Status
Not open for further replies.
ASSIGNED TO HANKE

Username:
Server_Crash
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Server_Crash
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, primarily weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I always kind of lurked in competitive battling, but recently I've gotten quite good at ubers, DW, and LC, making it into the top 25 on all three. I'm still not able to do very well in OU, but I manage to do decently in DP.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO STEVEN SNYPE

Username:
cosmicexplorer
Pokemon Online / Shoddy Username: cosmicexplorer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4, primarily weekends and weekdays after 3:00
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been able to achieve moderate success on the ladder, but I've never really been able to get very good, to the point of ever beating an seasoned battler, although I believe that I am able to understand and utilize most common strategies. I usually run an offensive team, but I'd like to be able to learn about all styles of play and how to use them effectively. I think working on teambuilding would probably help me the most, but really any sort of tutoring would be appreciated. I'm a sophomore in high school, I play basketball and soccer, and I'm pretty much the generic overachiever.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: ginganinja
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ginganinja
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +12 Pretty much all the time really. I have a fair bit of spare time so finding a time should not me too hard.
Tell us a little about yourself: Average guy from NZ. At university. Love building teams and trying new things.

ASSIGNED TO ballabrown24

Username: Starfawkingburst
Shoddy Username: Starfawkingburst
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 4:00PM-11pm on weekdays and weekends all day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW OU doubles (if possible)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I'm 18 and I have a lot of experience in 4th gen. I peaked at #1 in a few servers in shoddy while 4th gen was out. I am a decent team builder, but I just have no clue of what to expect out of this new gen with teams and battle strategies. I have a few gen 5 teams, but they mostly lack synergy and strategy. I am a quick learner and pretty easy to teach. I'm an easy going guy that loves pokemon and wants to get things done in Gen 5 along with getting more integrated with the Smogon community rather than lurking. lol

ASSIGNED TO UNDISPUTED

Username
:masterful
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:TheEpicUnicorn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-8, 4-8pm weekdays, usually 5-9pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself:I like to think of myself as a moderately good pokemon player. I enjoy quite a few tiers and would like to get better at these two primarily. I'm a senior in high school, involved with the band and the baseball team. Dedicated fan of the Giants (Angels suck). Like to be tutored by Zeph if possible :)

Username: yee
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: yee/viper venom
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 6 PM-12 PM (honestly I stay up till early morning a lot)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, maybe UU if it comes out soon
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a geeky junior in high school thats taking on Ap Calculus, Stats, and Physics next year :) I play trombone pretty well and in my spare time when im not playing pokemon Need For Speed or hanging out with friends is what I like to do- I am an adrenaline junkie so this ends up something like building a downhill race machine or something else fun. Im really stoked to see Formula Drift come to Long Beach then the Grand Prix, I love the speed, smell, noise, everything about racing.

On a pokemon note I usually put a lot of work into my teams to not achieve much, so getting feedback from one of the really good players would be awesome! I tend to run stall but right now im trying to make my non-weather offense team work and a bulky offense rain team seems like my next choice. I like Smogon and competitive battling so I want to develop into a more well known user and have at least some kind of ladder peak to be proud of.

ASSIGNED TO STONE_COLD

Username: StarmanXL
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: StarmanXL
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; available near anytime between 6 P.M. and 2 A.M.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU mainly, but BW Ubers would be nice too (but if that's too much then whatever)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I started playing competitively back when D/P got released and have been playing off and on. I've always been terrible at singles although I have a fondness for doubles and VGC, so if I got a tutor who is interested in those as well that'd be great (but if not then so be it). Right now I'm trying to work on getting a degree in Neuroscience and in Creative Writing. While I haven't written anything I think is good enough to be submitted to literary reviews, I might get acknowledged in some published research.

ASSIGNED TO HEIST

Username:
bubbly
Pokemon Online Username: bubbly / pacachomp
Timezone: Australian WST. Normally available between 10 am and 8pm
What tier do you want to learn? DPP OU
About myself: I've been playing competitively for the last two years or so. I'm not terrible at battling, and I like to think I'm a decent teambuilder, but I struggle a lot with endgame planning and long term plans etc. Outside pokemon I play a lot of tennis as well as piano and chess and stuff.

*Wasn't selected last round, I assume I'm supposed to repost here? :)

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: RayJay
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: RayJay
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Mountain Standard Time (EST -2), usually available 5:30 to 8:00 PM EST and 11 PM to 1 AM EST on weekdays, as well of most of the weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a part of C&C for quite a while now, being one of the first official gp nazi... er checkers. Now I've been learning this metagame to some success, but still wish to fine tune both my playing style, threat prediction ability, and, of course, team building. I am a student involved in just about the most advanced classes I can be taking right now, and am always ready to learn.

Username:Xmagnet
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Xmagnet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8 Pacific (Current -7) Weekdays 3~6 or 7, a bit random on weekends usually around 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?:BW LGC or OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like pie. I like pokemon. I like sarcasm. I also like ranting about the government in sarcastic way while eating pie and playing pokemon.

Username: KidX
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: KidX
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 Usually on the weekends, but sometimes on the week day at night.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 15 in grade 10. I like pokemon.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: elDino
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: elDino / elDinoskillz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +8 Friday nights, Saturdays + nights and Sundays. I can be on at any time during the night so I can be tutored by someone in America if needed.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU DPP OU ADV OU, mostly teambuilding in general and gameplay.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year old student living in Asia and I picked up competitive mons about a year ago. I really need help with gameplay and I want to be tutored to become the best that I could be.

