Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the analysis, Dragon Claw is the preferred option because of the numerous dragon types in Ubers. It is more reliable against Rayquaza, Latios, and Palkia and does better damage against Giratina-O. But in my opinion, if you already have good dragon counters on your team, Swords Dance could be a lot more helpful. +2 Atk and Spe Groudon is unstoppable, unless a Stone Edge misses.
Will it be worth it to spend 2 turns of being struck with attacks while I prepare? Will I even live in that time? Lets say someone uses an attack that does medium damage. Will I faint before that or will Groudon be bulky enough to withstand it and unleash the ultimate rampage?

why are some not-fully-evolved pokemon like pikachu or trapinch in the NU tier and not the NFE tier
Because both Pikachu and Tranpinch can actually do something in the NU Tier. Pikachu with a Light Ball is quite powerful and Tranpinchs Arena Trap + a Choice Band is also a good combination. Both Pokemon are simply to 'broken' for the NFE Tier

I thought NFE was never really meant as a tier. The Pokemon that are listed as NU are there because they have something that differentiates them from their evolutions. Scyther is even UU. It's not that these NFE's are 'broken' in the NFE 'tier', but that they are useful in competitive play. I've seen Scyther and Porygon2 on a few OU teams.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Because both Pikachu and Tranpinch can actually do something in the NU Tier. Pikachu with a Light Ball is quite powerful and Tranpinchs Arena Trap + a Choice Band is also a good combination. Both Pokemon are simply to 'broken' for the NFE Tier
Its hard to explain. Take Scyther for example. Sure, its attack and defense stat is weaker than its evolved counterpart, Scizor. But, Scyther is a much faster Pokémon and a more capable sweeper when not equipped with a Choice item, versus Scizor who lacks the speed and relies on priority a lot. Both Scyther and Scizor have Technician. Just Scizor is much more threatening thanks to STABed priority, base 130 attack, and natural bulkiness.

For most Pokémon, yes, their evolved form in superior in every aspect. Stats especially. But Pokémon such as the aforementioned Scyther and others such as Porygon2, Trapinch, and Pikachu, they serve different roles in lower tiers as opposed to their evolved counterpart.

What are the highest flinch chances around? I got flinched 7 times in a row by a Togekiss once, just how probable is that?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
What are the highest flinch chances around? I got flinched 7 times in a row by a Togekiss once, just how probable is that?
60%.

Air Slash is normally 30%, Serene Grace doubles that. Jirachi's Iron Head is no different.

I'm pretty sure he was asking for the probability of being flinched 7 times in a row by Togekiss's Air Slash.

The probability is:
(0.95 * 0.60)^7 = 1.95%

For Jirachi Iron Head it is a bit higher since Air Slash is only 95% accurate whereas IH is 100%:
0.60^7 = 2.799%

Considering it has a high speDEF, you could try to use it if you know you can take a hit, but in reality... ehh I think it can use that slot for something more useful, unless yo uwanna run it like a magic coat blastoise =P
you are thinking of mirror coat.

And to answer the is magic coat viable on Milotic, probably not, as its a pokemon thats meant to absorb status, and usually switches in on it. Not a lot of experienced players are going to burn or use thunder wave on Milotic when it is in, and some Milotic carry rest + sleep talk, so the only thing it would be useful for is rebounding sleep.

you are thinking of mirror coat.

And to answer the is magic coat viable on Milotic, probably not, as its a pokemon thats meant to absorb status, and usually switches in on it. Not a lot of experienced players are going to burn or use thunder wave on Milotic when it is in, and some Milotic carry rest + sleep talk, so the only thing it would be useful for is rebounding sleep.
Augh crap oops, and yeah hes right, unless you want to use Milotic as like a full support roll. You better have something up your sleeve though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)