AlphaMod XY V0.1.6- a new way to play (WIP)

What moves should be made better?

• Total voters

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Justna small suggestion, a small change for the garchomps, for garchomp, i could want it to be able to have leaf blade (since of the claws) and have the abilitys, Rough Skin, Sand Force, Tough Claws (HA), and the mega to have Sand Rush, just a small thing that everyone would hate you and me for (mostly me)

Justna small suggestion, a small change for the garchomps, for garchomp, i could want it to be able to have leaf blade (since of the claws) and have the abilitys, Rough Skin, Sand Force, Tough Claws (HA), and the mega to have Sand Rush, just a small thing that everyone would hate you and me for (mostly me)
Haha, nice suggestion. I'll think about it!

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
as another stupid suggestion, could you give yanmega no guard as its HA?
With Hurricane? since i got a gooooooooood set for it

as another stupid suggestion, could you give yanmega no guard as its HA?
With Hurricane? since i got a gooooooooood set for it
I'll again think about it, but to prevent spam, if you have an idea can you PM me instead? Thank you.

Meanwhile, here's a replay me and someone I know had using AlphaMod in custom game. No mechanic changes unfortunately, but it was good fun with him using a PU team with AlphaMod changes, and myself using a full Rotom team. Can you spot the new changes coming soon? ;)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-207211949

Last edited:

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
I got another stupid suggestion, could Porygon-Z be Normal/Ghost? (thank Abnormal for this idea) and it can get Curse and Night Shade if so, my justification behind this is for one, it seems like a ghost type pokemon, i mean it has it all there, a science experiment gone, i mean have you seen that good typing? and it would benefit from normal/ghost, giving it alot less resistances yet alot more immunitys, like fighting and normal, hell even ghost, giving it only one weakness, aka dark.

Aggron should get Recover... A giant armored lizard should be able to recover from blows and etc., but most practically, Mega Aggron is now SUPER viable because it now gets reliable recovery outside of Rest.

Wait... You didn't give Snorlax Slack Off! It deserves Slack Off the most of any Pokemon except Slakoth and Slaking, who literally have "slack" in their names. And yes, I'm sort of quoting from that old Smog article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aggron should get Recover... A giant armored lizard should be able to recover from blows and etc., but most practically, Mega Aggron is now SUPER viable because it now gets reliable recovery outside of Rest.
I'll think about it. I'm planning to give Steelix some reliable recovery to make it less of a 'bad Mega Aggron', so I'm not sure at the moment.
Wait... You didn't give Snorlax Slack Off! It deserves Slack Off the most of any Pokemon except Slakoth and Slaking, who literally have "slack" in their names. And yes, I'm sort of quoting from that old Smog article.
It doesn't? It will definitely get Slack Off when the big update will come, which might be a while since I'm planning to code at least 80%. Thanks for the suggestions!

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Could watchog possibly get Technician? Since if it gets spark, it would be s nice pkmn with a tech boosted spark... And, could both bascules become water dark? For stab knock off and stab pursuit (add pursuit...) and you should give Lugia Delta stream and hurricane, since it says in the flavor text it causes storms with each wing flap or whatever, blah blah... :)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Serperior Kinda seems OP with Contrary Leaf Storm+Draco Meteor, earth power, and hp fire/utility options in the last slot.

Could watchog possibly get Technician? Since if it gets spark, it would be s nice pkmn with a tech boosted spark... And, could both bascules become water dark? For stab knock off and stab pursuit (add pursuit...) and you should give Lugia Delta stream and hurricane, since it says in the flavor text it causes storms with each wing flap or whatever, blah blah... :)
I was thinking of Watchog getting Tinted Lens for obvious reasons, but nice idea.
Basculin doesn't learn Pursuit!? It will definitely be Water/Dark soon enough... o_o
It will surely get Hurricane, not sure about Delta Stream though.
Serperior Kinda seems OP with Contrary Leaf Storm+Draco Meteor, earth power, and hp fire/utility options in the last slot.
Definitely. Can be countered by a few things I'm planning luckily (and hopefully).

Give Chesnaught Drain Punch in example sets because ORAS tutors.
Done :]
You should totally update this and finish these, I would love to see this OM In the voting :D
I don't think it's possible because it is a Pet Mod. Technically I'm finished with all the changes, and I plan to update as soon as at least 75% of coding for it is done. (Yes, I'm coding it all by myself). I'm only around 25% done and I have other things on Smogon and irl to attend to, but I surely will once I have.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Some Possible Changes

Infernape - no gaurd because it is a fighting monkey with magical marks on its body and it shouldn't miss its moves. (there is probably flavor text to support this better somewhere). Give it INFERNO (it literally is called INFERNape) and Dynamic Punch because iron fisticuffs.

