Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 19 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a lot of trouble installing IRC into a Mac computer. Does anyone have experience installing IRC for Macs? Any kind of help would be appreciated.

The specific problem right now is finding a way to use windows programs on macs. Someone recommended I install this program called wine, which allows me to do just that. However, once I get to the terminal and it asks to put the command in, an error always occurs. Can someone help me with this problem, or perhaps there is an easier way?

The satisfaction of besting the most frustrating place in Pokemon, and maybe a star on your Trainer Card (for gold).
I gathered from a few faqs already, and it would seem it is still 100 straight hax tower wins for the last star...

However, imo, if you manage to out BS Battle Factory, you deserve an award.

Hm, I just started a new game, what should I make my team in the beggining?
(I picked Chimchar as my starter.)

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Hm, I just started a new game, what should I make my team in the beggining?
(I picked Chimchar as my starter.)
Well anything works in game but you should probably get Starly and Bidoof in the beginning. Starly can use Fly and when Bidoof evolves into Bibarel he makes a great HM Slave.

I posted this about a week ago, but I guess it got passed up. If anyone can give me an opinion on this, that would be greaaaat (Office Space FTW).

My Adamant Ho-oh only has a 30 IV in Speed. Instead of the 252 Speed EVs for the standard CB set, should I just allocate 28 EVs to Speed to reach a stat of 222 and outrun Adamant Tyranitar, then pump the rest of those into HP (and keep 252 in Attack, of course), as mentioned in the analysis? This does put my HP at an odd number (401) for Stealth Rock switch-ins.

For reference, my IVs are: 22/22/19/28/1/30. I know it's not the best spread (nice SDef, huh?), but my only MysticTicket (legit!) was on FR, not Emerald, so no easy RNG abuse (plus I SRed for it before the Emerald RNG abuse was public knowledge among the competitive community).
Thanks!

How do I register a nick for #smogon / #stark?
Once you've connected to synIRC, type in the following:

/ns register <password> <e-mail>

<password> - your desired password (5 character minimum, iirc)
<e-mail> - your e-mail address (a REAL address, in order to receive the activation key)

Example: My e-mail is 12345@gmail.com and the password I want to use is 12345. When I want to register my nick, I would type this in the status window after I've connected:

/ns register 12345 12345@gmail.com

That will register your nick, allowing you to join #smogon and #stark.

(This is covered in the IRC tutorials, BTW.)

hasnt recieved an answer yet so..

Overall, is battling on Wi-fi easier or harder than battling on Shoddy? (i.e) Is it "easier" to win on wi-fi or harder? I know there are a lot of factors and everything, but please give your most accurate answer.

My Adamant Ho-oh only has a 30 IV in Speed. Instead of the 252 Speed EVs for the standard CB set, should I just allocate 28 EVs to Speed to reach a stat of 222 and outrun Adamant Tyranitar, then pump the rest of those into HP (and keep 252 in Attack, of course), as mentioned in the analysis? This does put my HP at an odd number (401) for Stealth Rock switch-ins.

For reference, my IVs are: 22/22/19/28/1/30. I know it's not the best spread (nice SDef, huh?), but my only MysticTicket (legit!) was on FR, not Emerald, so no easy RNG abuse (plus I SRed for it before the Emerald RNG abuse was public knowledge among the competitive community).
Yes, speed should always be the prioritized stat when trying to make up for IVs (in Speed 1 point can make a difference, elsewhere it's pretty minimal). Do you plan on giving up Thunder as well? If not, 56 in Special Attack and rest in HP (you'll still have an odd number).

Overall, is battling on Wi-fi easier or harder than battling on Shoddy? (i.e) Is it "easier" to win on wi-fi or harder? I know there are a lot of factors and everything, but please give your most accurate answer.
On wifi it's harder to get effective pokemon and come up with instant changes to problems that occur. In terms of opponent quality, there's more not-so-good than good on Shoddy for the most part, while they're also easier to find. So I'm going to say Shoddy.

im thinking of getting an Action replay

my question is if i use one will it mark my cartridge in any way so hack checkers will ban my game from future events?

is there a verified list of allowed cheats?

