Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure another Pokemon has to come in.
You can still sacrifice a Pokemon to entry hazards to your advantage though, in that you can scout your opponent's switch, and after your first switch-in dies, go to whatever best counters what your opponent has out.
So that means that when two pokes are switched in, the entry hazard/intimidate happen after both switch?

EDIT::

Does substitute prevent covet / Item theft? (I know it blocks trick/switcheroo)

So that means that when two pokes are switched in, the entry hazard/intimidate happen after both switch?
I think the second switch-in gets entry hazard damage too. I'm not sure about intimidate.

Also my answers are from memory, and based on Shoddy's behaviour. They might be wrong, or be different in link battles.

I think the second switch-in gets entry hazard damage too. I'm not sure about intimidate.

Also my answers are from memory, and based on Shoddy's behaviour. They might be wrong, or be different in link battles.
I mean, if two pokes with intimidate switch in (maybe not at the first turn, but later), do both pokes get intimidated? or only one?

I didn't think you could, since you can still feasbly play someone with Diamond or Pearl.

I've been wondering this as well, so it would be greate for someone to confirm, but I'm pretty sure its a no, but hopefully its fixed in Generation V!

Yes, you can get a flawless anything with RNG abuse.
I used the PID applet after I posted and it said that there were no possible combinations for a 31 flawless adamant pokemon...I know that you can hatch flawless anything, but groudon is a legendary, so is it possible??????

SD Venusaur and Bulky Arcanine?

I am having trouble in UU, and am not sure where to ask simple questions like this. Does anyone know a good set for either (or both) a bulky Arcanine or a Swords Dance Venusaur. I know I could use the analysis, but I have used it for Venusaur and am not happy with how fast Venusaur gets worn down. But anyway, anyone have any good spreads or sets for 'em?

Yes, you can get a flawless anything with RNG abuse.
No you can't. Not every possible combination of IVs and natures is possible for caught Pokemon, and legendaries of course cannot be bred.

You can, however, get as near as makes almost no difference; I think 30+/30+/30+/30+/30+/31 spreads exist in all natures. Given the random element in the damage formula one point in non-speed stats will rarely make a difference.

Seeds 1c110271, bb16028a, and fe0e02a0 will give you such a near-flawless adamant caught Pokemon.

I am having trouble in UU, and am not sure where to ask simple questions like this. Does anyone know a good set for either (or both) a bulky Arcanine or a Swords Dance Venusaur. I know I could use the analysis, but I have used it for Venusaur and am not happy with how fast Venusaur gets worn down. But anyway, anyone have any good spreads or sets for 'em?
A good arcanine set ;
Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Extremespeed
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Extremespeed, Flare Blitz, and Morning Sun are all staples on Arcanine these days. HP Grass is effective for netting a kill on Rhyperior, however, if you find that you don't need it, change the nature to Adamant and use toxic instead, which allows you to actually do something to Milotic and Slowbro. Though this isn't a bulky set, it is still effective.

For Venusaur, the standard SD is the most effective.

Venusaur (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Sleep Powder

Sleep powder is just a good move, allowing you to usually set up a SD. Power Whip is just simply a strong attack, though it does not have perfect accuracy, the damage output makes it better than seed bomb. Earthquake gives you great coverage, especially good for hitting things like Raikou and Registeel.

You can, however, get as near as makes almost no difference; I think 30+/30+/30+/30+/30+/31 spreads exist in all natures. Given the random element in the damage formula one point in non-speed stats will rarely make a difference.

Seeds 1c110271, bb16028a, and fe0e02a0 will give you such a near-flawless adamant caught Pokemon.
That's what I meant - not necessarily all 31s, but close enough is what I consider 'flawless' - Pokemon such as Groudon don't really need a 31 Sp. Atk IV.

A good arcanine set ;
Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Extremespeed
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Hidden Power [Grass]
Extremespeed, Flare Blitz, and Morning Sun are all staples on Arcanine these days. HP Grass is effective for netting a kill on Rhyperior, however, if you find that you don't need it, change the nature to Adamant and use toxic instead, which allows you to actually do something to Milotic and Slowbro. Though this isn't a bulky set, it is still effective.

Venusaur (F) @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Sleep Powder

Sleep powder is just a good move, allowing you to usually set up a SD. Power Whip is just simply a strong attack, though it does not have perfect accuracy, the damage output makes it better than seed bomb. Earthquake gives you great coverage, especially good for hitting things like Raikou and Registeel.
Another option on the Venusaur set would be running Synthesis over Sleep Powder. Synthesis acts as a reliable recovery move that helps him survive longer, yielding more chances to sweep. It also aids in getting more Swords Dances up. However, synthesis should only be an option if you have another status user on your team, as Sleep Powder is also very useful.

If you'd like a bulkier Morning Sun set, I've found a successful one:

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Extremespeed
- Toxic

Different EVs, Nature, and Toxic over HP Grass. Toxic helps wear down Bulky waters Arcanine can't take down. And the rest of the moveset is pretty common nowadays too.

Venusaur (F) @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Sleep Powder

Only thing I hate about this set is that it gets walled completely by Altaria, and ever since Venusaur took the top spot in usage for UU, I've been seeing Altaria everywhere.

It's still an excellent set though that can totally rape your opponent's team if they're unprepared for it, you just can't beat them all I guess.

A Wide Lens equipped Pokémon attacking with a 100% accuracy move negates the effect of an opponent equipped with Bright Powder right?

A Wide Lens equipped Pokémon attacking with a 100% accuracy move negates the effect of an opponent equipped with Bright Powder right?
No. So your saying that if Lucario attacking with Close Combat holding Wide Lens would negate the effect of an opponent with BrightPower? No(I think so). Am I right? Also, when is the next Suspect test voting site? Was that right or Suspect Test Voting only? lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)