Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

On LCF, Eric proved that it was possible to get a full Attack and Special Defense (both requiring 252 EVs to max) spread on a Shuppet, which requires the least amount of EXP to level up, and thus any spread is possible. Granted, it may be difficult (needing to fight extremely low level stuff, using lots of EXP Share, catching Pokerus, using power items, etc), but it is absolutely possible to get 510 EVs on absolutely any Pokemon in LC. The Box Trick simply recalculates stats.
2 questions...
What is LCF?
Is any arbitrary 252/252 spread possible in ADV generation too? (I'm guessing no, since there are only a few low-level pokemon around to EV train on.)

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LCF is the Little Cup Forum that we used before Smogon officially recognized Little Cup as a metagame.

As for your second question, I don't think that anyone has looked into it at all. The lack of Power items in ADV really hurts, though, so it might not be possible for some Pokemon. For most, however, it should be possible.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a number of questions.
1) Is Eevee with Adaptability legal on here?
2) If so, is Strength allowed on it?
Yes, they are both allowed. However, Return as a move outclasses Strength, as they have the same accuracy, but Return has a higher Base Power.

Eevee, even with STAB and Adaptability, has trouble getting the OHKOs and 2HKOs that it really needs to be effective, so it isn't quite as fantastic as it seems on paper.

What good methods of checking Misdreavus can I employ on my team besides Stunky (hard counter) and Mankey (check)? Is they best way to beat it to concentrate on blocking its setup?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Personally I find Houndour probably the best Misdreavus check there is. Scarf Dour can outspeed it and OHKO with Dark Pulse, while MixDour can easily OHKO with Sucker Punch on the Hidden Power Fighting. Not to mention that Dour can come in on Shadow Balls which can be lured by Gligar and other Ghost-types rather easily. I find that the Sub WoW set is the hardest to counter as really Stunky needs to predict when to sucker punch or you're out a pokemon. Misdreavus is really hard to have a specific "counter" so I say Scarf Houndour just as a general check.

Thanks. This next question was posed to me by the user Anachronism, and I had no response for him, so I decided to post it here.

Is there any analogue for Azelf in Little Cup? By 'Azelf', I mean 'very fast, offensively oriented Stealth Rock user'.

Hey, I'm new to LC, so this might be a stupid question.

I was battling in LC, and my Staryu used Recover. My opponent said Recover was banned. Is this true, and if so, is there a list of all banned moves besides SonicBoom and Dragon Rage?

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
mtr12 said:
Thanks. This next question was posed to me by the user Anachronism, and I had no response for him, so I decided to post it here.

Is there any analogue for Azelf in Little Cup? By 'Azelf', I mean 'very fast, offensively oriented Stealth Rock user'.
Well, the most Azelf-ian lead in LC is probably Diglett, who hits 20 speed, outspeeding basically everything, can set up SR, hits hard, and is pretty good late-game.
Wombat Sky Forme said:
I was battling in LC, and my Staryu used Recover. My opponent said Recover was banned. Is this true, and if so, is there a list of all banned moves besides SonicBoom and Dragon Rage?
Well, because Staryu is genderless, it can only breed with Ditto, so it cannot legally have any level-up moves that it gets after level 5, since no two parents can legally learn it. So, to answer your question, Recover is not banned, it is just banned on Staryu, since Staryu cannot get Recover at level 5.

There is also a list of moves and move combinations which are banned on certain pokemon here: http://s1.zetaboards.com/The_Little_Cup_Forum/single/?p=50147&t=728496

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Offensive Gligar is the fastest unboosted Stealth Rock user, but I can't honestly think of it as being that similar to Azelf - it's far too bulky.

Personally I would say that Anorith was the closest counterpart to Azelf/Aerodactyl in Little Cup, but others may have a different opinion on this matter.

If you want "SR/Explosion", Onix is what you want, it's pretty fast with 17 Spe. If you want like an offensive Stealth Rock user, I'd use Kabuto or Diglett.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anorith is also acceptable- 95 Attack and 75 Speed with great offensive dual STAB is pretty top-notch, and it can Rapid Spin if you want.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There are a couple of trade threads in wi fi with some LC Pokemon available, and I have seen some battles on youtube, but don't know of anyone with a team ready to play.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LC Pokemon are a huge, huge pain in the ass to breed sometimes, and even worse to EV for, so it's rare to see LC played or bred/traded for. However, it's extremely simple to make teams for and play LC on Shoddy, so that's where it happens for the most part.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How can Wynaut get Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, or Destiny Bond at level 5? I thought you had to level it up to 15 to get the moves.

How can Wynaut get Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, or Destiny Bond at level 5? I thought you had to level it up to 15 to get the moves.
If you breed with a male Wobbuffet which has those moves, then the baby will have them too I'm pretty sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)