)
Jirachi gets Super Luck as a hidden ability.

Torterra gets Shell Smash, and has Solid Rock for a second ability, and Battle Armor for a hidden ability.
Infernape gets Guts as a second ability. (Oh God)
Empoleon gets Swift Swim as a second ability, and Competitive for a hidden ability. (Because the Penguin with Giant Steel Wings is more of a Special Attacker)
Luxray is finally Electric/Dark, and gets moves such as Pursuit, Night Slash and Snarl.
Rampardos now has Sheer Force for a second ability, and Speed Boost for a hidden ability.
Bastiodon now has Soundproof for a second ability, and Bulletproof for a hidden ability.
Toxicroak gets Mat Block and Water Shuriken. (Because Toxicroak was a ninja frog before it was cool)
Electivire is Electric/Fighting, gets moves such as Mach Punch and Sucker Punch, as well as having Motor Drive, Iron Fist (which boosts punching moves by 1.5x now) and Teravolt as his abilities.
Magmortar is Fire/Fighting, gets moves such as Aura Sphere and Earth Power, as well as having Flash Fire (which now raises Sp.Atk when hit by a fire type move), Mega Launcher and Turboblaze as his abilities.
Yanmega is Bug/Dragon, as it is immune to Ground types regardless of ability, and so gets Quiver Dance and Draco Meteor.

Victini is Fairy/Fire, gets Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam, and has Pixilate for a hidden ability.
Serperior is Grass/Dragon, gets Earth Power, Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse, and has Serene Grace for a second ability.
Emboar is Fire/Dark, gets moves like Crunch, Fire Punch and Night Slash, as well as having Reckless for a second ability with Toxic Boost for a hidden ability.
Samurott is Water/Fighting, gets moves such as Close Combat and Leaf Blade, has Infiltrator (which now ignores Substitute, Protect etc.) for a second ability and Technician for a hidden ability.
Watchog is Normal/Electric and gets Poison Tail and Spark.
Basculin gets Knock Off.
Cofagrigus is Ghost/Steel and gets Flash Cannon, Hypnosis and Metal Sound.
Gothitelle is Psychic/Dark, and gets Aura Sphere.
Reuniclus is Psychic/Electric, and gets Thunderbolt, Discharge and Aura Sphere.
Accelgor is Bug/Dark, and gets loads of moves including Torment, Taunt, Dark Pulse and Parting Shot.

Chesnaught gets Rough Skin for a second ability. (Chesnaught = UU Ferrothorn)
Delphox gets Magic Guard for a second ability. (Magician also now swaps the user's item with the opponent's upon switching out)
Greninja gets Sniper for a second ability.
Vivillon is Bug/Fairy, is naturally immune to ground, and gets Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam and Air Slash.
Florges is obviously a Fairy/Grass type.
Spritzee is Fairy/Flying while Aromatisse is Fairy/Psychic. They also both get Air Slash, Gust (which now has +1 priority along with Fairy Wind), Air Cutter and Tailwind.
Bergmite is Bug/Ice while Avalugg is Rock/Ice. They get Bug Bite, Silver Wind (now +1 priority), U-Turn, Bite, Thunder Fang, Head Smash and Ice Shard.
Diancie is immune to ground, and gets Sturdy for a Hidden Ability. Diamond Storm also now deals 110 damage.
Hoopa is Ghost/Fairy, is naturally ground-immune and gets Moonblast, Play Rough and Disarming Voice. Hyperspace Hole is also now Ghost type, ignores immunities, lasts one turn, and deals 110 damage.
Volcanion gets Hydro Cannon, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse, as well as Water Absorb, Flash Fire and Mega Launcher for abilities.

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Earthquake

By Mczatar :

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Water Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse

By DoomTrustlaw :

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis (/ Drain Punch)
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm

By DoomTrustlaw :

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Bullet Seed / Protect

By Abird :

Feraligator @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 4 HP (252 if Adamant Nature) / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (4 if Adamant)
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Poison Fang
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang / Waterfall

By BoxedOccaBerrys :

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade

Luxray @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge (/ Volt Tackle)
- Night Slash
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Unown @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic

By Sparkl3y :

Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Aura Sphere / Dark Pulse
- Scald / Hydro Pump

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Return
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- Glaciate

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Suggest new sets by commenting!

Also, this is a new mod!
Everything is WIP, and many changes many happen in the future!

