Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to blarajan

Username:
M to the e, Methmite
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Methmite
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Standard time (GMT -5)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm great looking, love long walks on the beach. I play Ultimate frisbee, rap, and am a champion snowball fighter. Pokemon is one of my favorite hobbies.

Blarajan agreed to tutor me :pimp:

Username: Mexifry
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mexifry
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard Time - Any time during the day between today and Jan 2nd. After Jan 2nd, itll be night time. (Like 7pm-10pm)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently a business college student who has just started getting into competitive pokemon. I really like the game, but my biggest issues are team building and prediction. I play alot of wifi with the Smogon Wifi Battle Finder, but feel that the simulator allows for a higher level of competitive play.

I understand I have less than 25 posts; however, I believe that getting more involved in the simulator will increase my gameplay and give me the motivation to get more involved in the community.

Username: smashlloyd20
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: smashlloyd20
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; 4-5 on weekdays, 11 PM-1 AM all days. Variable on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I SWIM AND HEAD SMASH ALL DAY

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Elevator Music (for LC)

Username
: Joeyboy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Joeyboy, Joeyboy1213, j1213
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: US Eastern Time, mostly after 5pm. Very easy to work around though :)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU, BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: 19 year old college student at the College of Charleston. Majoring in Psychology with a minor in Creative Writing. I enjoy surfing and hanging out with friends. I invented the question mark and spar with lions in my free time. I once carved an ornate gazebo from single piece of wood. Some people talk in their sleep, I sing harmonic melodies. I now wish to be a Pokemon Master.

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin (ADV OU)

Username:By Myself
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:By Myself
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 12Pm - Anywhere after 12Am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, ADV OU, BW Uber, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Looking to sprout to different tiers and learn things i haven't come across to yet. I'm a quick learner. Could also use help on some teambuilding.

Username: extremebeta
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: vanilla twilight
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 and usually from 5pm to 8 pm weeknights.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, ADV OU (maybe), BW ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Im canadian and right now I'm sitting in my igloo, with my pet polar bear. ;) I started in 2009 during DPP and DPP OU is the my fav tier. But when Gen 5 was released, I quit because I HATE the suspect testing period, now that its settled down, Im back!

Assigned to Limitless (BW OU)

Username: Steamroll
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Steamroll
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 from about 3pm to midnight
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU; BW OU; BW NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Looking to diversify my battling experience. I am highly active on PO so the odds of missing me are very slim. I am also open to tutoring on IRC and am active on #pokemon, #ratemyteam and am expanding into #rarelyused, too.

NOTE: I have applied in the last 2 tutoring rounds and a few others in the past.

Username: EspyOwner
PO Username: EspyOwner
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) 9:00am - 1:00am
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC 2012 and BW OU. In that priority, if possible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a very vocal person, I enjoy chatting and being a part of the IRC when I can. For however many months that I've been here at Smogon, I've always been mistaken for Joel at least once a week, maybe a few times a day. I tend to disagree with something, and if I'm proven wrong I change my demeanor towards it fairly quickly.

Username: Z-rex
PO Username: Zed lepplin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0 , pretty available in week end .
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU + OU
Tell us a little about yourself: always enjoyed playing this game and i'll always be , but well with all my failures in making a good non standard BW team , i guess requesting the help of a tutor isn't a bad thing to do .

Assigned to StevenSnype

Username: Jayde
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jayde
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5. Almost any arranged time on weekends (bar Friday and Saturday nights) and weekdays after about 6, when practice ends.
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a 9th grader, and I play lacrosse and basketball for school. I want to learn battle strategy and team building. By strategy I don’t really mean predictions, but long-term match thinking, like thinking ahead and forming plans inside your head (knowing which pokemon to play conservatively with, which to sac in tight spots, etc).*I’m pretty serious about getting better, even though I’m not really a serious guy in general.

Steven Snype has agreed to tutor me.

