Are you smarter than a (American) politician?

Took it a few days ago, got a 28/33. I remember I got 7, 8, 12, 15, and 33 wrong. Decent score, I guess.

Also, what does 'self-identified' politician mean?

You answered 25 out of 33 correctly — 75.76 %
Average score for this quiz during November: 78.1%
Average score: 78.1%

Not bad, but as a history major I would have liked to score a little higher. Fuck economics though, that screwed me.

I FUCKING BEAT YOU. You always made fun of me for not being able to spell in high school, but I win this battle!

AJers

Your typical e-wench
You answered 24 out of 33 correctly — 72.73 %

I guess it's a clue to offer to help my high school sister with her US History homework next year. :\

You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %

Taking govt. and history after 1866 this semester helps..

Answers to Your Missed Questions:
Question #7 - D. Gettysburg Address
Question #15 - E. Thomas Jefferson’s letters

The only reason I got a score better than yours is because I read about the rights half the questions talk about being removed everyday.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Score: 98% (1 wrong)

Missed 33, don't know if its because I got tired of reading at 2 AM or just don't know it.

Can't say I'm surprised, government/history stuff has just come naturally to me, I've gotten 97% or higher in all my high school history classes, and in my first day of government the teacher had us take a citizenship test and I was the only one who would've become a citizen. I really don't get it because I never read the textbooks and I never paid attention during class because I always knew what the teacher was talking about before they even said it. Other people always wondered why I knew everything about history and government and I would always reply "I have no idea." This stuff is just second nature to me for some reason.

Some of the questions definitely have a disingenuous spin, although it's not that hard to find the 'expected' answer for most of them. It's pretty clear from looking at the books section of the ISI site that they're a bunch of wingnuts, so the bias here is rather subtle in comparison. Anyway, I wouldn't take this quiz very seriously to begin with beyond being an internet conversation piece.

82%

By the way, 164 of the two-thousand-some-odd people who took the test claimed to have, at some point in their life, held elected political office. That means any sap who claimed to have done anything political now can lower the scores.

96.97%

I am ashamed that I did not get a 100. Also, what SSBMRoy said is true; it's pretty easy to get the answer from the aim of the question, except in cases where the question simply asks for fact recall. Although of course, no online quiz should ever be taken seriously unless it has real consequences for your life.

Also, a ton of these aren't even specific to the US, so internationals feel free to take it for interest.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
30/33

The Daily KOS sees a conservative bent in :everything:. I really don't think there is a hugely negative thing about picking out the questions that they did lol.

Left wing nuts!

You answered 19 out of 33 correctly — 57.58 %

I feel like less of an American.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, some of what they picked out in that article was kind of ridiculous, especially when they overlooked this question:
27) Free markets typically secure more economic prosperity than government’s centralized planning because:
A. the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means and ends
B. markets rely upon coercion, whereas government relies upon voluntary compliance with the law
C. more tax revenue can be generated from free enterprise
D. property rights and contracts are best enforced by the market system
E. government planners are too cautious in spending taxpayers’ money

I did manage to get this one right, but only because I was being slightly disingenuous..

Have a nice day.

You answered 20 out of 33 correctly — 60.61 %
Age -
Country - US

I'm actually surprised considering the only history class I've ever taken was world history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)