(Thanks to Ghoul King for pointing out problems)
Added more information to Infiltrator and Defeatist.
Hustle's effect is now back to normal.

Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist have Flame Body has hidden abilities due to changes to the grass type and sleep.

(Thanks to SeveralWorms for ideas)
Grass resists Rock, and is no longer weak to Ice.
Bugs are no longer resisted by Steel, Fairy and Ghost.
The Porygon family no longer have Boomburst, but Hyper Voice instead.

Rapidash is Fire/Fairy, while Ninetales is Fire/Psychic.
Torterra has Battle Armor for a hidden ability, Emboar has Toxic Boost, while Samurott has Technician. Empoleon's Moxie/Defiant has been replaced with Swift Swim/Competitive.
Removed changes to Flare Boost and Toxic Boost, Guts and Quick Feet.
Removed Nasty Plot from Haunter and Gengar, and gave Aura Sphere to Gengar and Haunter.
Made a few unimportant changes
Released

-Why did you change the effects of Legendary-Only abilities?
Abilities like Air Lock and Parental Bond will be given to other Pokemon in the future.

-Can I suggest something to put into AlphaMod?
Sure! Just comment, and I will put it into consideration.

-Why does ... do ... ?
I will explain everything, just comment your question and I will reply.

-YOU COPIED FROM NEXT/DUSK-MOD HUYGYTDTRCYTHJUBN!
Alphamod is heavily inspired from NEXT and Dusk-Mod, and it may have features similar to them. However, any complete copy is unintentional.

-When will this be actually made into a playable metagame?
I do need a coder to help, but I do know the basics of javascript, and I have coded a few of the features in the pastebin. However, I have no idea how to make it into a playable metagame... so... "Please understand." -Nintendo

-There's a problem with ...
Sure, tell me about it and hopefully I can fix it.

-Why is this outdated?
For some reason this has gained popluarity again, but I'm busy with other stuff atm. If I can update this Pet Mod, I will. I'll see how things go.

-Why are you changing Ubers Pokemon?
I have some kind of plan for this, don't worry.

RULES:
  1. Kyurem-Black is Ubers (Blaziken and Shaymin-S, on the other hand, are not)
  2. All other standard OU Clauses and Bans are in effect, for now.
  3. That's about it.

At the moment this is partially playable with Hackmons/Custom Game/Balanced Hackmons but not all new Item and Ability effects (etc.) will be implemented.
Also, I am quite noobish at javascript, and I can code a few things in this mod, but not all of them , so if someone could help me code this I would be happily appreciated. :)

UPDATE: Last time I updated this OP was December 7th o_o. Anyway, I am in the middle of a big update to AlphaMod, and I'm trying to code it too when I have time. I still need a little help with said coding, but it's fine for now.
I just polished the thread up a bit, added a new sets, and that's about it.
As for Parental Bond suggestions, I'll sort it out after the big update, Sorry for the massive delay!
Meanwhile, here's a replay me and someone I know had using AlphaMod in custom game. No mechanic changes unfortunately, but it was good fun with him using a PU team with AlphaMod changes, and myself using a full Rotom team. Can you spot the new changes coming soon? ;)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-207211949
And lastly, I hope you enjoy this new Pet Mod!

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Wow, two posts deep and already the snark shark strikes. Can we please be a little more supportive and friendly with our fellow OM creators?

Arcticblast edit: I deleted the posts Eevee was talking about but this is still a valid point!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alphamod Pastebin said:
Flare Boost and Toxic Boost make the user immune to burn and poison respectively as well as their regular effects.
This would mean that Pokemon with those abilities wouldn't be able to use them effectively, as they wouldn't be able to be afflicted by those status effects.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Admittedly I approved this without going and really reading the changes. Sue me, motherfuckers.

I feel like a change to Toxic/Flare Boost (and by extension Guts) needs to be done cautiously. These are powerful abilities with the drawback of "taking damage every turn because you have a status" and with even a slight buff could become incredibly powerful and perhaps even a bit too much. A workable idea for the Boost abilities might be reducing the damage from the status to 1/16 per turn (same as Sand) while lowering the damage boost to Life Orb-esque levels.

This would mean that Pokemon with those abilities wouldn't be able to use them effectively, as they wouldn't be able to be afflicted by those status effects.
What I meant is that if the user is Poisoned/Burned respectively, they won't take damage from Burn/Poison.
Admittedly I approved this without going and really reading the changes. Sue me, motherfuckers.

