(Archive) Pokemon Database Errors Thread

No, it's right. But thanks to the nature boost, if the IV was 1 point lower, then the Machamp would have lost 2 Attack. TBH, I'm not sure exactly where I was going with that poorly-worded phrase when I said it so... never mind. The point is, there's no issue here. Just make sure you have your digits straight next time. XD

Nidoking Page error

Hi I often visit smogon and appreciate your builds guides and information. I registered to tell you that there's an error on Nidokings move list. In HG/SS he can now learn head smash as an egg move. Just thought you might like to know.

-Thanks ^^

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The current move pages do not reflect tutors (whether Platinum or HGSS), event moves, Colosseum, XD: Gale of Darkness, or HGSS movepool / egg move additions.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I tested on pearl and got a 5 turn taunt, the ingame desc is likely incorrect which explains why other sources disagree (if you are slower than your foe, then 2-4 would make sense).

Also, this would be editable via SCMS so should go in the small changes thread (or test it/get it tested first).

All of the links in the wallbreaking article have incorrect URLs. Also IMO Acid Armor should be removed as a "commonly seen stat boosting move" as it really isn't and it has nothing to do with wallbreaking. Also there are mentions of Latias in OU and Honchkrow (lol) and Umbreon in UU.

Errors with the HG/SS Move Tutors...?

First, I haven't posted in C&C before, so I might be doing it wrong. If so, a polite correction or move of this thread would be cool, rather than flames/"lurk more" etc...

I have noticed inconsistencies with some of the moves that can be taught by tutors outside of Battle Frontier. I checked four sites (Smogon, Bulbapedia, Serebii, and Veekun) for this info and it was usually split, 50/50. I was looking stuff up for Role Play, specifically on Abomasnow and Bastiodon. Smogon's change notes for movesets in HG/SS (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61025&highlight=official+competitive+discussion) list Bastiodon as learning and Abomasnow as not learning it. That post was close to the release of the Japanese game. In my game, I have personally seen that Abomasnow can learn Role Play via the move tutor and Bastiodon can't. Was the info posted from the Japanese games? Did it change?

I would like someone to verify in-game on a Japanese cart, if possible. As I said, I have tested both pokemon myself. Please don't look on a site and tell me that either of the pokes can/can't learn these moves...

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There are indeed errors in the database concerning which Pokémon can learn which moves. Does anybody know how this could be remedied? I can't seem to make the changes in SCMS.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You need access to the Pokedex table, which as far as I know only chaos, DougJustDoug, Colin, and possibly Blue Kirby have. There is a significant number of known errors, but these people are very busy and it may be fairly time consuming. Thanks for brining this error to our attention, hopefully we will have the dex fully corrected before too long. The Errors In the Pokemon Database sticky in this forum is the correct place for this sort of thing to be reported, and this thread will be merged with it once you have a chance to see this reply.

Not quite sure if this is the right place to put this but,
The smeargle anti-lead runs 252 atk ev's and doesn't have any physical attacks, so that doesn't really make sense.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You need access to the Pokedex table, which as far as I know only chaos, DougJustDoug, Colin, and possibly Blue Kirby have. There is a significant number of known errors, but these people are very busy and it may be fairly time consuming. Thanks for brining this error to our attention, hopefully we will have the dex fully corrected before too long. The Errors In the Pokemon Database sticky in this forum is the correct place for this sort of thing to be reported, and this thread will be merged with it once you have a chance to see this reply.
Roger that. Thanks. Just to be clear, the reason this Abomasnow/Bastiodon thing happened is that someone reversed Role Play and Magic Coat for the HGSS move tutors, so every Pokémon that should have Role Play instead has Magic Coat and vice versa.

eric the espeon

ShavranP/fritzy/smileydude: Thanks for pointing those out, it seems that smogon is missing a very large number of tutor moves from pt/hgss. I'll be working up a list and including it in the list of moves to add for chaos.

taintedshampoo: Selfdestruct is a XD move tutor move for Snorlax, so perfectly legal with Curse. This is also not part of the Pokemon database, it is an analysis.

I feel like this is a bit trivial, but nonetheless I shall report.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/icy_wind
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/dusknoir/moves

In Dusknoir's list of moves, it doesn't state it can learn Icy Wind, which (according to Bulbapedia) it learns through tutoring.

Proof: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Icy_Wind
I just wanted to reiterate this, that Icy Wind, along with many other tutor moves in both Platinum and HGSS are missing (although they seem to have the pokemon that learn it by level-up). Dive, for example, is an HGSS/Platinum Move Tutor move, Available to all water types (and mew, lugia, lati@s, and arceus), yet http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/dive only has a limited few.

eric the espeon

I'm working on comparing databases to improve Smogon's DB, chaos gave me dumps of learnsets for each gen. RBY is done and live, and I'll try and worth through the others as soon as exams give me a chance.

Jirachi

It has recently come to my attention that there has been an event in Europe (or at least where I live) conducted by Gamestop that gives you a level 5 Jirachi with Wish/Confusion/Rest/Draco Meteor.

The latter should not be overlooked and therefore added to the database.
I'm sure that people will love Jirachi's new toy.

As I detailed over here it appears that kabuto may be able to learn swords dance by TM in gen4. Although irrelevant to standard play (as kabutops gets swords dance anyways), this is a pretty big deal for little cup. Furthermore there may be other cases similar to this in which a pokemon learns a TM in HG/SS and not in Platinum or where a pre-evo is listed as not learning a TM that it gets.

eric the espeon

I've spoken to some people who should be able to rip HGSS TM learnsets, so hopefully we'll have a full list of the changes at some point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)