Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Ev's i should put on Atk and what nature is the best for an Explosion Magnezone?

I want to OHKO Blissey, Snorlax or Swampert after SR damage...

what is the current best(opinion) combination of ADV/DS pokemon games for having a good availability of OU pokes?

Edit: Beaten

Also, to repeat my question, does anyone know the formula for the score on the trainer card, not the number of stars, not the colour, but the numerical score?
From Bulbapedia:

"1 point per berry picked, 2 points per wild Pokémon battle, 3 points per Trainer battle, 7 points per egg hatched, 10 points per Pokémon traded and 20 points per Pokémon evolved."

How many Ev's i should put on Atk and what nature is the best for an Explosion Magnezone?

I want to OHKO Blissey, Snorlax or Swampert after SR damage...
The nature really depends on for what purpose you're using Magnezone for, but if you're running Explosion you probably don't want to use a nature that hinders Attack.

To OHKO the standard Blissey with Explosion after factoring in SR damage, you'll need a minimum of 188 Atk, which means 48 Atk EVs. You only have a chance of OHKOing Snorlax if you have 242 Atk, which means you'll need to run an Attack boosting nature, and that's pretty pointless on a Magnezone. And Magnezone has no chance at all of getting an OHKO on Swampert with Explosion.

If using a multihit move with king rock, does the flinch test occur at every hit or only once? (That would mean multihit moves could have up to 40% chances of flinching the opponent, with a king rock attached)

If a pokemon has an ability that prevents item losing (like sticky hold), does sticky barb still attachs to the foe upon contact?

what is the current best(opinion) combination of ADV/DS pokemon games for having a good availability of OU pokes?
I'd say Platinum and Emerald. Emerald's cloning will be a huge boon. I don't think you miss out on anything major (and not legendary) between those two. Mismagius and Murkrow are probably the most important non-legendary Pokemon you can't get.

A second DS game is useful to get multiples of legendaries. In that case you might be better making Diamond or Pearl your main and Platinum your resettable (assuming you don't want two copies of Platinum).

If you want a fully-legit Manaphy you'll need the original Pokemon Ranger, and access to a second DS. (Shadows of Almia you'll need an AR to activate the mission I think).

I'm not sure FireRed/LeafGreen get you anything notable extra for OU. The legendary dogs is about it I think. Also RNG manipulation is still being researched in those games, whereas it's pretty established in Emerald and DPPt.

Is it actually true that if you have a black trainer card, that your pokemon will be breed in a Master Ball? Because this is the case with a friend of mine, but I'm not sure what the reason is

i recently bought a used Pearl to go with my Diamond, and on it were several "mystery gift" pokemon, some shiny. how do i know which were legally obtained, and which not? it'd be nice if someone could at least tell me which thread explains this

Is it actually true that if you have a black trainer card, that your pokemon will be breed in a Master Ball? Because this is the case with a friend of mine, but I'm not sure what the reason is
I'm pretty confident your friend has made that up to cover the fact he is hacking egg moves onto Masterball-caught Pokemon.

Sunsatzu said:
i recently bought a used Pearl to go with my Diamond, and on it were several "mystery gift" pokemon, some shiny. how do i know which were legally obtained, and which not? it'd be nice if someone could at least tell me which thread explains this
Ask for hack checks in the simple questions/requests thread in the WiFi forum.

I'm pretty confident your friend has made that up to cover the fact he is hacking egg moves onto Masterball-caught Pokemon.
Well, I know that my friend doesn't have AR or Gameshark or what ever, is there any other explination for this? Also, all his breed Pokemon, that are in Master Balls, are accepted by PBR, so what's that?

I'm not trying to figure weither my friend is cheating or not, but more looking for the part of the trainer card in this

How do you effectively set up an Infernape sweep?

How do you deal with Breloom? I've only been able to take one out once, and it was pretty badly played that time.
I would like to repost this question, as it appears to have been missed. I would especially like an answer to the second part, as I know I'm doing something wrong with Breloom, or else it would be an uber.

Breloom is very vulnerable after it has put something to sleep so the best strategy is to let your least valuable pokemon take the spore then send in something that resists Focus punch and can easily dispose of Breloom (Salamence, Gyarados, Rotom-A, Celebi etc).

Definitely not true. All that means is that you have 5 stars on your trainer card or whatever the amount for black is; nothing more. So there was some hacking going on there. Even if your friend himself doesn't have an AR, it's possible that he lent it to another one of his friends who does have one, or that he bought the game used and the person who had last played it hacked or something. In any case though, that's not natural--there's no way for breed Pokemon to wind up in anything but a normal Pokeball.

