Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Arena Trap announced when the pokemon with it enters like with Pressure?

In other words, does the game give a message, "This Pokemon is Arena Trapping you!"?

Okay, I have a question that I'm sure a lot of people want answered once and for all:

Can you Soft Reset and still maintain your inputted AR Codes?

What I mean by this is that if you're using something like the IV Check code, and you soft-reset, the Action Replay doesn't re-enter the code, so you can't use the SR method of breeding with the IV Check code.

However, I have heard people say there's a feature with the Action Replay in which you can save codes into the gave via a certain button, which will make them automatically load every time the AR is inserted. If so, will this solve the problem?

I know you could just hard-reset everything, but the contant on and off power can harm your DS's power circuit. Thanks. :)

Is Arena Trap announced when the pokemon with it enters like with Pressure?

In other words, does the game give a message, "This Pokemon is Arena Trapping you!"?
I'm pretty sure that no, it doesn't. It only tells you when you try to run/switch that you cannot switch the pokemon due to so-and-so's arena trap/magnet pull/shadow tag/whatever.

Anyone know an EV spread that maximizes this bronzong's defensive abilities and HP?

Bronzong
Sassy-Levitate
30/29/31/28/31/11
hypnosis/dream eater/block/gyro ball

This Bronzong is designed to trap non-threatening opponents in battle. Block keeps them around while hypnosis and dream eater are use to deal damage and restore health. Gyro ball + low speed gives him a STABed attack move.

Okay, I have a question that I'm sure a lot of people want answered once and for all:

What I mean by this is that if you're using something like the IV Check code, and you soft-reset, the Action Replay doesn't re-enter the code, so you can't use the SR method of breeding with the IV Check code.

However, I have heard people say there's a feature with the Action Replay in which you can save codes into the gave via a certain button, which will make them automatically load every time the AR is inserted. If so, will this solve the problem?

I know you could just hard-reset everything, but the contant on and off power can harm your DS's power circuit. Thanks. :)
=o

I would really like to know the answer on this too, as I've been hard-resetting for my newer stuff for almost the past week (Just got AR :D), and I didn't know that it could harm my DS's power circuit...

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
I have TWO simple questions! :o

1) With PBR, you can only get one of each purchasable item (ie: Leftovers). Is there any way to be able to get a 2nd item, like Leftovers, on the same copy of Diamond?

2) I've been breeding a pile of Starlys, in an attempt to get as many 30-31 IVs as possible. However, I haven't gotten any further than three 31s, and one of them was in Special Attack (bleh). I must've bred over 100 Starlys, and swapped out the parents, in an attempt to mix and match different 31 IVs, and still nothing very spectacular. Am I doing something wrong? Or, do you guys with the excellent IV spreads spend day after day hatching hordes of eggs, waiting for that near perfect one? (I read that it took a long time, but I figured "hours" at the most.. but day?)

=o

I would really like to know the answer on this too, as I've been hard-resetting for my newer stuff for almost the past week (Just got AR :D), and I didn't know that it could harm my DS's power circuit...
I dont think there is a button that loads the code automatically by pressing a certain button, and as for soft reseting with an AR you cant i tried this before you have to turn it off and choose the codes you want.

Anyone know an EV spread that maximizes this bronzong's defensive abilities and HP?

Bronzong
Sassy-Levitate
30/29/31/28/31/11
hypnosis/dream eater/block/gyro ball

This Bronzong is designed to trap non-threatening opponents in battle. Block keeps them around while hypnosis and dream eater are use to deal damage and restore health. Gyro ball + low speed gives him a STABed attack move.
Reposting this question for the new page, since he's a good buddy of mine and I don't know the answer to his question =P

I dont think there is a button that loads the code automatically by pressing a certain button, and as for soft reseting with an AR you cant i tried this before you have to turn it off and choose the codes you want.
Thanks for answering that :). Hopefully the DS power circuit outcome from restarting my DS so much is just myth.... =(

What is with all of the fuss over Garchomp?

To the extent that people would wish for a Garchomp counter? Garchomp is fast and powerful, along with a bit bulky but he still has the same type weaknesses as all of the other dragons.

What is it about the D/P metagame that has changed to make Garchomp be considered such a much larger threat then Salamence?

What is with all of the fuss over Garchomp?

To the extent that people would wish for a Garchomp counter? Garchomp is fast and powerful, along with a bit bulky but he still has the same type weaknesses as all of the other dragons.

What is it about the D/P metagame that has changed to make Garchomp be considered such a much larger threat then Salamence?
Base 102 speed puts him in a speed tier of his own. Sand veil gives him a 20% chance to survive any hit. Yache berry allows him to get crucial swords dance/subbing in while being ice beamed. STAB'd dragon/ground gives him very good coverage.

etc.

obviously there's something about him if he's getting 10m more usage points than the next pokemon on the list on shoddy.

Also the fact that it's moveset can hit everything in the game. It is a threatening late game sweeper. His weaknesses are Ice and Dragon.

Obviously Ice will be used on him more and if there was a Dragon attack to hit him the user is most likely slower, Salamence, Heatran, Dragonite, etc. While Pokemon who carry Ice attacks are faster and are pretty bulky. Suicune, Starmie, ScarfTran, etc. Yache Berry as Fenikkusu said is used on it to get in that Swords Dance or even that crucial blow on the opponents team to guarantee a win.

Sand Veil + Yache Berry + Bulky Defenses means that it will most likely be staying in and wreaking havoc.

I have a problem with egg moves.

I just bred a jolly male murkrow with pursuit with a jolly female aerodactyl (which also knew pursuit)

I didn't get pursuit. Aerodactyl specifically learns it as an egg move, and they are compatible for breeding in the flying group. Why didn't the move get passed?

I have a problem with egg moves.

I just bred a jolly male murkrow with pursuit with a jolly female aerodactyl (which also knew pursuit)

I didn't get pursuit. Aerodactyl specifically learns it as an egg move, and they are compatible for breeding in the flying group. Why didn't the move get passed?
Maybe they forgot the moves in the Daycare center? Otherwise I don't know.

The murkrow DOES have pursuit.

I was soft resetting the egg in the daycare, so the murkrow remained level 8, and it still has the move.

The aerodactyl has the moves it comes equipped with at level 1, ie. wing attack, supersonic, bite, and scary face.

EDIT: also, the daycare only counts the moves going in, not as time progresses. That's how you can get a roselia with leaf storm and pull the parent out, having a dramatically different moveset.

From what I remember if the Male has the move and is in the daycare and loses it you still ge the move. If you take it out of the daycare when it doesn't have it you lose it.

That's weird.

Maybe they forgot the moves in the Daycare center? Otherwise I don't know.
That wouldn't stop passing of egg moves. I've had two Lv1's with egg moves breed and they still pass them to their kids even when they've levelled up enough to forget their entire moveset. The moveset is only changed when you pick the parent up.

I'm going to try to see if the mother was hacked. It's not my OT, so there is a possibility it's just pooping out retard babies.

So sad, the aerodactyl is 31/31/26/31/31/31, but it doesn't have pursuit
which is the qualifications for the breeding project.
It would also fuck up it's credibility as a pokemon, and no one would want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)