Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Welcome to round 65 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what my application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels! All tutees from previous rounds are expected to submit evaluations of their tutors as well.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: WDFAmatt
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: -NRFM-, WDFAmatt
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: BST, I'm online every day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I live in England and I have been playing pokes for over a year. I did say that I probably wouldn't sign up
anymore in the last round, but I changed my mind and I decided to sign up for what is truly my last time (provided I get a tutor ofc).
I am unsure if I will be allowed to get in this round or not. Anyways, I have played a lot of DPP, ADV, Ubers and UU as these are all
tiers that I love and I do pretty well in all of them I guess. However, the only tier that I want to learn now is BW2 OU so I can
participate in tournaments more. I know some aspects of BW(2)OU, but I need to improve my teambuilding and battling skills so I can
actually do well in OU for once. Aside from pokes, I like to watch anime, listen to music and hang out with friends. I am also a very
chill guy and I can get along with others pretty easily.

Requesting Nachos or locopoke.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: phoopes
PO/PS Username: phoopes
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. I’m normally available most weekdays after eight o’clock on weekdays. Weekends I’m usually free after noon.
What tier do you want to learn?: Either BW2 OU or BW2 UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've battled competitively since 4th gen, for almost a year and a half now, starting out on Pokemon Lab. Never been too great at OU or UU, two of the tiers that I’ve wanted to learn for a while. However, I’ve had some success in other tiers. Reached #19 on PO’s DW OU ladder a few months ago, and #3 on PO’s DW Ubers ladder around the same time. On PS, I got up to #3 on the Balanced Hackmons ladder. Though whether you consider that a tier or not is debatable, haha. As of right now, I've been trying out UU, but I'd like to learn either that or OU. Doesn't really matter to me. Real life, I'm really into music, having played piano since I was four years old and drums for a while as well. I play water polo on my high school team as well.

I got johned by my tutor last time I signed up, in Round 60.

Username: godbaka
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -Ricky, Rik, Winallday,godbaka
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -8 GMT My schedule is flexible
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a really competitive player and i always aim to win. I guess i'm alright at this game, but I really struggle with team building because in my opinion, the OU meta game is crazy but that's my favorite tier so I wish to get a tutor that can teach me how to build good teams and how to get better in this game.

I would like to request Bloo, Stone Cold, or Nachos, because i feel like they are probably the only ones that can help me improve.

Username: lapras6666
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: lapras6666
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2, practically any hour cause it's summer (except really late night/early morning). When school starts (September 10th), my schedule will probably change to 5:30-6:30 and from 9:00 to 10:30.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, DPP OU, ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Spanish teenager who loves playing tennis, football (soccer), hanging out with friends, and playing videogames. Although i've taken a little break from Pokemon for a month, i've been playing Pokemon competitively for a year and half now. With this tutoring session, I would like to learn about the new BW2 metagame (priority) and also improve my DPP OU and my ADV OU skills for the next tour, after my very dissapointing run at last tour (3 points)

BTW, I was skipped in round 62. I coudn't join any other round after that cause of time issues.

Username:Scubasteve23
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Scubasteve23
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:CST, a lot of availability
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old aspiring chef who also played guitar, bass, drums, piano, banjo, and harmonica. I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue came out and have never stopped. I'm a decent BW2 OU battler but I want to get better so I can try and get farther in tournaments and whatnot. I was tutored by Skynet last round and he helped me with some team building strategies. I just feel like I still have a lot to learn though.

Also, dragonuser said he would tutor me

Username: Ticcyboy
Pokemon Showdown: Ticcyboy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT- All day
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 19 Years old and love playing pokemon. Ive been playing ever since Red, Yellow and blue. Ive always completed the games but now i want to learn how to play competitively and really would love to have a tutor teach me the ways.