As for PBR, it's hack check isn't perfect by any means, and I don't believe it even looks at Pokeballs at all, so it's not surprising that they wouldn't turn into bad eggs on it.

Suggestions on this ev spread for Machamp

Machamp @ Life Orb
Quiet
129 hp / 252 at / 129 spA
No Guard
Fire Blast
Dynamic Punch
Payback/Thunder Punch/Ice Punch
Stone Edge

Fire Blast for Scizor, Skarmory, Forretress, etc.

What do y'all think? Too gimmicky?

If I'm on the wrong thread, I apologize.

Definitely not true. All that means is that you have 5 stars on your trainer card or whatever the amount for black is; nothing more. So there was some hacking going on there. Even if your friend himself doesn't have an AR, it's possible that he lent it to another one of his friends who does have one, or that he bought the game used and the person who had last played it hacked or something. In any case though, that's not natural--there's no way for breed Pokemon to wind up in anything but a normal Pokeball.

As for PBR, it's hack check isn't perfect by any means, and I don't believe it even looks at Pokeballs at all, so it's not surprising that they wouldn't turn into bad eggs on it.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure PBR only checks for legal EVs/IVs.

Hey, if a Poke is paralyzed and a Togekiss is attacking it with Air Slash, what is the % chance they get to attack?

It's 60% plus 25%, so 85% to be unable to move. 15% to be able to attack.
No, this is not correct. As stated in my post above, the chances are calculated separately. If it worked as you say, then using Serene Grace Air Slash on a confused Pokemon (50% chance to not attack plus 60% to not attack) would be a 110% chance of inaction, meaning that the Pokemon would never move. This is obviously not how it works.

Instead, each chance is calculated as a separate event. First, the game checks if you flinched. If you didn't, it checks if you are fully paralyzed. With a 40% chance of making it through that first window and a 75% chance of making it through the second one, you end up with a 30% chance of ultimately attacking.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if technical issues go here, but:
I was loading a team to challenge my friend one day, (I'm using a Mac OSX) and I clicked on the "movies" section, rather than the file. As soon as I clicked it, the team loading button closed itself and wouldn't let me:
a. load another team to challenge
b. load a team in general (from the file menu)

I then quit Shoddy, reopened it, and it was the same thing. However, the "movie" window opened for a split second, then closed back down.

After that, I redownloaded Shoddy, and the same thing still happens. What exactly do I do?

Note: I tried saving a random team back into the folder that holds them, and that doesn't work either.

this question is mainly for the RNG abusers out there... Is there some trick to counting the taps on the happiness checker app? I finally got a low number today (180) but I still messed it up =[ is there any trick to keep track better?

I'm not sure if technical issues go here, but:
I was loading a team to challenge my friend one day, (I'm using a Mac OSX) and I clicked on the "movies" section, rather than the file. As soon as I clicked it, the team loading button closed itself and wouldn't let me:
a. load another team to challenge
b. load a team in general (from the file menu)

I then quit Shoddy, reopened it, and it was the same thing. However, the "movie" window opened for a split second, then closed back down.

After that, I redownloaded Shoddy, and the same thing still happens. What exactly do I do?

Note: I tried saving a random team back into the folder that holds them, and that doesn't work either.
I'm not sure if you tried this, but in the team builder, along the top in one of the tabs, there is an option 'use this team'. That should allow you to bypass the loading of any team. Anytime you want to switch teams, just 'use' another one.

When a poké is switched in AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TURN and killed by the spikes, is another poké immediately switched in, or does it wait the end of the turn? Same question with U-Turn / Baton Pass

this question is mainly for the RNG abusers out there... Is there some trick to counting the taps on the happiness checker app? I finally got a low number today (180) but I still messed it up =[ is there any trick to keep track better?
Open a spreadsheet, hit the down arrow every time you tap (after the first), so that the spreadsheet row matches the number of taps you've done. Same works for journal flips.

EDIT:

When a poké is switched in AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TURN and killed by the spikes, is another poké immediately switched in, or does it wait the end of the turn? Same question with U-Turn / Baton Pass
I'm pretty sure another Pokemon has to come in.
You can still sacrifice a Pokemon to entry hazards to your advantage though, in that you can scout your opponent's switch, and after your first switch-in dies, go to whatever best counters what your opponent has out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)