Username: bharmalm
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: bharmalm / Toon Link2
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 10AM-1PM 7PM-10PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/ BW UBER
Tell us a little about yourself: i live i england and play badminton

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Username: Athenodoros
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Atheno/Athenodoros
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 - Standard university hours. Generally free on weekends, and most nights.
What tier do you want to learn: ADV OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Science student at university, taking standard science stuff. Pokemon-wise, I do pretty badly at laddering, but do better in tournament matches, so I know that something is holding me back. I'm interested to learn the ropes from someone who has done particularly well in one of the metagames, especially ADV OU. No requests, partially because there don't seem to be enough in my timezone to be picky.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ASSIGNED TO EET

Username: Hawkstar
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Battle Username: Any variation of Hawkstar
Timezone and Usual Hours of Avaliability: GMT -5, Anytime from 5-10 PM Eastern
Time
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU
Tell us about yourself: I'm an intermediate battler looking for some help. I feel that my prediction and battle skills are adequate, but I am lacking in the team building department. Have you seen the sandstorm team I posted here in November? I haven't created a decent team since that, four months later. So, that is the main reason I am signing up for the tutoring program: To build up my team building skill.

ASSIGNED TO SOMALIA

Username:
Ada
Pokemon Online Username: Ada maybe with random numbers attached
Timezone: GMT+1 9.00pm onwards
What tier do you want to learn: Ubers, OU & UU
Tell us more about yourself: try again, 1 more time

edit: hopefully i'll get in this time, if not that's also fine, this is probably the last time i'll be applying so hopefully i do get in :)

ASSIGNED TO REACHZERO

Username
: JackieChun
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: JackieChun
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5(EST) Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 7pm - 9pm; Wednesday 8am - 9pm; Saturday 5pm - 12am; Sunday 1pm - 9pm
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm too "old" for this game, but I still love it. I've desired to get better since DPPt, but never got the opportunity to be tutored until now. I'm 5th gen retarded. I'm just your average BMW(blk man working). Proof that I want to get much better at this game: I'm typing this from my phone on the bus to work. Not waiting till I get home for this to close up on me.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
ASSIGNED TO ZEPH

Username:
fatty
Pokemon Online / Shoddy Username: fatty
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, various hours on the weekends and usually from 3 PM - 6 PM on the weekdays.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon for about a year and half now, and I must say that I'm still thoroughly enjoying myself. I'd like to think that I'm a fairly capable battler, but I know there are many things that I need to brush up on, 5th Gen OU in particular. I'm pretty diverse in the tiers that I play which range from ADV(just recently learned) to DPP UU and even to BW LC. On the more personal side of things, I'm a pretty average 16 year old guy. I enjoy hanging with friends, playing sports (especially football), and most of all, playing Pokemon! Also, although my name may tell otherwise, I'm not actually fat! Just thought I'd throw that out there, as there have been some misconceptions in the past.

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
Username: imperfectluck
Shoddy Username: imperfectluck
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 12AM - 8AM
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I don't know how to do anything other than hax

ASSIGNED TO MEKKAH

Username: Quagsires
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Quagsires
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 between 4 and 7
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old who often visits the site and is trying to get more into competitive battling for the tour.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ASSIGNED TO JABBATHEGRIFFIN

Username: PK Gaming
PO Username: PK Gaming
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (6PM-12AM)
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: (CP'd from before) I'm a university student that has a passion for video games. I want to take the time to properly learn ADV for the 11th Smogon tour.

Requesting either JabbaTheGriffin or Mekkah

Username: comatthew6
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: comatthew6, coma's bitch
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, usually 4-8PM when I don't have golf
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to brush up on my teambuilding/prediction skills because I've always had trouble with them. I also want to learn how to "analyze" opponents' teams during team preview better. Personal info: My name's Matt and I live in New Jersey; I enjoy playing golf (on the HS team) and basketball and video games (best at Black Ops). I think that I'm easy to talk to and will be able to go on most times if I'm not playing golf.

EDIT: I would like to request either Atticus or JabbatheGriffin

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ASSIGNED TO NACHOS

Username: Furai
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: PO: Mysterious, Shoddy: Furai
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 - I'm usually available when I'm on which is from around 3PM my time. I'm on most of the hours, not always though.
What tier do you want to learn?: Focus on BW OU and BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I'm a competitive battler for a year and a half, serious battling for a year. I wouldn't say I'm a bad battler, but I do have place to improve at like team building and mainly - battle skills like predictions etc. Besides school and Pokemon I enjoy hanging out with my friends.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: BlisseyofDoom
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: bliss
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8
What tier do you want to learn: ADV, BW(a little), DPP(maybe)
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon for a while, and I have hit high on the DPP ladder several times (twice in the top 10), but I think that my teambuilding skils are lacking. Thanks for anyone that can help. ^o^

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: Wario is OSSIM
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Wario is OSSIM, [~Lyra~]
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, available between 5-8 PM on weekdays, varies on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU teambuilding, basic BW Ubers, DPPt
Tell us a little about yourself: I peaked at #28 on Smogon's BW OU leaderboard, and that's the only notable accomplishment I've done Pokemon-wise. I've posted 2 decent RMTs, but I'm at a loss when it comes to building teams outside of the sand. I'd like to know a bit more about building better teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)