Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: lapras6666
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: lapras6666
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt +2 9pm - 10:45 pm weekdays, pretty much all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: After a slight break from laddering, my decreasing of skills are definitely showing. I want someone who can help me with strategy and predictions.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: TrollFreak
Pokemon Online Username: TrollFreak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, From 3-7 PM most days now that school is over
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU/BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old high school senior come August. I started to play competitive from the post-Salamence era in DPP, and I would love to learn the ADV and BW OU metagames!

Thatsjustpeachy has agreed to tutor me!

Username:Rairyan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Rairyan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:gmt and whenever
What tier do you want to learn?:bw ou
Tell us a little about yourself:i am 19 years old and played pokemon since pokemon yellow, i love entering pokemon tournys such as the smog tour and i loe playing football

Why should i be tutored: the reason i only have less than 25 posts because i only use smogon for tournys to help me become better, i am quite a good battler but i think i could improve a lot more with help and to better in smog tours which then i could become more active in smogon.

Username: Powerbut
PO: Powerbut
Timezone/Availability: I have Central U.S., and I pretty much have 4-6 PM.
What tier I would like to learn: I know OU and UU, so I would like to learn RU or NU.
Personal Info: Aside from playing Pokemon, I do play other video games. This is the only strategy game I play, other than Civilization. I love to read, a lot. I hate the new pop B.S., and I know B.S., that's my initials (:)).

YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS

I have always liked pokemon since I was 3-5 years old. By 5, I actually understood the games, unlike my friends. I have looked at Smogon around 2009 when I saw battle videos on youtube. At the time, I just didn't have the time or tools to play. This year, I started playing. I have loved the new metagame and want to learn more about it. I have been looking at the tutor program since...well since it started. Now I just decided to sign up and I really, really would like to learn.

For other contacts, my Skype and Youtube accounts are also called POWERBUT.

Thank you for your consideration.

Username: YAYtears
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: YAYtears
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT 7 3-6 pm GMT
Tell us a little about yourself: Level 17 in lol and still a noob

Username: Tensai

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: t1a0_James (PO)

Your timezone: Pacific Time Zone, GMT-8

Mostly available from:
-Mon,Wed,Fri: 4pm-Midnight
-Tue,Thu: 4pm-Midnight
-Sat,Sun: 3pm-Midnight

What tier do you want to learn?: I would like to learn 5th Gen OU the most, but I also have a small interest in LC

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently in college full time. I've been playing Pokemon since I child, I had a Yellow Cartridge before I even had my own Gameboy. I don't want to necessarily win tournaments or beat everyone else, I just wanna have fun and spend time making teams that I enjoy playing with.

Reason for post count: I found out about Competitive Battling a while back and I thought it looked fun, but I didn't know how to get into it. I found this forum, but everyone was talking about Damage Calculations, Metagames, and all these things I didn't understand at the time. So I stayed behind, reading up about EVs, IVs, Natures, and the like. I didn't feel comfortable posting until I had a basic grasp on what I was talking about.

Username: deapryl
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: deapryl

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +1 (Italy) 15:00 Pm 01:00 'I'm available at almost any time

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 18, since the start of the Bw mg I wasn't able to learn it at all, however, althrough I wasn't the best battler by far, I alwais founded interesting BW, with it's let's say, infinite combination, and I would like to learn it and become a decent battler

Username: FinalLegendZero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Final Legend Zero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5) Monday and Wednesday 8:30 am - 3:30 pm, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 1:15 – 3:30 pm
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student who has been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning. I want to battle competitively, but my performance in 4th Gen was quite lackluster. The tutor I was assigned to last round never contacted me, and the one I was assigned to in round 60 couldn’t tutor me due to conflicting schedules. Before that, I was passed over in rounds 55-59 (except for round 57, where I was too late to sign up).
Why I Have Fewer Than 25 Posts: I’ve only been a member of Smogon for about one and a half years, and most of that time was spent lurking. I don’t have any experience with 5th Gen, and based off my ladder standings, I suck at 4th Gen, so I don’t feel comfortable posting often.

panicopaura

Username:panicopaura
PO Username:: panicopaura, ban breloom
Timezone:gmt +1 ( italy) , 15-19
MG: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: i love music and i like playing videogames and football. I'd like to learn better bw because i cant't play very well or build decent teams. Hellpowna already accepted to tutor me
Why you have less than 25 posts: I joined smogon a few weeks ago and never posted because i usually attend italian's battling forum.

Mosquiton

Tette
Username: Mosquiton
PokémonOnline/Shoddy Username: Mosquiton
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: I'm available at almost any time
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm an Italian player since april 2010. I started learning to play the RNG of DP with the help of BitterLemon.
I love playing wi-fi with the DS and i like shiny pokémon hunting in 3rd generation versions.
I play all the BW's playstyle, but i prefer the offense.
But wifi isn't everything, I would like to fight with the top dog of the simulator, which is by far more competitive, difficult and fun, however since dp I haven't gained a good grasp of BW, since they are so many playstyles in it.
oh jesus.. if only nintendo gave us a decent spinner..