Skipped In Round 64

Username:Rwhite84
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: -Rwhite / Rwhite84
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 2PM-11PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since I was a child but competitive for about a year, I do well in some tiers but always seem to stay above average in OU, I am always open to suggestion, and need a tutor to help my skills in OU, aside from pokemon my main interest is NFL (hence my name)

Username:Metroid78
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:-Met-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-4 most of the day
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a 13 year old boy that likes Football/Soccer,Pokemon and other Video Games I'm not very good in competitive battling so I would like to get tutored

Expert Physics has agreed to tutor me

Username:EmperorMeiji
Pokemon Showdown: EmperorMeiji, EmperorTaisho
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST Week 3:30p.m-8:00p.m Weekend 10:00a.m-5:00p.m
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m thirteen and grew up with pokemon. Both my older bros have been playing since RBY and I’ve surpassed them in pokemon. I’ve only just started playing competitively and would to get better. I’ve built a few teams on PS but would like to get better at building and using teams.

Why I have less than 25 posts: I love to read RMT and OU discussions but I never feel like I know enough to contribute when im still fairly new.

Username:-Rockstar-
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:varies
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself:Like Pokemon, Football, FIFA 12

Username : Skwayz
PO / PS! Username: Skwayz
Timezone: GMT+2, available 13:30PM-11:15PM
What tier do I want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: French student, playing for like 6 months, hanging with friends most of the time when I don't play pokemon. Not a bad player; want to improve my skills on competitive battling and on team building. I specially enjoy the mind game, that's the only reason why I play pokemon.

Why I have less than 25 posts: Mostly because I've created an account for this round.

I really want to improve my skill as a competitive battler, I'm a fast-learner and enjoy all kind of gameplay.

Skipped in round 64

Username: smootdog2
Pokemon Online Username: smoot dog
Your time zone and usual hours of availability: EST extremely flexible schedule but some definite available times would be Saturdays and Sundays after 3pm
What tier do you want to learn? BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to watch lots of anime, play varsity tennis for my school St. Charles Preparatory, and play videogames (mostly COD on the 360). The main reason why I have not posted anything on smogon is because I am new to the scene of competitive pokemon, and so, I would rather not embarrass myself just yet with nonsensical posts. Also, I would like to be tutored because I really want to get better at pokemon. I have put in many of hours watching youtube guides, reading smogon forums, and making my own sloppy teams. I feel that a one on one situation would allow me to learn the most about competitive pokemon, and it would help me create a unique team that fits my playing style. I want to make an aggressive/balance team for myself, but I do not have the knowledge to do so. I would like to request Bloo if possible. If he is not available then I would like to request b-lulz. If he is not available then i would just like any OU tutor this round please.

I was skipped last round (64).

Username: ThatsMyLatios
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username TML
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: UK Time (GMT) I am available every day after 8pm except for Thursday and Friday
What tier do you want to learn?: Gen 4 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im from Wales and I'm starting college early september. I wish to compete in smogon tours but I only have experience in Gen 5 OU. I have had a Gen 4 Tutor before but because of unfortunate circumstances we didn't manage to get many sessions in. I think a tutor would benefit me greatly in this tier and Scimjara has agreed to teach me this round

Username: xXGengarXx
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: R2Zero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 (US PST). It's summer, so usually all day. We can arrange something if needed.
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing Pokemon since the original R/B/G releases. I've been doing some competitive battling since the netbattle days although I usually took large hiatuses in between and fell behind each time a new meta came out. I was mostly a Smogon lurker since the beginning,and still sort of am even though I actually made an account almost a few years back. Most of my posts were from OU RMTs I tried during the DPPt meta.

Skipped in Round 64

Username: xJaiYT
Pokemon Online Usernames: xKofi, xJaiYT, RizzleKicks, Jai, SensesFail.
Timezone And Hours of Availability: GMT+1 Monday to Thursday I’m free after 7pm. The rest of the days I’m free all day.
What Tier Do You Want To Learn: BW2 OU

Tell us a little bit about yourself: I’m a 17 year old British-Indian. I played competitively during 4th gen but I never really got into 5th gen OU because I was solely focusing on the VGC12 metagame. I enjoy playing football and I’m currently studying Graphic Design at college.

