Ask a simple question, get a simple answer — Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see credits listred on trading threads. How does one earn credits on this site and how can you view the number of credits you have and send credits?
The Wi-Fi simple questions thread might be more suitable.

Credits aren't an official part of the forum; trade thread owners choose to use them. Basically, they're 'IOU' notes; if they want one of your Pokémon and you trade them it, but they don't have anything you want or you can't decide, they'll sometimes offer you a credit. Some people also give credits to someone who helps them out (e.g. cloning or EV training). As such, there's no way you can view how many you have; you just need to keep track of them yourself.
Credits generally aren't transferable; they can only be used at the thread you got them, and most people won't let you give them to someone else.

How does Pursuit work with Technician when they try to flee?
i.e.
Technician + They stay in = 60 Base Power
Technician + They flee = ?? Base Power

How can I get a server added to Shoddy Battles list? Because I posted to Colin a week ago and that hasn't worked yet.

Here's the info, not sure if this is what I needed
Colin if you have time please add this server:
Server Name: Monakus Karion
Host: 12.161.202.109
Port: 21197
Capacity: 100

Can anyone explain this odd glitch?

Basically, my opponent left, and the game somehow thinks my Gliscor is scarfed (when it's obviously not...it used Roost and EQ previously). My next Pokemon was a Blissey with Leftovers.

I know it didn't affect the outcome of the game at all, but does anyone have an explanation if for no other reason than just to satisfy my curiosity?
As far as I can tell, when someone quits in Shoddy 1, the server swaps some details of the sent-out Pokémon on the two teams (I have no idea why). So you get shown with the opponent's health bar, which is probably the most obvious effect. Presumably you were fighting a Scarfer, and the same swap effect made the game think you had a Scarf.

Because this only happens after one player has quit anyway, it's unlikely to be a problem.

1059860 - Just pm Colin/Bearzly with host/port/capacity/name and it'll be up a little bit after they get it...

problem while battling

shoddy battle runs completely fine for me except when i get to the actual battle. i have no moves to choose or pokemon to switch. what can i do to fix this problem?

johnchokit - If you run Mac OS X, (which is common) and you have no moves, just switch java, or read the article in the Troubleshooting topic.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i have already tried switching java and it still did not work so i really am lost on what to do.
I have OS X, 10.6.2 to be exact. I know exactly what you're talking about, not being able to see your moves, etc.

This article solved all my problems.

When trying to pick a pokemon's moves, It won't let me select 4 moves. When going into the text option, It shows moves selected more than once! I've downloaded it from cnet and shoddy website, both with the same error. I'm running Windows 7 on a Dell Vostro 1000 Laptop.

Will we ever have a double battling feature following the rules of the VGC?
I was wondering if this will ever be implemented to the SB2 system.

Every once in a while I have this annoying issue with shoddy that either either lasts a few hours, or, on occasions, a month or more. What happens is after I connect to the server and am greeted by the welcome/login page, I can not login. It doesn't give me a message, it doesn't even process my attempts to login. Does this mean I've somehow been banned? If so i have no idea why.

Shoddy does list all the servers, but as [0/500]. When I try to connect I'll get this message:

An error occurred while attempting to connect to the server:

Connection refused: connect

Help me please

Every once in a while I have this annoying issue with shoddy that either either lasts a few hours, or, on occasions, a month or more. What happens is after I connect to the server and am greeted by the welcome/login page, I can not login. It doesn't give me a message, it doesn't even process my attempts to login. Does this mean I've somehow been banned? If so i have no idea why.
I have this problem sometimes as well, I've found that when I minimize Shoddy then reopen it... it 'refreshes' and ends up where its supposed to be (you might have to do it more than once)

Posting this here. since the Troubles topic is relatively dead as far as help goes.

What port do I need to open to access servers.

Advanced:

Host: ?
Port: ?

When someone challenges me to a random battle on the smogon server, it I click accept, but nothing happens. Is this a bug?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
When someone challenges me to a random battle on the smogon server, it I click accept, but nothing happens. Is this a bug?
You have to give Shoddy Battle a good deal of time to load up the random battle. This happens to me too.

You have to give Shoddy Battle a good deal of time to load up the random battle. This happens to me too.
Rather, there is the fact it takes a while to load, and sometimes (on certian servers) it just doesn't load. Usually I try challenging the other way around (if they challenge you, you challenge theme)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)