Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No, because most scarfed base 100s aren't positive natured. I have Salamence in mind so correct me if I'm wrong. It's best to pack as much power as possible.

Thanks for one, and second I'd go ahead and try to outspeed neutral natured +1 base 100s. Mainly becuase Adamant Scarf Flygon is really going to hurt, and Jolly ones won't do enough damage to revenge you unless you're below 50% I believe.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Remind me, how does Copycat work in Double Battles? I'm not finding a clear answer on the move page.

you basically use the last successful move, say
Mesprit + Lickilicky vs Gengar + Metagross
during the last turn the last attack used was Lickilicky's Earthquake
now in the case Gengar uses Shadow Ball on Mesprit and Mesprit lives, if Mesprit uses Copycat, Mesprit will use Shadow Ball (I'm not too sure on the targetting)
if instead Gengar tries to use Hypnosis on Lickilicky and misses, and Mesprit Copycats, Mesprit will use Earthquake because the last successful attack was Lickilicky's Earthquake from the prior turn.
Also, if Metagross Bullet Punches Lickilicky and then Gengar misses with Hypnosis, Mesprit will copy Bullet Punch
I'm not sure if I answered your question.. but if you have any specifics I'll try to answer them lol :/

Is there a site or somewhere online where I can input a Pokemon's PID and then see the resulting IVs, gender number, ability number, etc?

Use Thunderwave. It cripples Tyranitar and Scizor, which will almost certainly be switched into your celebi. Also some wish support would work well.

You don't. MSpaint isn't very good for spriting anyways, you should try paint.NET. It can make things transparent, and is much better for spriting then MSpaint will ever be.

Edit: Some questions for my new team:

Is it worth it to outspeed +1 positive natured base 100's with agiligross?

and

I plan on using a baton pas Celebi with this moveset:

~Baton Pass
~Swords Dance
~Grass Knot
~Thunder Wave or Recover?

I've been trying to get better at my predictions, and one prediction has always troubled me: figuring out the purpose of each Rotom appliance.

So, do the difference appliances each have a different purpose (Such as Rotom-W being a Dual Screener, ect.), or all they all really just spin-blockers?

I've been trying to get better at my predictions, and one prediction has always troubled me: figuring out the purpose of each Rotom appliance.

So, do the difference appliances each have a different purpose (Such as Rotom-W being a Dual Screener, ect.), or all they all really just spin-blockers?
Nice to see a new face around here! Generally all of the Rotom forms can serve both purposes very well. Although, sometimes you'll want a specific form to work with a team that you use. For example: You wouldn't use Wash Rotom on a sunny day team, and likewise with Oven Rotom on a rain dance team. People make use of the forms to cover certain weaknesses in their team. Like a team weak to Scizor would use Oven Rotom. Generally you will want to observe your opponents team and see what purpose their Rotom form would fill. My main Rotom counter is Heatran, as he absorbs Will-O-Wisp, and has a choice scarf, which takes advantage of the fact that most Rotom Forms are Scarfers. The only form I won't switch him in on is Wash Rotom. I hope this helps!

(I don't know the appropriate abbreviations for the Rotom forms, sorry.)

why when people want to make something "bulky" or whatever... do they put 252 in HP?

wouldn't it be more beneficial to put say... 252 in defense so ou have an easier time switching it in? any physical attack would be an easy switch in.

252 in HP seems... meh to me. anyone get what I am saying? i worded it terribly

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
why when people want to make something "bulky" or whatever... do they put 252 in HP?

wouldn't it be more beneficial to put say... 252 in defense so ou have an easier time switching it in? any physical attack would be an easy switch in.

252 in HP AND 252 in Def/Sp.def is what most people do.

What do people mean by "Hack Checks?" What are they and how do they work?
Ways to check whether a Pokemon is legitimate (having been caught or bred in game), or hacked (having been created by a cheating device or Pokesav). I think you need a way to read your Pokemon game's data on a PC. They're not foolproof though, a sufficiently clever hack could pass them. (An Action Replay code to 'lock' the RNG springs to mind.)

HP helps both defenses.
There are analyses of exactly how best to maximise your defences, but a rough rule is that you'll get more benefit from EVs in the lower base stat (of HP or the relevant defense), since it will increase more proportionately. (i]Note: I may be wrong about this[/i])

What are some legal IVs for Hidden Power Fire on Modest Celebi? Anything that doesn't require using 2 SpA IVs? -_-;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)