Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Robert
Pokemon Online Username: .Robert, Robert-, ect.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a mexican that want to improve.

Username: Foxy Grandpa
Pokemon Online Username: Foxy Grandpa / Foxy Grandpaps or some slight variation thereof
Timezone and Hours of availability: EST 6:00-8:00ish
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and some basic UU if time permits
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently a Junior in high school which keeps me busy with homework, wrestling and just life in general. I can normally hold my own in battles and gaining moderate success on the ladder (1100-1150ish). My biggest issue is most likely teambuilding as I often times have trouble making a team that can handle many of the big threats.

coR.

Banned deucer.
Username: ~GreenCore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -GreenCore- 'xCore and others ~
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GTM -6, usually after the 19:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a mexican player, i usually use offensive teams, so i know how to stall, i have problems to do my teams, i prefer a person who can speak spanish, it would be better for me, thanks.

Username: MetaGross66
Pokemon Online Username: I have a lot but pokmi is the one I'm currently laddering with.
Timezone and Hours of availability: EST 4:00-5:00 usually
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: well, I've been battling since the start of dpp so I have a lot of experience. I guess I'm just looking to perfect my style of battling since team building is already a skill I have few issues with. I've been able to top the ladder on several accounts in a matter of days in LC, UU, and OU so idk if I need much help, but I'd like as much as I can get. Also, I've seen some of the tutoring program's work and I must say I'm quite impressed. :)

Username: FakeGlory
Pokemon Online Username: FakeGlory
Timezone and Hours of availability:MST (Az, USA) 6:00-9:00 pm or 3:00-9:00 ( If need be)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU (Hopefully team building)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a normal Hispanic white boy that got started during the dpp age. I see this as a great opportunity to shape my team building skills and hopefully get more of an in depth look of the tier and just a better all around understanding. I also have a YouTube that I do(for fun and to better my speech skills).
And as for why I have less than than 25 posts I have hit over 100 posts multiple times but a few days after so they always drop to around 13 posts that it says I have, but if you would still like a reason I would have to say that I am in a bit of a team building rut and this tutoring was one thing I was always hoping to join when I first saw it but I felt a bit to nervous being that I was pretty new when I found out, but thankfully now I have the courage and the strong desire to be tutored.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Username: Woodchuck
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Woodchuck or some variation thereof. Also Phoneticallidocious and Freightcachers but i don't use those often lol
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (pacific, yes?) And, um, sort of inconsistently around 4-6 PM on weekdays and 11 AM - 4 PM on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: I'd like to learn BW OU first of all, but I'm really starting to like ADV OU and I also need to get better at DPP OU as i sucked back during that gen. So the order would be 1. BW OU 2. ADV OU and 3. DPP OU and I don't really expect to learn them all this round so probably BW OU.
boy, that was long and rambling
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not new to competitive battling but I feel like I've been stuck at being a "decent" player for a long time. I don't feel like I have a big weakness with respect to teambuilding or battling but I really don't know how to get better. I've never made suspect reqs but I've come close and perhaps if I had more time to ladder...

Anyways some of you might know who I am :X I hope I can take my battling to the next level!

Username:Ningildo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Ningildo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-4 (almost forgot, I don't observe DST (Daylight Saving Time) here), usually on at around 6:00 PM mostly. If I finish homework fast though, probably earlier.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW RU, DP OU and maybe some ADV OU?
I need help with team building. And some tutoring of prediction skills.
Tell us a little about yourself: As a fan of pokemon since RBY, I've been playing pokemon as much as I did when I was little, which is to say a lot. However, I've only been playing competitively recently in BW OU, since I got into it during the release of Black and White. Due to this, I want to learn from someone more experienced in terms of competitive battling so I know all aspects of it and don't fall too far behind.

Username: KookyLapine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Melodic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7 (MST), I’m available on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. For the weekday’s I’m available after 5 and for Saturdays I'll usually be available all day.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve done some wifi battling before the 5th gen got announced, but never got very good. Now that 5th gens out and all I want to get back in the game. I like to draw, and learn about philosophy.

I should be tutored because i can never seem to get get more than average on my own, but im a fast learner and can become more than just ok with help.

Username: Lapras6666
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lapras6666
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 9:00 to 10:15 pm week days 9:30 to 12:00 am fridays, saturdays, sundays. You may also find me at other times of weekends. GMT +2
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Lapras and I live in the wonderful country of Spain. I've been into competitive pokemon since the release of BW but I still need/want to learn more about the DPP OU metagame, since it seems like an amazing one. I also want to refine my skills as a BW OU player.

