Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Papushka
PS! Username: Papushka
Your timezone: CET (GMT +1)
Usual Hours of Availability: monday to friday 9 PM - 12 AM , weekends 4 PM - 6 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I know simple things about battling because I played some of the main games. In the last months I started to watch videos by competitive pokemon gamers learning something about strategy. I've been playing random battles on PS! for 4or5 months. I started to play in OU some weeks ago using sample teams I found on the forum.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both of them
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes

assigned to Jordy

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: TioDragonite
PO/PS! Username: TioDragonite
Your timezone: (BRT), UTC -3
Usual Hours of Availability: *Week Days - 5PM to 7PM *Weekends - 5PM to 7PM and 8PM to 10PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):First, sorry for my english, I'm brazilian, I'm playing competitive for serious since the begin of SM, and I always try to get good results on my matches/tournaments. Before I started playing, I watched a lot of battles and info videos about competitive, so when I started to play, I knew the minimum of what I was doing. And now I want to be better in this, I have good results in OU, but I have the feeling that I can be better, so this is the reason I want a tutor.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, but I only have access to Discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:
Yes

assigned to RyLon

assigned to TPP

Username: JLK 17
PO/PS! Username: JLK17
Your timezone: GMT-3
Usual Hours of Availability: all nigths between 7 and 9 pm, and and on weekends the days almost all
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play OU since 2017, I have always liked building teams and playing some tournaments in brazilian forums, I have never been able to excel in this tier, but I always try to train to get good results.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
Yes

Username: kpemz
PO/PS! Username: kpemz
Your timezone: EST US
Usual Hours of Availability: All daytime except monday, till 3 PM and all day wednesday and thursday. Late nights after 12 EST and monday nights.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Very little experience in competitive. I've joined one draft league and won a few of my matches and a few random tournaments on the ladder. I'm hoping I can get someone to coach me on properly building teams in whatever meta and how to pilot them.
Yes

Username: silver99
PO/PS! Username: Silver
Your timezone: GMT+1
Usual Hours of Availability: Preferably evening on most days, other times possible aswell. I don't have a fixed schedule I can refer to atm.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've dipped competitively into XY/ORAS and SM during my time being active on Showdown, however mostly in a comparatively casual way. Since recently I've been motivated to play and improve myself in a more serious manner. I'm looking to deepen my understandings of the metagame and if possible teambuilding too, which I suck at.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.

assigned to Charmflash

PO / PS! User Name: Alolapersian12

Your time zone: GMT-3

Usual hours of availability: all afternoon and some days per night

Tell us a little bit about your competitive Pokemon experience (min 3 sentences): well, I'm youtuber and I really like pokemon. I play the competition on the site "pokeevo" and believe it is growing in the community. I'm signing up to learn more about how to play the metagame of OU, I want to become a better player to represent my country, Brazil. I like to learn more and make new friends. I hope someone accepts me. I have some experience of participating in several tournaments, but I want to win more.

Can you use discord or skype ?yes

Do you understand how the blacklist works?

assigned to LL

Username: Mel1ss@
PS! Username: Cley9 / Mel1ss@
Usual Hours of Availability:
Monday through Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. and during the nights a few times. Saturday is also available in the afternoon.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I like pokemon since my childhood. I started playing the competitive one since 2016. Before that I learned with youtubers (Aim, Jamvad, Blunder and other Brazilian tops). Since then I started competing in the Brazilian forum called Evo. I have conquered a satisfactory space and competed the height of the tournaments here, with important victories. But I have a disability to set up teams. Actually I have a method to assemble only that is not very practical and I'm very tired of this work. I would like to evolve at this point to improve my competitive level.

assigned to Lyd

assigned to lyd

Username: got cookies
PS name: got cookies
Time zone: EST
Availability: whenever usually nights
I play monotype a lot and would like to learn the OU tier. I do decently in OU games but would like to take it to the next level. Also, would love to become a better player overall and learning ou will help.
Discord
Yes

Username: leo568
PS! Username: leo568
Usual Hours of Availability: I have free hours all afternoon, and weekends all day.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I watched the anime in childhood, playing Overused tier since 2017 and has always been my favorite. In 2018 I joined Brazilian forums to participate in competitive championships, but I have great difficulty in building a team. I would like to improve my competitive level to excel in championships.