I feel like a change to Toxic/Flare Boost (and by extension Guts) needs to be done cautiously. These are powerful abilities with the drawback of "taking damage every turn because you have a status" and with even a slight buff could become incredibly powerful and perhaps even a bit too much. A workable idea for the Boost abilities might be reducing the damage from the status to 1/16 per turn (same as Sand) while lowering the damage boost to Life Orb-esque levels.
Thanks for the idea, I'll change it now.
I admit I thought it was also slightly overpowered too...

EDIT: I might as well not change how Flare Boost and Toxic Boost work, and leave them as they are.
Wow, two posts deep and already the snark shark strikes. Can we please be a little more supportive and friendly with our fellow OM creators?

Arcticblast edit: I deleted the posts Eevee was talking about but this is still a valid point!
I never saw the two posts you were talking about, but feedback does help me out.
Then again, thanks for that post anyway.

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.

remember toxic boost zangoose and flare boost drifblim aren't exactly broken pieces of shit with this buff. I did something similar in kalos 2 admittedly before molk's calcs over IRC (we were talking about MANgoose in RU)teaching me how powerful this thing really is (2hkos groudon, is stronger/about strong as mega kanga parental bond double edge), so yeah, if your going to give it to other mons or give the current mons with it a buff, make it at least 1.33x or 1.3x (like tough claws), which I plan to do.

so just to clarify gems are useable in this and also when will it be playable?
Yes, all gems will be, and it will be playable once I can get a better coder because I'm a noob at javascript.
If I do end up coding this by myself, only some of the features will be coded, for example I know how to code a type change, but I don't know how to code certain ability changes.
Making a custom server is also a bit confusing, so once I can properly how to do these things, this maybe playable.

Venusaur has Grass Pelt (Raises Def when hit by Grass move) and Flower Gift as second and hidden abilities respectively.
Charmeleon is Fire/Dragon
Charizard is Fire/Dragon, along with Mega Charizard Y. This is because Charizard is now naturally immune to Ground type moves.
Charizard also thus learns Draco Meteor, as well as having Intimidate as a second ability.
Wartortle is Water/Rock.
Blastoise normally is Water/Rock, and is Water/Steel as a mega.
Blastoise also gets Shell Smash, Rock Tomb, Ancient Power and Stored Power as moves, and Shell Armor (which now reduces damage by 1/8) as a second ability.
Butterfree is Bug/Psychic (Butterfree is now also naturally immune to Ground) and gets Psyshock, Dazzling Gleam, Cosmic Power and Aura Sphere.
Weedle and Kakuna are pure Bug because...
Beedrill is Bug/Steel (also Ground-Immune), and gets Bullet Punch, Steel Wing, Metal Sound and Megahorn.
Sandslash is Ground/Fairy, and gets Play Rough and Drill Run.
Machamp finally gets Mach Punch.
Farfetch'd is Fighting/Flying, gets Close Combat, Psycho Cut, Submission, Arm Thrust and Bone Rush, and gets Huge Power as a first ability, Defiant as a second, and Aerilate as a hidden ability.
Hitmonchan gets Shadow Punch (as it now deals 75 damage, with a 20% flinch chance)
Mew gets a whole lot more moves, including Moonblast, Draco Meteor and Frenzy Plant, is Psychic/Fairy, and has Imposter as a hidden ability.

Meganium is Grass/Psychic, and learns moves such as Psychic, Flower Shield (which is a defense-raising King's shield now) and Zen Headbutt, as well as having Regenerator as a second ability.
Typlosion is Fire/Ground, learns Earth Power and Searing Shot, as well as having Quick Feet for a second ability.
Feraligatr is Water/Fighting, learns moves such as Close Combat, Bullet Punch and Fire Fang, as well as having Strong Jaw as a second ability.
Unown naturally levitates, so has Magic Guard, Magic Bounce and Forewarn all as abilities, and a handful of moves like (finally) Psychic, Reflect and Light Screen.
The Almighty Dunsparce is now... Bug/Ground, and learns many moves such as Steel Wing, Bug Bite (which deals 65 damage now, 20% flinch), Crunch, the Elemental Fangs, and Poison Tail.
Donphan can learn Flame Wheel.
Grabull is Fairy/Fighting, and learns moves such as Close Combat, Poison Fang and Aqua Tail.
Delibird gets a variety of move such as Hyper Voice, Icy Wind and Air Slash (Present, it's signature move, is also now special and has no chance to heal an opponent), gets Pure Power as a first ability (which now doubles Sp.Atk), Insomnia for second, and Aerilate for third.
Delibird also has 52 HP, 90 Speed, 58 Attack, 62 Defense, and 55 Sp.Defense.
Celebi is now Fairy/Grass, learns Dazzling Gleam, and has Tinted Lens as an ability.