Username: entrawarrior
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Zeni
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-3, available most of the day.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW UU.
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a person who enjoys videogames, pokemon and computers, I think this is a great opportunity to join this amazing community and learn a lot about pokemon.Also, English is not my native language.
Why you have less than 25 posts: I was a Serebii player that decided to move to smogon, because here is one of the best pokemon communities with great guides and great players known everywhere.

Username: EKproudCC
Pokemon Online: chivaFan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 hours/ Monday and Wednesday 21:00-23:00/ Friday 23:00-Saturday 03:00.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I want to introduce myself into the competitive metagame in my free time aside from college, capoeira and music. I want to get tutored because I need to understand the metagame and get basic information about battles. I have seen some battles on this metagame and found it very attractive but hard to understand by myself.
Why I Have Fewer Than 25 Posts: I learn about breeding and competitive training by looking that information in other sites, but for competitive battling i found Smogon while googling a few weeks ago. I made an account and tried to get in the forums to participate and I just found this tutoring program.

Username: xJaiYT
Pokemon Online Usernames: xKofi, xJaiYT, RizzleKicks.
Timezone And Hours of Availability: GMT+1 Monday to Thursday I’m free after 7pm. The rest of the days I’m free all day.
What Tier Do You Want To Learn: BW OU

Tell us a little bit about yourself: I’m a 17 year old British-Indian. I played competitively during 4th gen but I never really got into 5th gen OU because I was solely focusing on the VGC12 metagame. I enjoy playing football and I’m currently studying Graphic Design at college.

The main reason I don’t have 25 posts is I don’t really know much about team building and I personally think it’s better to let someone who knows what they’re talking about deal with why you shouldn’t use a choice specs Zubat in OU ect. Where as in other parts of the forum I don’t tend to comment/leave posts because I don’t tend to take interest in them.

I think if I had a little more knowledge about the tiers I’d quite happily post more in RMTs and specific sections but for now I just don’t see the point.

BKC has agreed to tutor me in this tier.

Username:Metroid78
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:metroid778
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -4 I'm free 8 PM-9 30 PM on weekdays and on weekends anytime
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU

Tell us a little about yourself:I'm 13 years old I like watching and playing soccer and playing video games on my wii,3ds even that aren't pokemon.

I should be tutored because I love pokemon and not that good at some things example-predicting

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
/\/00|)L3Z has agreed to tutor me.

Username: Karpman
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Karpman
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 3-10 PM usually, even more since summer is coming up soon,
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and some DPP/ADV OU also
Tell us a little about yourself: I became a decent player after my last session of tutoring but then school got in the way and I stopped actively playing and making teams for a while and got rusty. Ready for noodlez to take me to the top ;)

Username: FennecFox55

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: fennecfox55

Timezone and Hours of Availability: United States Central Time: I am usually free from Noon - 3:30pm Mon-Sat. and Noon - 9pm Sunday.

Tiers: I am up for learning all of the tiers in BW!

Why I need tutoring help: I have been playing Pokemon since the beginning, and I just recently found out about Pokemon Competitive Battling. I have an idea of how to do well, but the problem is I am not consistent. Any help from this program would be FABULOUS!!!

Username: Tizio Potente Ao
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Tizio potente ao_
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: from 9 pm to 11.30 pm gmt +1
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an occasional player here on Smogon and PO server, the advent of BW left me a little shocked, by so much playstyles avaiable, and that damn volturn, which I truly hate it, I don't think I'm very bad, however, I know that I can become better by obtaining a better grasp of bw insight, by seeing playstyles and ''new tactics'' that could change the metagame

Username: The Silent Storm
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TheSilentStorm
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1 17:00-23:00 mostly
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi there, I'm an old battler, I suppose, I played mostly DP and ADV, I alwais considered BW too much strange, in contrast of the other 2 metagames, but I think the time has come for me to learn it, and obtaining a great winning score in tournaments/ladder and so on, hoping that my stay in this wonderful program will help me to achieve it.

I applied in round 55 and 58 but I didn't get a tutor, hoping this time I'll find it.

Username:CrackionSkulls
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Dove97
Your Timezone and usual hours of availability: UTC +10:00 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm
What tier do I want to learn?: Standard OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a year nine high school student. I enjoy competitive battling and i like to think i have been quite successful however i would like some help to understand the Meta-Game and gain some experience and help with my battling.