Username: basaninho
PO/PS! Username: basaninho
Your timezone: GMT +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesday Wednesday Friday all day and late the other day of the week
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): main UU, got tutee by Drud in PU, I know a little bit the OU tier but I want to get much better in. Got only one big win in smogon in OST by beating Sabella in 3 but I lost round 2 lol
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
yes

assigned to Vulpix03

Username: RReis
PO/PS! Username: CDW Reis
Your timezone: GMT-3

I usually stay online all day, but it's nighttime from 9:00 pm that I'm more active to play.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): play Competitive Pokémon game since the end of XY, beginning of ORAS, but I always played the games of the franchise. I never ventured too much here in Smogon, I usually play more in Brazilian forums, such as Pokèvevo and PokéFrontier. At the moment, I am trying to expand my gameplay, so I decided to try to participate more in this forum.
Yes

assigned to double switches

Username: Journalist
PO/PS! Username: Journalist
Your timezone: GMT-4
Usual Hours of Availability: All day on weekends/some Friday afternoons.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitive Pokémon in 2015 but I took a long break after a year or so and started up again about 2 months ago. I have reached high 1700s on the ladder but I’ve never participated in any official tournaments, something that I would love to do. :)
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both.

Username: JayTheAye
PS username: JaytheAye
Your timezone: Eastern
Hours of availbility: Everyday at 6 PM Eastern, unless change of plans.
My experience: I started pokemon showdown around a year ago. I started with UU but don't know much about the OU metagame. I'm just starting to play competitive and need some help.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype? Discord.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? Yes.

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~
assigned to Jordy

Username: Algeria
PS! Username: Algeria4Ever
Your timezone: Gmt +1
Usual Hours of Availability: Anytime except during morning.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing in competitively in 2015 and joined Smogon later to be better. I played mostly oldgens like but I want to learn SMOU which looks really fun for a tier with Mawile lol.
I'm not that bad but I really want to progress in this tier.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only discord
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Shieldpoke
PO/PS! Username: Shieldpoke
Your timezone: GMT - 8
Most of the weekend. Late ish at night (until 11 usually) during the weekdays.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
I started playing 7 months ago and played SM OU ladder until 3 months ago where I quit cause it got boring. I peaked rank 50 ish when I quit but I think I've gotten better since then. A tutor would really help because I'm not sure how to improve from here nor how good I am at SM OU.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:
yes but prefer discord
yes

Akai

Indeed akai is either a mom or 50
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
assigned to Lopunny Kicks

Username: Akai Tenshi
PS username: Akai Tenshi
Usual Hours of Availability: During the week end from 4pm To 8pm (gmt+1)
competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played tournaments to improve my level in OU but I can't go as far I wanted because I have issues such as teambuilding, I can recognize my win condition but my game plan is very basic and when I got haxx I have problems to adapt at the current situation.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: I have discord, you can contact me here.
Do you understand how the blacklist works? yes

vani

This is the way.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
assigned to Jordy

Username: vanisherrr
PO/PS! Username: vanisherrr/vanishedinthedark
Your timezone: GMT+2
Usual Hours of Availability: Ususally free after 6 pm during the week and most of the weekend available
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started to play at the beginning of the year. Tried a lot of tiers at the beginning which wasnt benifical for learning the game. After a month or two I stuck with SM OU and played more than 150 games on ladder. I think I'm at a point where I would greatly benefit from a tutor. I hope to deepen my unterstanding of the metagame, getting help ceasing my mistakes I tend to do especially in the mid- and lategame and improve my teambuilding.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord

assigned to Jordy

Username: Primal Bidoof
PO/PS! Username: irrelevant returns
Your timezone: Eastern Time UTC-5:00
Usual Hours of Availability: mon/tue 4pm-10 rest of weekdays 4pm-midnight weekends 11am-midnight
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played showdown 2016-17 for a while was an average player and was in the community. I then left around september last year now i forgot nearly everything and im getting back into it and interested in being more serious this time. Jordy said he agree to tutor me whenever its open.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?:yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?:yes