Torterra - Head Smash and rock head for obvious reasons, and possibly retype it to rock/grass because of its very hard head.

Empoleon - Retype to water/ice because penguin and possibly thick fat, and maybe give it tough claws because of this:
"It swims as fast as a jet boat. The edges of its wings are sharp and can slice apart drifting ice."

Lucario - Probably want to give it mind reader and zen headbutt because of flavor text. Mach punch because it makes no sense for that to not be a thing, might be a few other things for this guy :toast:.

Sceptile - Give Mega Sceptile Draco Meteor because STAB and maybe give it contrary because broken ability is broken, and serp already gets broken moves.

Charizard - Sacred Fire because blue flames are considered sacred and zard has always been a sacred mon.

Tagging MegaGallade

Some Possible Changes

Infernape - no gaurd because it is a fighting monkey with magical marks on its body and it shouldn't miss its moves. (there is probably flavor text to support this better somewhere). Give it INFERNO (it literally is called INFERNape) and Dynamic Punch because iron fisticuffs.

Torterra - Head Smash and rock head for obvious reasons, and possibly retype it to rock/grass because of its very hard head.

Empoleon - Retype to water/ice because penguin and possibly thick fat, and maybe give it tough claws because of this:
"It swims as fast as a jet boat. The edges of its wings are sharp and can slice apart drifting ice."

Lucario - Probably want to give it mind reader and zen headbutt because of flavor text. Mach punch because it makes no sense for that to not be a thing, might be a few other things for this guy :toast:.

Sceptile - Give Mega Sceptile Draco Meteor because STAB and maybe give it contrary because broken ability is broken, and serp already gets broken moves.

Charizard - Sacred Fire because blue flames are considered sacred and zard has always been a sacred mon.

Tagging MegaGallade
But if Sceptile's Grass/Dark, then Draco Meteor isn't possible (unless by an event a la Jirachi). I suppose it could work if we go the event route. I do think that Megatile could get a new ability though. Perhaps Adaptability? (pls no Contrary, Serperior deserves to be unique)

I also like Empoleon as Water/Steel, because it's unique with that typing aside from the new Mega Blastoise and the defensive merits of it are cool. Thick Fat and Tough Claws are cool abilities for it though, but I also really like Swift Swim and Competitive on it.

Agree with the Lucario stuff and the Torterra ideas sound good as well imo.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
But if Sceptile's Grass/Dark, then Draco Meteor isn't possible (unless by an event a la Jirachi). I suppose it could work if we go the event route. I do think that Megatile could get a new ability though. Perhaps Adaptability? (pls no Contrary, Serperior deserves to be unique)

I also like Empoleon as Water/Steel, because it's unique with that typing aside from the new Mega Blastoise and the defensive merits of it are cool. Thick Fat and Tough Claws are cool abilities for it though, but I also really like Swift Swim and Competitive on it.

Agree with the Lucario stuff and the Torterra ideas sound good as well imo.
Regular and mega scep would get draco via move tutor

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Some Possible Changes

Tagging MegaGallade
The only real one I likeis Rock Head Tortera, and grass rock, that type has great potential just look at cradlily, defensive capability and stone edge stab, it would be good, but It loses that Powerful woodhammer

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
The only real one I likeis Rock Head Tortera, and grass rock, that type has great potential just look at cradlily, defensive capability and stone edge stab, it would be good, but It loses that Powerful woodhammer
why would it lose woodhammer?

Some Possible Changes

Infernape is a great idea! Not sure what I'll give the Blaziken family instead now, haha...
Head Smash Torterra... why isn't this a thing? Not sure about typing and Rock Head in combination with Head Smash in general since it could be even more broken in combination with Shell Smash...
Emploeon looks more steel-like than ice-like aesthetically, and if anything, Prinplup should get Thick Fat since Emploleon is more like metal. Tough Claws sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure what ability to replace instead as Swift Swim and Competitive are great flavor-ful abilities.
It doesn't get mind reader or zen headbutt? Welp, I'm surely adding that, thanks for pointing that out! I'm planning to give Lucario a great status move, luckily, but I'll keep it a secret for now. ;)
Sceptile... I think Jaguar360 explained it best... kinda.
Not sure about the event thing though.
As for Charizard, not sure about that since Sacred Fire for now is legendary exclusive and I'm not sure how Charizard is sacred.
Thanks for the great ideas!

why would it lose woodhammer?
I believe he meant STAB Earthquake.

Anyway, since the pet mod seems to be a little less dead in the thread, then here's another battle that previews some things that will be in the big update!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-234447178
Thanks for the feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)