Sceptile is Grass/Dark, gets Dark Pulse, and has Tough Claws for a second ability.
Blaziken gets Rolling Kick (
), has No Guard for a second ability, and Rock Head for both a Hidden and Mega Ability (Mega Blaziken is no longer banned)
Swampert gets Filter as a second ability.
Masquerain is now Bug/Water, is immune to Ground naturally, and gets Surf and Water Pulse.
Volbeat and Illumise are both Bug/Electric, and learn Spark.
Trapinch is Bug/Ground, because...
Both Vibrava and Flygon are Bug/Dragon, and learn both Stealth Rock and Dragon Dance.
Swablu is Fairy/Flying, while Altaria is Fairy/Dragon. Both get Disarming Voice (which is now a priority special fairy move). Swablu also has 65 Sp.Attack, while Altaria has 95 Sp.Attack.
All the Regis get Recover (apart from Regigigas)
Jirachi gets Super Luck as a hidden ability.

Torterra gets Shell Smash, and has Solid Rock for a second ability.
Infernape gets Guts as a second ability. (Oh God)
Empoleon gets Moxie as a second ability.
Luxray is finally Electric/Dark, and gets moves such as Pursuit, Night Slash and Snarl.
Rampardos now has Sheer Force for a second ability, and Speed Boost for a hidden ability.
Bastiodon now has Soundproof for a second ability, and Bulletproof for a hidden ability.
Toxicroak gets Mat Block and Water Shuriken. (Because Toxicroak was a ninja frog before it was cool)
Electivire is Electric/Fighting, gets moves such as Mach Punch and Sucker Punch, as well as having Motor Drive, Iron Fist (which boosts punching moves by 1.5x now) and Teravolt as his abilities.
Magmortar is Fire/Fighting, gets moves such as Aura Sphere and Earth Power, as well as having Flash Fire (which now raises Sp.Atk when hit by a fire type move), Mega Launcher and Turboblaze as his abilities.
Yanmega is Bug/Dragon, as it is immune to Ground types regardless of ability, and so gets Quiver Dance and Draco Meteor.

Victini is Fairy/Fire, gets Moonblast and Dazzling Gleam, and has Pixilate for a hidden ability.
Serperior is Grass/Dragon, gets Earth Power, Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse, and has Serene Grace for a second ability.
Emboar is Fire/Dark, gets moves like Crunch, Fire Punch and Night Slash, as well as having Reckless for a second ability with Contrary for a hidden ability.
Samurott is Water/Fighting, gets moves such as Close Combat and Leaf Blade, has Infiltrator (which now ignores Substitute, Protect etc.) for a second ability and Contrary for a hidden ability.
Watchog is Normal/Electric and gets Poison Tail and Spark.
Basculin gets Knock Off.
Cofagrigus is Ghost/Steel and gets Flash Cannon, Hypnosis and Metal Sound.
Gothitelle is Psychic/Dark, and gets Aura Sphere.
Reuniclus is Psychic/Electric, and gets Thunderbolt, Discharge and Aura Sphere.
Accelgor is Bug/Dark, and gets loads of moves including Torment, Taunt, Dark Pulse and Parting Shot.

Chesnaught gets Rough Skin for a second ability.
Delphox gets Magic Guard for a second ability. (Magician also now swaps the user's item with the opponent's upon switching out)
Greninja gets Sniper for a second ability.
Vivillon is Bug/Fairy, is naturally immune to ground, and gets Moonblast, Dazzling Gleam and Air Slash.
Florges is obviously a Fairy/Grass type.
Spritzee is Fairy/Flying while Aromatisse is Fairy/Psychic. They also both get Air Slash, Gust (which now has +1 priority along with Fairy Wind), Air Cutter and Tailwind.
Bergmite is Bug/Ice while Avalugg is Rock/Ice. They get Bug Bite, Silver Wind (now +1 priority), U-Turn, Bite, Thunder Fang, Head Smash and Ice Shard.
Diancie is immune to ground, and gets Sturdy for a Hidden Ability. Diamond Storm also now deals 110 damage.
Hoopa is Ghost/Fairy, is naturally ground-immune and gets Moonblast, Play Rough and Disarming Voice. Hyperspace Hole is also now Ghost type, ignores immunities, lasts one turn, and deals 110 damage.
Volcanion gets Hydro Cannon, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse, as well as Water Absorb, Flash Fire and Mega Launcher for abilities.