Assigned to Ojama

Username:
shofu
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ace the Creator
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, usually on during the evening
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not a bad battler at all, but the area I suffer in is team building. I have made some good teams, but a lot of them don't perform the way I see them performing in my head.

Username: Zane777
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Stickerz, or -Zane-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 (Cali) and 4-11 weekdays, alot on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My real name is Zane, if im not on, im either surfing, playing ukulele or with my friends.

Assigned to SevenDeadlySins

Username:
TheMexican
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: I have alot of them but it is usually [TheMexican] and some other random stuff
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -7 (checked on wikipedia). Im mostly available at 2:00-3:00 pm and 6:00pm-9:30pm on weekdays and most of the day on weekends. Now that im out of school Im on most of the day :)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU is my priority second comes DPP OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a simple teenager, Im at 10th grade, broke with my girlfriend about a month ago, (she can go to hell tbh), Im mexican (orlly), I like pokemon... I've been playing it about a year now, (competitive), started in serebii knowing pretty much nothing and well, now I want to get serious but I need help I get someone. Oh, and Im also smexy
"When I started I didnt even know this forums existed and I wanna have this opportunity to learn more about competitive battleing and adapt to this new metagame.
Mostly what i want to learn is in my in battle predictions and both in short and long term, since I'm not so bad at team building."

I didnt get a tutor in the previous 2 rounds.

Username: Sour
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: NextHype
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT (United Kingdom) I'm on during the evenings
Tell us a little about yourself: I feel as though I'm an average battler and I want to take my battling skill to the next level. I'm a fast learner and I enjoy teambuilding very much so I also wish to polish that up as well. (I have posted an RMT before and it got some very postive feedback)
I haven't posted much on Smogon but I'm usually lurking in the RMT thread, just reading the in-depth descriptions/analysis'. I also upload Pokemon WiFi/PO battles frequently on my YT Channel.

Username: Pareidolia
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pareidolia
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8; I'm usually available from around 6:30 PM to about 10:30 PM, except weekends where I have all the freetime I want.
What tier do you want to learn?: VGC '12 (is this even an option), BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a typical 15 year old with aspirations to become known throughout the world as the best at something. I play water polo and I like to swim. Winter is my only available time for tutoring thanks to sports.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Iconic

Username
: AfroThunderRule
Pokemon Online Username: AfroThunderRule, KGC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-10:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers, BW UU, DPP OU, Adv OU, basically I'll learn whatever.
Tell us a little about yourself: I suck at this game. ._.

Also, these topics go way to fast.

Assigned to AndViet

Username:
Max212
PO Username: Max21
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, Anytime on weekends and 5-10 p.m. weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU, ADV OU (adv if ou tutors run out)
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I am a normal teenage guy enjoying life. I would like help in tournament teambuilding and preparations cause I tend to break down in important battles due to pressure. I also tried but failed to get in this program for 4 rounds. :(

Requesting Bloo cause he's a god.

placeholder

Username: Metal Bagon
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Metal Bagon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12, My holidays have just started so it sohuld be for at least 3 hours from 7am to 7pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/BW Ubers/DPP OU/BW UU (in order of priority)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a fan of competitive pokemon :P. Peaked 49 at DPP OU and 81 in BW Ubers, but nothing else worth noting. Basketball and soccer fan, good at maths blah blah blah.

Username: toastyboi
Pokemon Online Username: toastyboi
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1 (Berlin) 8:00PM - 1:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, LC, Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to play Pokemon when I was young:
Pokemon Red/ Gold / Crystal/ Ruby/ Emerald . At that time I stopped playing after I beat Elite Four and catch all the legendary Pokemons.

Now I grown up and still love Pokemon. I want to learn more about Pokemon competitive so that I can teach my children later.
I have played Pokemon back for 6 months (B/W).I joined the Pokemon VGC 2011 in Köln. That's the first time I played Pokemon with so many people.

I can build some cookie cutter team. What I need to learn is the metagame, how to build a Pokemon team to fit my style.