Username: arenten
PS! Username: u
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 4 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've used Showdown off and on since 2015, starting in B2W2. Peak activity would either be currently or in mid-late ORAS. I watch a lot of YTers like Joey and Blunder so I understand the game indepth, but I'm still hard stuck around 1400-1500 ELO and would like to get past that.

assigned to Aishia

Username: Dima
Ps Username: DimaUWU
Your timezone: EST
Competitive Pokémon Experience:Been playing for a few months now and I’m pretty solid but wanna be on a tour level building and battling wise. I would like my tutor to have some experience with building and battling in tournaments if possible. Those are the 2 aspects I’d like to improve on most.
Are you able to do discord or Skype: Discord
Do you understand the blacklist: I do

Username: Counting Sheep
PO/PS! Username: Count Sheep
Your timezone: GMT+1 (BST)
Usual Hours of Availability: No job yet so 10:00-24:00 every day, but may change later
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Been playing for 3-4 years now and have been very slowly getting better over that time until the last year or so where I've kind of just stopped. I'm thinking I've probably hit my skill ceiling which seems to be low down but wanting to try one last effort to see if I can take things higher. My favourite part of mons is teambuilding, and despite spending most of my time doing that I'm still not great. While I understand making the safe plays and have been working on that myself, I struggle with making reads and the prediction game in general. Tried oussnl this year, prepped lots and still got trashed first round and gave up pretty quick.

Edit: Grammer
Edit2: Timezone GMT -> BST

assigned to Diophantine

Username: TheCheeseLord
PO/PS! Username: TheCheeseLord
Your timezone: CST (GMT-6)
Usual Hours of Availability: 7pm-12am Mon-Fri, Weekends are 50/50, can message tutor with availibility each week
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have inconsistently played on showdown since April of 2012. I had been aware of the existence of competitive pokemon since DP came out but didn't know that there was a community as big as Smogon built around it. My favorite metagame has always been OU, however in my years playing it I have never been able to climb past the low 1500s. Aside from one BO/Semi-stall team I built in early BW2, my teambuilding skills are something I've never been very proficient at, and could definitely use improvement on. (I have a few replays from BW2 if you'd like to see.)

assigned to rylon

assigned to Mannat

Username: MewtwoHidden
PO/PS! Username: MewtwoHidden
Your timezone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: its hard for me to give set times because of my work schedules but I am very active. I'd say my best times are normally gonna be late at night like 12 am or later (tho i might not be able to use my mic that late), early on weekdays, or sunday in general.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I played quite a bit in XY but even then my teambuilding wasn't very good. With significant support I had a decent w/l in official tours but teambuilding has always held me back. I went on a hiatus around 2016 until a few months ago. Right now I ladder p casually but I'd like to eventually get good enough to hold my own in tours again except without the handholding. I think the focus for me in SM would be developing better gameplans and getting better at teambuilding and innovating in a smart way.
Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes
Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes

Username: Guilhew4k
PS Name: Guilhew4k
Timezone: gmt-5
Hours of availability: usually every day after 4pm
Experience in competitive pokemon: well, I think I have much experience en competitive Pokémon, I played powc in de LA team, a looooooot of teamtours, and I started playing 2 yers ago. I really think I have a level of play above average, and I have play a lot of tours on other forums like pokespain and new origin
Are you able to use Skype or discord: only discord
You understand how the blacklist works: yup

ithrowrocksatkids

Banned deucer.
Username:Ithrowrocksatkids
PO/PS Username: Ithrowrocksatkids
Time Zone: EST
Usual Hours availability: weekends and some weeknights for next 2 weeks then summer am free every day.
Tell us about your competitive experience: I’ve been playing for a year feel like I’m a good builder and decent battler. I wanna take it to the next level and play with someone who has some tournament experience battling and building wise. And help mentality in game cause I feel like that’s where I struggle the most.
Discord or Skype: Discord
Do you understand blacklist: Yes I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)