Skipped quiet a few times:')

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
Username: Ulysses
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ulysesssss
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -6, 5-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a former dpp ou buff who hasn't played in a while and would really like to get back in the game with the advent of bw2. Also, fuck drizzle.

username insanityvoid
Age 14
PO/PS User: [CMS] RogueNinja
TimeZone Hours Online: GMT All Day 7 days A Week
Tier Want To Learn:BW2 OU
Tell Us A Little About YourSelf: Im Gary I usually hang about on FC (wifi community) and lurk on smogon I have been playing pokes for about 5 years and 2 1/2 years competitively I would say that im better than n00bs but not as good as the pros very in the middle ;] I would really like to improve because I can often only get to around 1200 on PO (yeah kinda sad) and my teambuilding skillz are kinda crappy though you could say that im overall not brilliant Im not good at one single thing im just overall okay

Also every time I have signed up I haven't been Accepted just sayin =]

Username: doublenikesocks
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: doublenikesocks
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific and 5 PM-9PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I would love to become a better battler and I have ladder peaked at 1840 but went down. I was also skipped last round.

Username: Rupe
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rupe
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: (GMT) between 12AM - 12PM( 6AM-6PM EST)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a boy from England, almost 15, like to spend time with my friends and family in my spare time, as well as playing football(soccer ? ) and logging onto Pokemon online. I need a little teambuilding help as well as advice on how to improve my game competitively.

Why I have under 25 posts:
I made this account for the soul reason of signing up to this, as I've heard a lot of good things about B101 and I'm convinced it can make me a much better battler and player.

Despite only creating my account now, I have been a long time lurker of the smogon forums, and I finally feel like contributing to this community more.

I wish to request a tutor that likes to teach, and that will be active enough to tutor me.

Thanks.

I was passed over in round 64.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username:TrollFreak
Pokemon Showdown: TrollFreak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST 6-9 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Just turned 16 yesterday, would like to learn more about DPP OU before Smog Tour. Also looking forward to VGC 13 :D

Steven Snype Agreed to Tutor Me

Steven Snype said:
TrollFreak said:
Hey Andrew, want to help a #grammar mate out by teaching me some DPP OU?
Sure do understand though that I wot have a laptop for a while so I can't really do much for this week or so. Bs delays :(

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username:GatoDelFuego
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: GatoDelFuego, Margaret Moonlight
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (GMT -6), most afternoons (CST 3-6 PM) and weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, mostly teambuilding and such.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a part of smogon for some time, and made it in to a tutor program here in round 51 (yes, round 51), but the tutor dropped out and was never able to make it again. Still, I've hovered around mid-range of players, and I'd really just like to improve and become a bit more of a respected battler. I like to hang around in the GP section of smogon and occasionally post in the metagame discussions. I get along with most people and am pretty easy to work with. I currently attend the university of alabama and study aerospace engineering.

Username: GearFlow
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: -Chronic-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: + 3 GMT
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a teenager from the UK, I'm 15 years old, I live in Saudi Arabia, but originally from the UK.
I learned a lot from SkyNet in round 62, but I still need help with teambuilding, I also got skipped round 64. I built a lot of teams
using SkyNet's method, but the teams don't seem to work as well as I think they would.

Requesting Reverb

Username: Thinker
Pokemon Showdown Username: Thinker
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 3:30 - 4:30 PM, if needed 8:00-9:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I used to play online heavily, but eventually stopped. Coming back in, the game has changed significantly, and now I would like to learn how to play. I've stalked the forums for a time now, and decided that now would be a good time to learn to play the right way. I have less than 25 posts for reasons stated in the previous sentence, FWIW.

Username: IonicMew
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ionic Mew
Available time: EST 7 PM – 2AM
Tell us a little about yourself: Well Pokemon has been a major part of my life for about as long as I can remember and I’ve always wanted to play competitively, but I just can’t get the hang of it. I’m familiar with competitive gaming through Magic: the Gathering and Starcraft, so I’m not a complete noob. My problem is I’ve never understood the Pokemon metagame! I’ve had this account for years and I’ve been playing on and off, but this time I want to take it seriously and dedicate some time to it. Also, the reason I don’t have many posts is because since I don’t know anything, I haven’t been able to post anything! I don’t want to make a fool of myself by saying something completely wrong and I want to change that by contributing more to this site. The only way I can do that is if someone taught me the ropes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)