Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever team I make in OU, I want it to include Milotic and not that mermaid-bitch Vaporeon, so of the two that I bred, which one should I use on my competitive OU team?

Milotic(Shiny)
@ Leftovers
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP/ 240 Defense/ 16 Special Defense
Surf
Toxic
Rest
Sleep Talk

Milotic
@ Life Orb
Modest Nature:
EVs: 152 HP / 80 Defense / 220 Special Attack / 56 Speed
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Electric
Recover

My question got buried so i post again.

Let's say i got a 12% Tentacruel and stealth rock is in field. This means that Tentacruel will be KO'ed when switching in.

Question is will Tentacruel absorb toxic spikes in the ground before fainting or will faint immediately (without absorbing)?

Whatever team I make in OU, I want it to include Milotic and not that mermaid-bitch Vaporeon, so of the two that I bred, which one should I use on my competitive OU team?

Milotic(Shiny)
@ Leftovers
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP/ 240 Defense/ 16 Special Defense
Surf
Toxic
Rest
Sleep Talk

Milotic
@ Life Orb
Modest Nature:
EVs: 152 HP / 80 Defense / 220 Special Attack / 56 Speed
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Hidden Power Electric
Recover
It depends entirely on what you want to do with it. The top set is for walling, absorbing status, and spreading toxic. The bottom set is for attacking.

what pokemon would you suggest for a midgame Dual screener?
Bronzong. He has resistances and defenses to switch in, and can explode. Consider Heatproof, especially if your team has other ground resists and/or fire weaknesses.

Uxie. It's got the defenses to switch in to a lot of stuff, and Memento can give your incoming sweeper a chance to setup.

Cresselia has magnificent defenses, and can give a sweeper a second chance. Bear in mind Lunar Dance heals AFTER entry hazards hit, which limits its usage a bit.

Which to choose out of Uxie and Cresselia depends on how you normally play. If you tend to take some damage on all your Pokemon, Cresselia. If you tend to have some Pokemon fainted, and others at full health never seen yet, Uxie might be better.

Clefable. Again reasonable defenses, helped by immunity to weather, status, and entry hazards. Able to Wish Pass too.

My question got buried so i post again.

Let's say i got a 12% Tentacruel and stealth rock is in field. This means that Tentacruel will be KO'ed when switching in.

Question is will Tentacruel absorb toxic spikes in the ground before fainting or will faint immediately (without absorbing)?
SR damage comes before Toxic spikes kicks in, which means that it won't absorb Tspikes, no. I may be wrong, but that definitely shouldn't be the case.

It depends entirely on what you want to do with it. The top set is for walling, absorbing status, and spreading toxic. The bottom set is for attacking.
I knew that of course... but overall which one'll prove more useful? I feel like the Life Orb one'll get some surprise kills but the toxic one is a really nasty way to stall! But which one'll function better in OU?

haunter

Banned deucer.
I knew that of course... but overall which one'll prove more useful? I feel like the Life Orb one'll get some surprise kills but the toxic one is a really nasty way to stall! But which one'll function better in OU?
The choice obviously depends on what kind of team you're assembling. If you're playing offensive then use the latter, if you're going to play defensive\stall, then use the former. It's pretty pointless to ask for advices for a team without listing the other members of the said team.

I was just trying to decide on which niche Milotic fits better because I want to use her in a OU capacity where she isn't horribly outclassed... Kinda like a team center piece!

The Sleep Talk set gets over most bulky waters and benefits from Marvel Scale...
The Offensive set has very good type coverage and can sweep or heal itself...

Just wondering, when can I convert fossils to Pokemon ? I traded over a few fossils and currently have 1 badge.

Do I've to talk to the old man first, the one who assign digging tools?

Platinum version.

So which of these niches does Milotic occupy better?
Well, you said you wished to use Milotic instead of Vaporeon. Vaporeon is usually used as a bulky water capable of screwing over other bulky waters with Toxic or halting a deadly attacker, depending on Vaporeon's moveset.

If this is the case, use the Calm Milotic for your team. Milotic can be almost as annoying as Vaporeon to kill. In my opinion, Milotic does a more defensive job than offensive job.

So I have few things to ask.
For things in battles:
Do we have true special wall other than the Blissey in OU?
How do you SR properly to raise the chances of catching Legendaries with desire IVs/nature/etc.?

Now for posting:
How do you post an image (graphics) from file?

For attacks like fire fang, ice fang, thunder fang. What is the actual percentage of burn/paralysis/freeze and flinch? Can they both happen at the same time?

haunter

Banned deucer.
For attacks like fire fang, ice fang, thunder fang. What is the actual percentage of burn/paralysis/freeze and flinch? Can they both happen at the same time?
ice fang move description said:
Has a 10% chance to flinch and a 10% chance to freeze the target. Both effects are independent and can occur simultaneously.

On every stall team, I see one pokemon with Toxic Spikes like Tentacruel and another with Toxic like Blissey--does this mean I could use Roserade and Milotic with toxic spikes and toxic, respectively on my team without it being too redundant?

Does the GTS glitch work in platinum?
Evolution does. Cloning does not.

So I have few things to ask.
For things in battles:
Do we have true special wall other than the Blissey in OU?
How do you SR properly to raise the chances of catching Legendaries with desire IVs/nature/etc.?
Blissey is the special wall par excellence, but there are other options. Anything with good HP and special defense, typing that's not weak to common special attacks, and ideally a healing move, should work. Cresselia, Latias, Suicune and Bronzong possibly, even Snorlax. However, Blissey is about twice as specially defensive as anything else

There is a guide to catching legendaries in the in game articles section. There are also guides to RNG abuse, a complicated and fiddly technique that if followed gets you near-perfect Pokemon.

Do physical multi-hit moves have a chance to trigger the foe's special ability at each hit? Like, if the foe's ability makes you poisoned, can you trigger it at either hit 1,2,3,4,5 or only after the attack ended?

Thanks

Shoddy quit working on me a few months back, so I deleted it. I can re-download it, but when I try to launch the application I get a "Failed to launch the application" message. I'm on a Mac, so I don't know if that's making any difference. Any suggestions?

Do physical multi-hit moves have a chance to trigger the foe's special ability at each hit? Like, if the foe's ability makes you poisoned, can you trigger it at either hit 1,2,3,4,5 or only after the attack ended?

Thanks
Each hit causes the "ability check".

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Shoddy quit working on me a few months back, so I deleted it. I can re-download it, but when I try to launch the application I get a "Failed to launch the application" message. I'm on a Mac, so I don't know if that's making any difference. Any suggestions?
Make sure you have the latest version of Java.

You sure you downloaded it from here?

When two pokes are koed at the same time: for example one of the pokes uses a recoil move, or one poke uses destiny bond, or whatever....

Are the new pokes sent out at the same time? In random order? Or does one trainer have to wait for the other to send out a poke, before sending himself a poke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)