Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say I was using a good IV'd pokemon as a parent, and whilst it was in the daycare it learnt a level up move over an egg move. If an AR was used to give it that Egg Move again, would that be considered "hacked", or would it mostly be up to the discrestion of the person trading for it?

TBH I guess it would be up to the users discresion. I consider tinkering with any moves/IVs from an external to be hacking, but meh. It's just a parent, so I personally don't care much.

If you want a general category for the pokemon, "legal hack" would probably be the most accurate since you used a device to add a move that the pokemon could have had by a legal method. Some people care, some don't, but be sure to tell anyone it might affect, especially if you offer the poke for trade.

If you want a general category for the pokemon, "legal hack" would probably be the most accurate since you used a device to add a move that the pokemon could have had by a legal method. Some people care, some don't, but be sure to tell anyone it might affect, especially if you offer the poke for trade.
Meh, it will have to go on the discard pile then: 27/30/31/28/31/31 timid hoppip :( had Encore, but now it doesn't :(

haunter

Banned deucer.
Say I was using a good IV'd pokemon as a parent, and whilst it was in the daycare it learnt a level up move over an egg move. If an AR was used to give it that Egg Move again, would that be considered "hacked", or would it mostly be up to the discrestion of the person trading for it?
No Dan Dan, if you breed the pokemon legally, then I'm sure that using an AR to relearn a move you had originally bred onto it isn't considered hacking and, of course, can not be detected in any way.
If you're going to trade the pokemon just be sure to inform the person you're trading with.
I believe that the term "legal hacks" applies to pokemons obtained fully via AR, and, obviously, it's not your case.

I've heard that cresselias and mesprits IV:s will be set when they have been talked at island/cave. Is it true?

Abomasnow@Scarf
174Atk/84SpA/252Spe Hasty
Blizzard
Wood Hammer
EQ
And? Focus Punch, Brick Break, or Focus Blast?
Personally, I'd go with Brick Break. Focus Punch not only defeats the purpose of a Scarf, but will have extremely limited use and Focus Blast is shaky accuracy wise, as well as working off the lower EV'd stat.

I love Glaceon so badly...why did they have to scrw it wit ha terrbile movepool :<? Specs: Blizzard/HP Fighting/Shadow Ball and? Timid or Modest?

2 questions
1. You know how the move gravity makes all moves with 60% or more 100%? Well does it have a effect or moves below 60%

2. In pokemon platinum, how do you get the secret key for the rotom formes?

Glaceon..? Look at poor Flareon.

For the last move, you could use Water Pulse. If not, then you could use either Sleep Talk to absorb sleep or Mirror Coat just to throw someone off. May as well go with Modest on it.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2 questions
1. You know how the move gravity makes all moves with 60% or more 100%? Well does it have a effect or moves below 60%

Yes, Gravity does affect every move. It multiplies the move's accuracy into 5/3.

In Platinum, you need to use the mystery gift over Wi-fi to download it. It's an event over Wi-fi.

haunter

Banned deucer.
2 questions

Yes, gravity lowers evsion modifier by two stages, so it has effect also on moves below 60% accuracy. Obviously the accuracy increase depends on the base accuracy of the move. If you need to calculate the exact accuracy of a move under gravity, I suggest you to take a look at this post by X-Act

Via WiFi event or via local wireless from someone who has received the event via WiFi.

vashta

"It was pretty cool to watch Tim Duncan from afar"
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
2 questions

1) Not to 100%, but it does affect it. (accuracy x 1.67 I think)

2) via a WiFi mystery gift event or from someone who has acquired it via the event, I believe. Serebii say this on their Rotom forme page. There is to be an event for such an item in Canada soon, also.

edit; there hasn't been any notification on a possible release in the UK.

A lot of questions:

Is this a good Giratina Origin Form/Distortion World? Or should I keep on resetting? Is it worth it to use a Masterball on Giratina?

Giratina@
Hardy
20/27/7/14/7/29

I know its nature isn't the best, but it has a 27 Attack IV and a 29 Speed IV.

Also what's better in your opinion? Origin Form or Altered Form? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)