Username: Santuga
Pokemon Online Username: Santuga
Timezone: GMT
Hours of availability: Monday and Wednesday from 2PM - 7PM, Tuesday from 2PM - 10PM, Thursday from 7PM - 10PM, Weekend at any time
Tier I want to learn: BW UU
A little bit about myself: UU has always been my favourite tier and I have been playing it since gen IV. I am decent at predictions and I usually get high on the ladder, more or less on the top 20 or 30. After Deoxys-D being banned, I feel like I have a chance to get back to my old playstyle and, with help from someone more experienced, maybe get a lot better and get into the top 10

I was assigned a tutor two rounds ago but he dropped me due to quitting the tutor program and I was promised a tutor in the previous round and did not get one

Username:dinosaurdan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Karlyle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:central time US & Canada, im on break so I can ajust to anything, otherwise 5-7 and most weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:B/W UU
Tell us a little about yourself:I started in Ubers in HGSS and moved down to UU in Platinum, and i want to learn BW UU

Username: Orochibob
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Secretary
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, almost anytime
What tier do you want to learn?: Standard OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a college student with a passion for Japan suff like anime, manga, karate, the way of the sword..and so on..
uhm..I've played pokèmon since adv, but I'm relatively new to competitive battling.
In fact I'm on po for an year, but with this tutoring i really want to improve myself in competitive battling.
I'm a stallish player, cuz i think it reflects my way of life: i want to have everything under control, genetic control.. Information control.. Emotion control.. Battlefield control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Pokèmon has changed.
aw my bad, I played MGS4 recently...

Reason of 25 mex: Usually I'm a lurker, I created this account for this, I think that the battling 101 is the greates occasion for me to gain better knowledge on the Smogon forum, and as such, contribute to it'.

Username: xjuliocesar
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: N/A
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -3. / 6 PM till 00:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I do like pokemon since I was a child, but back then in my country just a veeeeery few people had gameboys, and I wanst one of them. When I grown up to 12 years I learned how to emulate and stuff, at this time, one of my first games were pokemon, and I finished almost all of them.
Sadly, my first portable was a psp, so my 3ds I only got last year, time when I went crazy playing HGSS, at this point, I heard someone talking about Ev's and stuff, I googled it, and found Smogon. I started reading, and maaaaan, I got crazy with all the builds, and strategys and everything. So I started to play using the builds to see how it went, and it went very well obvisouly.
Last month, I promoted a video game contest in my city, with lots of championships, and one of them was pokemon, actually, we got only 10 people signed up, but maaaan, it was OHSOME.
In the end, I wanted to battle the winner of my championship, and you know what? I lost, hahahaha. (well, I used 4 UU against Tyranitar and 3 other OU, so I have a little excuse).
SOOOOOOOO, afther all this, I wanna say that I rlly want to be learn from you guys, so I can keep promoting that championship in my city, so that I can promote pokémon a lot more; and, obviously, I dont play that good, always make wrong switches, and choices, and everything.
I would apreciatte endslesly to learn from Smogon Tutors! Thank you!

(sorry for my bad english though, english not my native language)

Why I Have Fewer Than 25 Posts: In fact, I think thats my first post. I don't have other posts mostly because I don't have anything good to share, that will help the community. I always read the builds and everything, but didnt have tried many of them, so I don't see why I should flood around without anything useful to say.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Username: FaceFaceFace

Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:PO - FaceFaceFace

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: NZST (New Zealand standard time), sporadic, but open to tutor's times.

What tier do you want to learn?: Standard OU or Ubers (mainly play OU, though)

Tell us a little about yourself: Studying architecture (hence sporadic availability!). Been playing PO for about a month and a half now, and thoroughly enjoying the experience. I am a fast and dedicated learner in whatever I do. I am also very open to new ideas, and am not hesitant to test out new things. I have mingled with all things weather, and many pathetic attempts at semi-stall teams. More recently, I have found much joy in offense. I wish to learn more about the metagame and its perks, and there is nothing like gaining insight firsthand from a tutor. I have soft spots for a few things OU - Breloom, Cloyster, Sandstorm, and strategic bait-switching. I hope that both myself and my tutor will be able to learn and discover new things through our discussions.

Why I Have Fewer Than 25 Posts: I am new. While I do read the forums to gain knowledge and insight, I prefer to learn by battling.

Username: Sephiroth_Masamune
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Sephiroth_Masamune
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 6p.m. - 1 a.m. most days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU mainly, but any tier truly.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 24 year old father of a 2 year old boy. I've been playing Pokemon since the release in the United States. I've never truly played competitively. I would like to improve on any area I can. I've always tried to make teams in-game to use against my friends but they always fall off the grid and I never get the chance to battle much.
Under 25 posts explanation: I wish to become more involved with the Smogon community. I want to increase my knowledge of the Metagame to be able to pass along information to those less informed. Participating in discussion with a better understanding of the current metagame and attempting to establish alternate teams which could affect or change the metagame for the better.

I was passed over during round 60, and was too late getting to sign-ups for round 61.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)