It took me a while... so now instead of having to off Smogon to Pastebin, I have listed a few of the changes to Pokemon in the OP.
I have also started to code a bit too:
Code:
exports.BattleAbilities = {
inherit: true,
"victorystar": {
onAllyModifyMove: function (move) {
if (typeofmove.accuracy === "number") {
move.accuracy *= 1.4;
}
}
},
} //BTW I know I didn't indent
I'm pretty noobish at coding so if I'm doing something wrong please tell me!

I don't know if you should give out Shell Smash so much. Sure, it makes sense for Blastoise and Torterra to get it, but they'd be completely unstoppable. Also, I'd think it'd be better to retcon Psychic's interactions rather than turn Psychic types to fairy types. Many inherently mediocre types like psychic, ice, and grass could really use a buff. Also, Porygon-Z, although my favorite Pokemon, getting adaptability boomburst from 135 SpA is insane.

I don't know if you should give out Shell Smash so much. Sure, it makes sense for Blastoise and Torterra to get it, but they'd be completely unstoppable. Also, I'd think it'd be better to retcon Psychic's interactions rather than turn Psychic types to fairy types. Many inherently mediocre types like psychic, ice, and grass could really use a buff. Also, Porygon-Z, although my favorite Pokemon, getting adaptability boomburst from 135 SpA is insane.
Poison was given a buff, but thanks for the idea.
Also, Ice types get a Defense boost in Hail, so that's one buff, and now they resist Dragon and Ground (I think) Flying.
Possibly Grass does need a buff, and also bug I guess.

Also, the mottos of the mod are:
  • To make almost everything viable in the metagame (Moves, abilities etc.)
  • To make things that should happen, happen
As giving Torterra and Blastoise Shell Smash fufills both Mottos. Then again, any strong Ice-Type can take out Torterra easily, and now Blastoise has a Poison weakness, Venusaur is more of a threat to it.
But, yeah... I'll probably replace Boomburst Porygon-Z with Hyper Voice. Sorry!

Last edited:
New Set:

Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Water Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Dragon Pulse

Yea... :D

Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm

Chesnaught is probably the bulkiest starter Game Freak ever made, and with the ability this Pet Mod gives to this chestnut warlord it can deal awesome damage by tanking physical hits and recovering health at the same time with both Leech Seed + Synthesis. Unfortunately Rocky Helmet prevents the use of Leftovers' recovery on this physical wall, but 1/6 damage dealt > 1/16 health recover. To fix the recovery problem though, just look at his moveset and you'll understand. Oh, and let's not talk about Spiky Shield.. 7/24 of the opponent's health goes away each time you attack Chesnaught directly, and 1/8 the next turn when he Shields in your face. This is like the bane of non-boosting physical attackers. Here are some calculations just to show you the hits he can tank:

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 247-292 (65 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's quite a feat I'd say, a 120 Base Power move with STAB coming off a 170 Base Attack boosted by a positive nature and a Choice Band seems pretty intimidating. Probably would OHKO/2HKO lots of things, and even if Chesnaught is one of these, you can play with it if you do Synthesis on the same turn he attacks you and stuff like that. This thing is probably the only reason I'd run Leftovers instead of Rocky Helmet.

252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 314-372 (82.6 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 203-239 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 120-142 (31.5 - 37.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 240-284 (63.1 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 168-199 (44.2 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yeah it can tank SOME hits, I'd say he's pretty good.

Hi there. I tried making my own mod regarding something similar but unfortunately my project was rejected. This seems to be the most similar to my project and would like to contribute the changes I already planned out in my previous mods. I will email you my changes via PM. would be honored if you borrowed any concepts or changes from my mod.

General things I would like in a pokemon mod:

stat, ability, moveset changes based on flavor. this mod has ability and moveset changes but i would really like more stat based flavor changes.

for example, venusaur and blastoise are bulkier pokemon than charizard based on flavor but have the same HP stat. in my mod, I raised the hp of venusaur and blastoise and reduced speed by an amount based on usefulness in OU.

