Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I meant in-game, I meant on Diamond/Pearl as a whole rather than Shoddy.

What's "SR"ing, I've just been too lazy to ask anyone.

Is the IV situation why hardly anyone uses wifi anymore?

When I meant in-game, I meant on Diamond/Pearl as a whole rather than Shoddy.

What's "SR"ing, I've just been too lazy to ask anyone.

Is the IV situation why hardly anyone uses wifi anymore?
SR = Soft Reset

and there are plenty of battle-ready pokemon on actual games...

SR = Soft Reset
To expand on this, a soft reset is done on a GBA by pressing A+B+Start+Select, and on the DS with L+R+Start+Select. It's preferable to "hard resetting" (turning the power off then on again) because it is faster and does not wear out the battery as much. This process is done to get good legendaries or sometimes eggs with the desired nature and IVs.

Also, I reccomend you check out My Legendary Guide for tips on getting good legendaries.

I think he's referring to the fact that people on our Wifi forum have already caught, bred, and in some cases, trained Pokémon of great quality. Our Wifi subforum is a great place to look for Pokémon if you don't have time to breed for yourself, or are having a hard time getting started with Pokémon with good IVs. Not to mention there are many "Givaway" Pokémon you can get for free!

can someone explain to me how to infect a member of my team with pokerus? thanks in advance, I feel kind of silly not useing pokerus before....=/

can someone explain to me how to infect a member of my team with pokerus? thanks in advance, I feel kind of silly not useing pokerus before....=/
If you have Pokérus already, then walking around and getting into a couple battles will spread the Pokérus around your party, assuming it is active (it says PKRS on the infected Pokémon's screen, rather than :|). If you do not have it already, it is rather elusive, so I recommend getting someone here to give it to you.

You can reset for a good Mew with My Pokémon Ranch, but not soft reset exactly. See, the Mew's IVs and nature are set after you trade Hayley an egg for it. This is how the Mew will always be when you transfer it. However, if you delete your actual Ranch save, and load 999 Pokémon to trade for a new Mew, you can get different IVs and nature. This is however, a very painful process, and not something I advise you getting too hopeful about.

Can abilities like effect spore and static activate through a sub? (Pokemon with static sets up a sub and another Pokemon attacks it. The Pokemon that attacked it gets paralyzed.)

Does the egg you give to hayley effect the mew? Is there any way to effect mew? Thank you
To the best of my knowledge, the egg that you give Hayley does not affect the Mew in any way, and there is no way to influence the Mew's IVs and nature. Of course, I could be mistaken, as we do not have any information on how My Pokémon Ranch's RNG works. Nor will we likely have any indication in the near future however, due to the inconvenience it is to reset for good Pokémon with it (if anything, the Wondercard and GCN game RNG should be figured out first).

Sorry for the somewhat unorthodox answer, but with current knowledge, it is reasonable to say you cannot influence the Mew's IVs and nature in any way.

I think he's referring to the fact that people on our Wifi forum have already caught, bred, and in some cases, trained Pokémon of great quality. Our Wifi subforum is a great place to look for Pokémon if you don't have time to breed for yourself, or are having a hard time getting started with Pokémon with good IVs. Not to mention there are many "Givaway" Pokémon you can get for free!
Yes, but they'd want well trained/IVed pokemon in return, which I don't have since I'm not good with IVs.

The "Giveaway" forum is probably a good place for you to start then. For a little bit of thought, you can often walk away with a really good Pokémon that is good for breeding or battling alike. That said, if after a week or so that doesn't work out, PM me and I can set you up with some Pokémon I bred, but that's a little outside the scope of the thread IMO so I'll leave it there.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Yes, but they'd want well trained/IVed pokemon in return, which I don't have since I'm not good with IVs.
Do breeding projects for other people. Some will lend you parents if you give them a great redistributable product. Give them full distribution rights and revoke your own, and you can sometimes trade for what you want for a very successful project.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Do you have to deposit 999 pokemon from the same game? What exactly do you do.
Deposit 999 Pokemon total from any of your games, over the course of a (minimum) 5? 6? days as counted by the Wii's calender. This can be accelerated, of course, by bumping up a day at a time.

Deposit 999 Pokemon total from any of your games, over the course of a (minimum) 5? 6? days as counted by the Wii's calender. This can be accelerated, of course, by bumping up a day at a time.
But can deposit for example 459 from diamond and 540 from pearl because the game can't hold more than 540 pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)