Registration

I have checked this thread everyday for a month waiting for round 54 and I check it today and there are already 3 pages :facepalm:

Username:DarkDeoxys
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DarkDeoxys/DarkDeo(PO)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8(PST) 10pm to 2am everyday(for sure) weekends could vary and I could have all day
What tier do you want to learn?: I find UU/NU/RU BW/DPPt most fun because of the variety but anything is great.
Tell us a little about yourself: I got my Pokemon Red cart from my cousin at the age of 4 and have played Pokemon ever since, TCG, Spinoffs anything I could get my hands on, but competitive battling seems like so much fun and a great way to get into the Pokemon/Smogon community. I have been on PO for about 2 months just winging it and hoping for the best, for a while I was between about 1100 and 1300 on the ladder but used a new team and went on a losing streak. I also watch alot of YouTube people my favorites being E-Lo and Shofu and have tried to use some of their sets through trial and error. Team building is my main issue often having a gaping weakness to a common Poke, but I have good strategy and knowledge of game mechanics. If it means getting a tutor I can stretch my hours even more up to maybe 4 or 6pm to 2am.

Reasons Why I should be Tutored(I guess I have to put this since the is a new account with no posts): I am a very fast learner so my tutor and I could move on to more advanced things quickly and I have a very flexible schedule. I one day hope to have enough experience to become a tutor here on Smogon and I want this to be my starting point for this new account. I am dedicated enough that if it means getting my a** kicked all over the place for 5 hours straight so be it because that's sometimes what it takes to get good. I hope my post will at least be considered and if not you'll recieve something very similar to this next month. :)

P.S. I also have the ability to play through DS as well using my AR and PokeGen/Databases.

(Edit)PM'd undisputed last night hopefully going to get a response.

Username: skidilidy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MasterSalsa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 and after 9 PM all days.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been battling and browsing Smogon for a while, developed my skills but I feel that I am lacking something significant that I need to take myself to the next level. I have been waiting for this for a while, but I guess I checked at the wrong time.

Username: VERAKS
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Baws time
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT 4pm-7pm
What tier do you want to learn?:bw ou
Tell us a little about yourself:im a 16 year old boy in college who enjoys playing competitive pokemon in my spare time. i love the competitive aspect of pokemon and have been playing since dpp, id like to request Scimjara to be my tutor :)

Username: Chanazn
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Chanazn / PingPing / LoYe
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (Pacific) usually in the evenings
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not new to OU battling, but I've gotten rather out of touch with the metagame since I despise the weather oriented BW OU. However, I would like to learn, and become a better player of BW OU despite my dislike for the metagame. I've probably peaked around 1300 or so, but now I'd really like to be playing with the big boys up in the 1400s :) I am really a UU player at heart, and am pretty good at it if I do say so myself :P (highest ranking was like 1434 iirc in BW UU) So no need for UU tutoring xD

Also i wanna learn Ubers :D

As for myself, there's not much to me, I'm pretty simple, going to college this year, I like competitive Pokemon, blah blah blah etc etc etc

I like C&C :3

Username: DarrenPwns
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DarrenPwns/Darren_Test
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8, usually on from 5 pm to 11 pm on weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU / ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I juz finished getting tutored in BW OU, and i feel like learning new tiers. DPP OU and ADV OU sounds like pretty fun tiers to me so i'm pretty interested in learning em :].

Username: Majestic
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: FarFromHell/Majestic
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+10 3pm to 6-9 pm on week days and weekends 12pm to 6pm.(It's school holidays, so i could get any tutor doesnt matter what timezone)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've Been playing competive poke's for about 4-3 years, 4th gen was my forte but with 5th gen it isnt, im good with predicting ect. It's just making soild good teams is were i lose confidence.

Username: PokeKid5
Pokemon Online Username: PokeKid5
Timezone: GMT-4, EDT, 4:00 PM-6:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I am in college and I love paintball and pokemon. I love pizza.

Requesting Stone-Cold.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Username: Jirachi
Pokemon Online Username: Jirachee
Timezone: EST
Tell us a little about yourself: I like BW OU a lot, and Tyranitar is cool.

I asked Eternal if he wanted to tutor me a long time ago and he answered yes, so I wonder if I can get him.