Of course, it would be dumb to change stats too much, thats why I generally had a max stat change of 30 and thats only for pokemon that are unusable in OU. of course, I understand the main objective here is to make things usable, however, it wouldnt hurt to add alot of flavor in the process.

let me know what you think of flavor based stat changes.

Last edited:

Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm

Chesnaught is probably the bulkiest starter Game Freak ever made, and with the ability this Pet Mod gives to this chestnut warlord it can deal awesome damage by tanking physical hits and recovering health at the same time with both Leech Seed + Synthesis. Unfortunately Rocky Helmet prevents the use of Leftovers' recovery on this physical wall, but 1/6 damage dealt > 1/16 health recover. To fix the recovery problem though, just look at his moveset and you'll understand. Oh, and let's not talk about Spiky Shield.. 7/24 of the opponent's health goes away each time you attack Chesnaught directly, and 1/8 the next turn when he Shields in your face. This is like the bane of non-boosting physical attackers. Here are some calculations just to show you the hits he can tank:

252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 247-292 (65 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's quite a feat I'd say, a 120 Base Power move with STAB coming off a 170 Base Attack boosted by a positive nature and a Choice Band seems pretty intimidating. Probably would OHKO/2HKO lots of things, and even if Chesnaught is one of these, you can play with it if you do Synthesis on the same turn he attacks you and stuff like that. This thing is probably the only reason I'd run Leftovers instead of Rocky Helmet.

252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 314-372 (82.6 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 203-239 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 120-142 (31.5 - 37.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 240-284 (63.1 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 168-199 (44.2 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yeah it can tank SOME hits, I'd say he's pretty good.
Thanks for the set!
Now that I think about it, Chesnaught is now like the UU Ferrothorn...

Hi there. I tried making my own mod regarding something similar but unfortunately my project was rejected. This seems to be the most similar to my project and would like to contribute the changes I already planned out in my previous mods. I will email you my changes via PM. would be honored if you borrowed any concepts or changes from my mod.

General things I would like in a pokemon mod:

stat, ability, moveset changes based on flavor. this mod has ability and moveset changes but i would really like more stat based flavor changes.

for example, venusaur and blastoise are bulkier pokemon than charizard based on flavor but have the same HP stat. in my mod, I raised the hp of venusaur and blastoise and reduced speed by an amount based on usefulness in OU.

Of course, it would be dumb to change stats too much, thats why I generally had a max stat change of 30 and thats only for pokemon that are unusable in OU. of course, I understand the main objective here is to make things usable, however, it wouldnt hurt to add alot of flavor in the process.

let me know what you think of flavor based stat changes.
Well, the motto is... actually I think you know what it is. :P
Then again, the only real stat changes in the mod at the moment are just logic, and I don't want to ripoff Flavourmons...
I guess flavour-based stat changes may be in the future.

flavor based stat changes is different from flavormons because flavormons takes the pokedex entries literally and adjusts stat to match the pokedex entry regardless of the original number.

what im suggesting is a stat adjustment with based around flavor but with the intention of making the pokemon more useful at performing its role. for example, blastoise and venusaur look flavorwise to have higher hp than charizard, so you increase hp by 20 points but decrease speed by 20 points. this serves to make blastoise and venusaur better at taking damage which is more advantagous for what people usually use them for.

of course, the megas shouldnt have lower hp than the original form so we would have to also adjust the hp of the mega forms as well. in my mods, i decided to simply ban all the mega stones but hopefully adjusting the megas to reflect the original forms will be okay with you? :|

flavor based stat changes is different from flavormons because flavormons takes the pokedex entries literally and adjusts stat to match the pokedex entry regardless of the original number.

what im suggesting is a stat adjustment with based around flavor but with the intention of making the pokemon more useful at performing its role. for example, blastoise and venusaur look flavorwise to have higher hp than charizard, so you increase hp by 20 points but decrease speed by 20 points. this serves to make blastoise and venusaur better at taking damage which is more advantagous for what people usually use them for.

of course, the megas shouldnt have lower hp than the original form so we would have to also adjust the hp of the mega forms as well. in my mods, i decided to simply ban all the mega stones but hopefully adjusting the megas to reflect the original forms will be okay with you? :|
I understand what you are saying, but as I said, most of the stat changes are just logic, not flavour, so maybe in the future.
Also, we are not working together...? And I never said anything about changing megas in Alphamod...
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression.

