Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Okay guys, you've got about 19 hours to finish up these remaining matches.

See if you can beat me before I get back from work this afternoon! :)

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just PM thetorsoboy that I'm ready, and just then he goes offline. Hope he gets back on before the time is up.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mysterio's having trouble finding time for this, I think
Ehh, his team is built completely now with lots of playtesting, so he should definitely be ready, even today most likely. I'm not sure when he's getting on though.

charmander162's a ghost. =/ He PM'd me back after his first message letting me know his hours of availability, but isn't getting back to me about setting up a specific time. I've tried to be active during the time slots he said he was available, but I haven't seen him on Smogon or Shoddy (does anyone know if he uses a different nick on Shoddy?)

I'll keep trying though :)

Since my opponent and I live in very different time zones (GMT -7 and GMT +1), it's hard for us to find a match.

Could we get a bit of extra time?

I thought Smogon was going to start using a best of two format in the tournaments to decrease the chances of a player winning simply from a lucky hit.

Was the idea scrapped or is it just not going to be used for these tournaments?

Posting to say I haven't seen pichuman yet.
I'll stay on till 1 AM, hopefully we can get the match done today...

I thought Smogon was going to start using a best of two format in the tournaments to decrease the chances of a player winning simply from a lucky hit.
Please please, let this be true ><

Lost to Helios 3-0, I have the log if needed.

Rofl at the end though.

EDIT: Oh crap, I just realized I used the wrong team >_>. Oh well, I still would probably have lost. I have no regrets.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Was the idea scrapped or is it just not going to be used for these tournaments?
I'm not aware of such a 'universal' change. At any rate, it would have to be best of three since it's quite possible each player wins one match. This tournament, however, is single elimination unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Round over! Expect the next round shortly ...

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
Official Battling 101 Tournament #4 - Round 2

Corrupted v animenagai
Olie v Drunk Bidoof
Phantasia v matty
Espreon v mailman
Lightning Storm v Basics
Giant Enemy Crab v Puggy - Extension granted.
Helios v thetorsoboy
RandomBoredGamer v berserkpenguin

Rules:
~ Evasion Clause enabled
~ Freeze Clause enabled
~ OHKO Clause enabled
~ Sleep Clause enabled
~ Species Clause enabled
~ Timed Battle enabled
~ Avoid scouting (scouting on purpose will result in a disqualification from the tournament)
~ No illegal movesets (such as Pursuit & Selfdestruct Snorlax)
~ Any Pokemon defined as "Uber" by Smogon is banned from the tournament (yes, this means Garchomp!)
~ Please PM logs to me after completing your battles to clear up any conflicts should they arise

If you have any queries, please forward them to myself or Aeolus via PM.

The deadline for this round is September 26, 7:00PM (GMT +8).

Note: LightWolf and thetorsoboy have until September 22nd to get their match done, being the only pair to ask for more time. If not, I will decide via a coin flip. We're running a pretty tight schedule here, and I don't want to leave Helios unnecessarily short of time.

Corrupted v animenagai
Olie v Drunk Bidoof
Phantasia v matty
Espreon v mailman
Lightning Storm
v Basics
Giant Enemy Crab v Puggy
Helios v (LightWolf v thetorsoboy)

Awesome, thanks so much for giving us a bit of extra time. We'll try to finish as soon as possible, and then I'll be sure to get my next match done on time.

Corrupted v animenagai
Olie v Drunk Bidoof -GL
Phantasia v matty
Espreon v mailman
Lightning Storm
v Basics
Giant Enemy Crab v Puggy
Helios v thetorsoboy

Good Luck to All!

Corrupted v animenagai
Olie v Drunk Bidoof
Phantasia v matty
Espreon v mailman
Lightning Storm v Basics
Giant Enemy Crab v Puggy
Helios v thetorsoboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)