Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When I read Policy Review, in certain areas, i have heard "let's never ban someone on therymon again".

my question is: who is the pokemon that smogon banned based on theorymon?
An example, I think, is non-Soul Dew Latias, which is looking like it'll be voted OU, whereas it was put in Uber before there was any testing.
Only Latias? Or is there someone else?

Well technically Wynaut is theory banned right now >__> (from UU and OU)

Edit: OHKO moves might be one, but that issue stretches back long before my involvement.

Breeding question: I'm working on breeding a Solid Rock Camerupt. I'm wondering if it matters what ability Numel has. That is, will Oblivious always yield Magma Armor, and Simple always Solid Rock, or is it pretty much random?

Numel doesn't get Magma Armor though... Numel can have Oblivious or Simple, and Camerupt can have Magma Armor or Solid Rock.

Bumping to new page
This was answered by BlackBlastoise. MOST nfes were banned because they were considered too similar to their evolved counterparts (played in the same way). Many people didn't want UU to be OU lite (playing with the nfes of the OU Pokémon).
"Unique" nfes like pikachu (light ball sweeper) and scyther (and maybe trapinch) were allowed. These pokes played differently, so UU could be a unique metagame.
Then I believe Obi argued that all nfes had either a different hp or speed stat which provides some advantage over its counterpart (trick room, leech seed, pain split, grass knot).

I have a breeding question (egg hatching question). The breeding guide says that the step counter is reset every 256 steps. When this occurs, the game checks if there are eggs on your team. If the egg counter is not 0, it gets decreased by 2. If the egg counter is 0 or less, the egg hatches. If you are carrying more than one egg, all egg counters are checked starting from the topmost one.
Quote:
If that egg's egg counter is not zero, it is decreased accordingly (by 2 if you have a Magma Armor/Flame Body Pokémon, or by 1 otherwise), and the next egg is checked. If it is zero, then that egg hatches, and the other eggs’ counters are not checked or decreased. This means that you cannot hatch two or more eggs simultaneously, but you need to wait at least 256 steps (255 in DP) between a hatching egg and another.
Here is the question: if I place the newest eggs with the highest egg counters at the top of the party (30,30,30,2,0), will they be reduced before the low counters hatch (preventing some of the extra steps usually required when hatching multiple eggs). The breeding guide doesn't mention this, but I am hoping that the above egg counters would become (28,28,28,0, hatch). Placing the low counters at the top would result in (hatch, 2, 30, 30, 30). If the first case holds true, it would save some time. I am hoping to avoid testing this myself because I don't know much about egg counters and I find it difficult to pay close attention while breeding. Thanks.

Breeding question: I'm working on breeding a Solid Rock Camerupt. I'm wondering if it matters what ability Numel has. That is, will Oblivious always yield Magma Armor, and Simple always Solid Rock, or is it pretty much random?
The ability change isn't random (unless it's imported from ADV). If you know that those abilities become those ones, then that's what it is.

what are some good colors to use in a Warstory? I was thinking red and blue but it seems that some people don't like those colors

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Black, Bolded text, Indigo and Navy, from my experience. The fancy coloured fonts just distract and detract from your writing.

bold shows up really well, so darker colors (bright=bad) bolded usually works well.

a gray and maroon could work nicely.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
why is a number with a 9 minimum life orb damage
You lose 10% of your HP, rounded down, from Life Orb-holding damaging attacks. Attacking 10 times (assuming no attacks hit the Pokemon using them, or no other recoil damage) with XX9 HP leave 9 HP. Attacking 10 times with XX0 HP causes self-KO due to Life Orb damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)