i never said anything about working together. I was just contributing ideas since the mods didnt let me have my own mod.

maybe i i should have emphasized more the utility/logic part of my suggestion for stat changes. i meant that as i was progressing through a mod with a similar idea of making unusable things usable, i realized that some small stat tweaks could be made to better complement ability and moveset changes. flavor is just bonus.

ignore the mega part. i only meant that if base forms are changed, the mega forms might also require changes because of the way gamefreak creates the megas. for example, the hp of the mega form is always equal to the original form, stats are always raised by 100 points, can only one typing modification etc...

i never said anything about working together. I was just contributing ideas since the mods didnt let me have my own mod.

maybe i i should have emphasized more the utility/logic part of my suggestion for stat changes. i meant that as i was progressing through a mod with a similar idea of making unusable things usable, i realized that some small stat tweaks could be made to better complement ability and moveset changes. flavor is just bonus.

ignore the mega part. i only meant that if base forms are changed, the mega forms might also require changes because of the way gamefreak creates the megas. for example, the hp of the mega form is always equal to the original form, stats are always raised by 100 points, can only one typing modification etc...
I'm not going to 100% going to add your suggestions... sorry about that...
For the third time, I may add your suggestions in the future.

I like the idea of Megas however. I have added in the hide about some Megas. :)
Thank you for that idea.

i didnt expect you to use all of my ideas or even use any of my ideas. i was just contributing to the project. you are the owner so you get to choose whatever you want. what i gave was just a donation with no strings attached.

sorry if i sounded like i expected you to use any of my ideas, they were just donations and you can do whatever you want since you are the owner here.

i didnt expect you to use all of my ideas or even use any of my ideas. i was just contributing to the project. you are the owner so you get to choose whatever you want. what i gave was just a donation with no strings attached.

sorry if i sounded like i expected you to use any of my ideas, they were just donations and you can do whatever you want since you are the owner here.
No need to apologize, just a case of misunderstanding. :)

No need to apologize, just a case of misunderstanding. :)
a case like beedrill is a perfect example of why a stat boost might be for the better. no matter what moves you give it, it still doesnt do enough damage even with stab megahorn and has very average speed. however, if you increased the speed of beedrill by 30 points, you can now start using choice band sets with uturn, megahorn, and bullet punch doing decent damage.

you could also go the other route of creating exclusive abilities/items for the very underpowered pokemon with entirely new mechanics (gen next and brokemons come to mind) but in my opinion this just overcomplicates both the programming and the game itself.

Last edited:
The following calculations are based on Beedrill's most common set, with an EV spread of 252 Attack and 252 Speed with a positive nature holding a Choice Scarf:

252 Beedrill's Megahorn vs. 4/0 Tyranitar: 82.4 - 97%
252 Beedrill's Megahorn vs. 4/0 Mega Tyranitar: 63.1 - 74.2%
252 Beedrill's Megahorn vs. 252/0 Mew: 75.7 - 89.6%
252 Beedrill's Megahorn vs. 4/0 Greninja: 147.5 - 174.8%
252 Beedrill's Megahorn vs. 0/0 Mega Absol: 170.4 - 201.4%
252 Beedrill's Megahorn vs. 252/0 Mega Abomasnow: 76.5 - 90.6%

I don't think you should underestimate the Base Power of Megahorn.
All the Pokémons I've used to demonstrate the power of Choice Scarf Beedrill get OHKO'd or have a chance to by his new attack Megahorn, counting obviously Hazard support (Stealth Rock). The only exception being Mega Tyranitar, which has huge physical bulk. If you increase his speed by thirty points, he would be as fast as Charizard. That doesn't seem very right, bees might be very fast but this is now a Steel type bee and as we know Steel type Pokémons aren't very fast. Also, by giving him a Choice Band he would destroy stuff which his STAB moves are super-effective against. But the problem is that it's still not gonna be used very much, because there are a lot more cool pokémon to play with. He still remains one of the first bugs/Pokémon you encounter in-game (Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple etc.) and as we know those aren't very strong, and shouldn't of course be. Megahorn for power and Bullet Punch to fix its' poor speed are already cool upgrades this bee gets to play with and I think that's enough for now...

(Sorry for my bad english.)

EDIT: Lol I just noticed that Beedrill's Megahorn has a slight chance of OHKOing Mega Absol even if neutral. That shows how much Mega Absol is frail.
252 Atk Beedrill Megahorn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 231-273 (85.2 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)