About me
: I like to compete with people and make friend over the world.

Assigned to Charmander (BW LC)

Username
: Sir
Pokemon Online Username: Sir
What timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. Most afternoons and early mornings on weekends.
What Tier do you want to learn?: BW OU. If time permits, BW RU and BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: Like many others, I'm a teenager who enjoys playing Pokemon. Although I have not been playing Pokemon for an incredibly long time, I am a harder worker, and hopefully I can absorb as much knowledge and experience out of this round of tutoring(if I am assigned a tutor) as I can. Other than Pokemon, I love to write, play sports, hang out with friends, interview documentary directors, listen to Gregg Gillis(Girl Talk), and many other things. If I am assigned a tutor, I would really like to work on my team building skills, because I feel like my mindset for battling is correct. My schedule is incredibly flexible because the only final exam that I feel that I will need to study extensively for is chemistry; and I have Christmas Break in the near future. My favorite show is Monk, if that means anything.

I was not fortunate enough to receive a tutor last round.

Edit: Best wishes to Stone_cold. I hope the surgery goes well.

Username: Harpwn
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Le Geauxt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 6-10PM weekdays, 6-12PM on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I struggle greatly with team building. I feel that in-game I can make good predictions and execute a strategy, but my teams always seem to fail to execute.

I typically only browse the Smogon forums. I've been a member for a while but I feel like my posts wouldn't contribute much. I posted before when the minumum was 15 posts to get tutored. This is my third round I am applying, so hopefully I pass this time.

Username: skidilidy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MasterSalsa/Salsa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard Time, GMT -8:00, 6:00 - 10:00 PM most days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing for a couple of years now. I love playing soccer and going skiing, and the winter is going to be great for that! I think I'm an okay teambuilder but my battling needs a ton of work. I'm trying to raise my activity on the forums and so far I think it has been going well. I'm really hoping to get picked because I know I would put in a ton of effort and always have enthusiasm. Thanks!

Note: I missed the last round but I did not get a tutor in the round before that one.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
***ABSOLUTELY URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT***

Stone_Cold will not, I repeat, not be able to tutor this round. I know this may disappoint the many of you who have already requested him (I am, too, sad), but he is undergoing surgery tomorrow, and won't be able to commit enough time to his tutees, seeing as he needs to rest after the surgery is done - please wish him the best of luck.

At 2 PM tomorrow, eastern time, his surgery will commence. At this time, I invite you all to the #RateMyTeam IRC channel as we will have a group prayer to make sure everything is a success. Don't worry, though, he will be back completely during the next round, so feel free to request him then!

Username: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Waveshine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (which is GMT -5) 2pm-11pm (Actually on most day since I'm done with school for now! :D )
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm your typical asian teenager that loves pokemon and sports. Like I've mentionned in round 56, I'm a competitive melee player that's taking a break from it and simply wants to get better at pokemon, I've played pokemon a bit some years ago but never really got good at it so I decided to come back and bring my pokemon skills to another level. I would say that my main weaknesses are making good plays and team building. Other than that I'm the type of guy that loves to talk and joke around and simply have fun!

Why I should be tutored: I should be tutored because the last round my tutor learned me about team building so I'm a bit better at that but I still need to learn how to make better plays and prediction which I hope my new tutor will teach me. I may not have 25 posts but that is due to my lack of knowledge. With this program I hope to obtain more so I can contribute to the forums! Also I'm on Pokemon Online a lot so meeting and setting up a place to meet my tutor will be quite easy.

Thank you for your time :)

EDIT: I hope Stone Cold is gonna get better soon!

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to idiotfrommars

Username
:prem
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:prem
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:practically all day everyday
What tier do you want to learn?: bw ou
Tell us a little about yourself:im a regular 16 yo kid who started pokemon in march and have been wanting to get better because im decent at best. im okay at battling and really need help at teambuilding. other than that i play drums a lot and enjoy talking to other people

also signed up last time but didnt get a tutor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)