Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone point me to the thread that will help you use an Action Replay. I saw one before but I can't find it.
I believe it got removed because the new policy is to not discuss use of Action Replay codes. Google will provide you with the information you need.

Is there a difference between SRing for an egg and just continually hatching them?
With SRing you can already know the Nature/Gender/Ability, so you can have that guaranteed, but you need to reset for IVs. With mass hatching, you just take a bunch of eggs and hatch them, not knowing Nature/Gender/Ability, and having set IVs. SRing can be useful if you really need a certain Gender/Ability (such as Gallade, or Solid Rock Rhyperior), but otherwise I think it's just up to personal preference. With mass hatching, you do get more "spitbacks", so it can make you feel like you've accomplished something at the end of the day.

I believe it got removed because the new policy is to not discuss use of Action Replay codes. Google will provide you with the information you need.

With SRing you can already know the Nature/Gender/Ability, so you can have that guaranteed, but you need to reset for IVs. With mass hatching, you just take a bunch of eggs and hatch them, not knowing Nature/Gender/Ability, and having set IVs. SRing can be useful if you really need a certain Gender/Ability (such as Gallade, or Solid Rock Rhyperior), but otherwise I think it's just up to personal preference. With mass hatching, you do get more "spitbacks", so it can make you feel like you've accomplished something at the end of the day.
Hold on... what exactly is SRing for eggs? I thought it was when you save after you have an egg that has the correct Nature/Gender/Ability and you are just resetting for IV's, but then I was told that it is all decided when the egg is first generated... ?

The Nature/Gender/Ability are set when the egg is generated. The IVs are set when you pick it up from the day care man.

I have 5 pokemon in my party, including Nincada. I level it to 20, it evolves to Ninjask, I still have the open slot and no Shedinja. What happened?

In th e analysis for Jumpluff, it is suggested to not give it any HP EVs so it can regain more % from leech seed, thus allowing it to make more subs.

My question is, am I crazy in thinking that a Jumpluff with a low HP IV (preferable an IV of 1 instead of 0) is better than a Jumpluff with a Higher IV (27-31?)? I feel like having a low IV is just as important as having no EVs in that stat.

In th e analysis for Jumpluff, it is suggested to not give it any HP EVs so it can regain more % from leech seed, thus allowing it to make more subs.

My question is, am I crazy in thinking that a Jumpluff with a low HP IV (preferable an IV of 1 instead of 0) is better than a Jumpluff with a Higher IV (27-31?)? I feel like having a low IV is just as important as having no EVs in that stat.
If it's purely for subseeding, then yes it would be better to have a low hp IV. You may want to consider however, leftovers' recovery over the 4 turns and see if it hits a "number" that will allow it to sub a 5th turn as well.

Thanks, just making sure I'm not crazy xD With 1 IV in hp and no HP EVs, it should hit 261 hit points. After 4 subs w/o leftovers factored in, you'll have 1 hp left, so I should be able to get a 5th sub in right?

And if not, what hp number should I be going for?

You can't sub with 1 hp =P

If you have 261 hp, after 4 subs (65 hp subs) and leftovers you'll have 65 hp left assuming no other damage, so you won't be able to sub again. So I'd advise an IV of 2, which gives it 262 hp, and 66 hp at the very end.

Then again, I don't know if it really matters because you'll be getting leech seed will be giving it hp as well. Oh well.

You can't sub with 1 hp =P

If you have 261 hp, after 4 subs (65 hp subs) and leftovers you'll have 65 hp left assuming no other damage, so you won't be able to sub again. So I'd advise an IV of 2, which gives it 262 hp, and 66 hp at the very end.
Right, I forgot to say that I was asking if you'd have enough for five with leftovers after 4 subs. :P I don't even know anymore lol.

OK, so an IV of 2 it is! Thanks for the help ^^ I'll hopefully find a way to get one of these for wifi :P

If a choice scarf Ditto uses Transform will he be able to select one of the new moves available or will the scarf demand he select Transform again . . . which wouldn't even be an option.

It can reselect a move from the new moveset.

Although now I'm curious what would happen if you hit a mew or a smeargle with transform while using a scarfed ditto. I think you'd end up locked in that case.

I would think so, too, considering that U-turning into a Choiced Pokemon that knows U-turn would lock that Pokemon into U-turn. I wouldn't know for sure, though.

What would be a good Life Orb Machamp set? There's not one on the Analysis page...

I guess it'd be the same as the Choice Band one, but just Life Orb instead?

Both of my Kadabras evolved into Alakazam even though both were holding an Everstone. Looks like they both have the same ability ; Inner Focus. Is this a known problem? Any known work-arounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)