Username: Dr. Eyepatch
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Speedwagon (May have to doublecheck)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central Standard Time; usually any time after 9pm works best for me.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, mostly
Tell us a little about yourself: Well... I have known about the competitive pokemon battling scene for quite some time, but only started to get involved in it during the middle of 4th Gen's D/P. I like to think I have a creative outlook on things and enjoy making teams/strategies that I believe would be fun to me (the one in my signature is probably my most successful; I will respond to the posts in it soon, promise), but I am certainly not above taking advice and constructive criticism on how to become a much better battler (which is the type of guideance I probably need). I have applied three or four times for a tutor, but I always seem to just miss out.

Any other questions or things you would like to know about me, feel free to ask or let me know. ^ ^

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Poppycock
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Poppycock / variants with alt suffixes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 8, most of the day
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently have half a year semi - off waiting for uni to start, definitely not a beginner, but nowhere near pro.

Username: RitterCat
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: RitterCat, rittercat
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian EST (GMT+10 i think), most evenings on weekdays, most of the day on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a nerd who enjoys Pokemon and Minecraft. Got into smogon via Smeargle's Studio but want to improve my battling skills. Enjoy school, fave subjects are Maths and Science, and I generally get good grades.
Looking to learn BW OU, as I have some experience in it and I'd like to know it the best

Username:Vulgo
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Vulgo
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:7~11PM GMT -3 (Brazil)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW OU, BW UU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 24 years old systems analyst who plays pokemon competitively since last year, i'm kinda used to the DPP OU metagame, but i still think i could learn some more, and i'm having a little trouble to adapt to the current metagame.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Furai
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Furai, Example
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 - Whenever I'm on, really.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm a competitive battler for about 2 years now. I wouldn't say I'm a bad battler, but I do have place to improve at like team building and mainly - battle skills like predictions etc. Besides school and Pokemon I enjoy hanging out with my friends.

After last round I signed up and only got two sessions (round 50) I really think I should get a tutor this round.

Username: Dragonboy52
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dragnboyz/Dragonboy2z2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 2-4 PM 6-8 PM GMT+3
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing competitive pokemon for quite some time now and I want to improve. Main weekness of mine is in Team Builiding.

Username: imcooked
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: imcooked, SteveChuck'sEnvoy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, Hours of availability vary, will elaborate in description.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: Oh jeez, how to start...I just started college as a freshman in Grove City. I love Pokemon and have been involved for years. My friends all know me as a Pokemon knowledge expert. I've been playing competitively for a couple of years now, and have had moderate success on the ladder (1400+ rating DPP OU, top 100 BW OU a few months ago). However, if I really want to be competitive (which I do), I think I need some help.

First off, I have a tough time making teams, as I usually try to stick to one idea without being willing to change it. Another is the overall creation of move-sets. I don't usually try out new things, and I've seen some pretty creative innovations over the years that I would like to learn to use. I am also very eager to learn how to easily tell how many EVs I should use, what nature I should use, and figure out things like speed tiers. Lastly, although I can predict moderately well, I would love to learn some of the finer points of battling, such as when it's a good idea to boost stats and when I should switch, predicting a counter-switch.

The biggest problem in getting tutoring help, however, is this: Grove City College Campus blocks online gaming stuff, including Pokemon Online. However, should I be accepted as a tutee, I will make a conscious effort to get to my local McDonalds/Coffee Shop to attend a session that requires me to get onto Pokemon Online. Trust me, I love Pokemon so much that I WILL make an effort to attend these meetings. I'll admit, I would like to do some tutoring that doesn't require online play as much (skyping, messaging, phone calls, etc.) to make it easier, but I will do whatever is necessary to attend tutoring meetings.

I'm excited to be tutored (should I be accepted), as I have kept missing deadlines for signing up in the past. Again, please trust that my already accumulated knowledge of and love for Pokemon will spur me to organize and attend meetings with my tutor. Thanks for reading!

Assigned to ENZ0

Username: AlphaJolt
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: AlphaJolt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: during the week mostly anytime between 9 am and 10 pm (GMT-6), weekends vary
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm one credit away from my junior year in college and I do school online so my hours are very flexible. I have been playing Pokemon competitively for a little over a year and a half. I can predict well but my teambuilding skills are lacking. I want to learn ADV because it seems like a great metagame that isn't too offensive or defensive.

ENZ0 has agreed to tutor me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)