I'm looking to use a team with powerful but slowish sweepers (e.g. Lucario, PorygonZ, Gallade), and want to ensure that I have plenty of paralysis support. Which pokemon would be best for this? At the moment, I'm looking at Uxie, Mesprit, Cresselia, and possibly even Gyarados, but I'm not sure which to choose or how to build them.

Celebi, Jirachi and movesets which use event moves or moves from non D/P/P sources are not options since this is in game.

I was looking for an useful TWaver with a strong fire move for my 3vs3 team. This is the best I tought:

Azelf@ Focus Sash
Timid/Hasty, 252Sp.Atk/Spd/6HP
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot/Explosion

Psychic is STAB and adds coverage, Flamethrower and Thunder Wave are useful and help with team coverage/support. I'm particularly in doubt about the last moveslot.

Considering a 3vs3 single metagame, Nasty Plot seems better due to Focus Sash, meaning Azelf can attempt to sweep itself if the opponent is handlable.

Explosion, in other hand, is self explanatory and even more useful with Focus Sash. However, Paralysing or weakening an opponent before Focus Sash activates to Explode later seems foolish, making Nasty Plot set up more tempting. Though Explosion gets rid of uncommom special walls (it's a 3vs3 metagame, I can't stress it enough).

Both sounds excellent. What do you think?

Once you've connected to synIRC, type in the following:

<snip>

That will register your nick, allowing you to join #smogon and #stark.

(This is covered in the IRC tutorials, BTW.)
Thanks

I was looking for an useful TWaver with a strong fire move for my 3vs3 team. This is the best I tought:

Azelf@ Focus Sash
Timid/Hasty, 252Sp.Atk/Spd/6HP
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot/Explosion

Psychic is STAB and adds coverage, Flamethrower and Thunder Wave are useful and help with team coverage/support. I'm particularly in doubt about the last moveslot.

Considering a 3vs3 single metagame, Nasty Plot seems better due to Focus Sash, meaning Azelf can attempt to sweep itself if the opponent is handlable.

Explosion, in other hand, is self explanatory and even more useful with Focus Sash. However, Paralysing or weakening an opponent before Focus Sash activates to Explode later seems foolish, making Nasty Plot set up more tempting. Though Explosion gets rid of uncommom special walls (it's a 3vs3 metagame, I can't stress it enough).

Both sounds excellent. What do you think?
Focus Sash won't activate if you use explosion.

I need a team wich can destroy this team:
Lead: Jirachi
Dugtrio
Skarmory
Heatran
Tentacruel
Latias

Anyone can help me, please?
Please just post that team in the RMT section and ask for rates. Nobody's going to build your team for you, and we don't even know the movesets for the Pokemon you listed.

Ok, I'm having a hard time getting Mr. Backlot to refresh his pokemon of the day.

I time traveled to July 29, 2029 on a RNG project, but he says the last pokemon (Cleffa) is still there. I need him to allow me to reset so Eevee can appear.

I've tried the Pal Park trick but nothing appears to have happened (I will check this in 24 hours real time though, as I have a feeling this will let me do it). However, does anyone else have a tactic that works?

Ok, I'm having a hard time getting Mr. Backlot to refresh his pokemon of the day.

I time traveled to July 29, 2029 on a RNG project, but he says the last pokemon (Cleffa) is still there. I need him to allow me to reset so Eevee can appear.

I've tried the Pal Park trick but nothing appears to have happened (I will check this in 24 hours real time though, as I have a feeling this will let me do it). However, does anyone else have a tactic that works?
If you're playing Platinum, just go to Bebe's house in Hearthome city (as she gives you Eevee). If not, reset time to 11:59 walk into a different room/outside then get in and it should change, repeat this until you get Eevee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)