Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this question again...never got a good response...just looking to see if this has happenned to anyone else....or if anyone has any thoughts?????

quick question...I recently purchased Heart Gold and Soul Silver and beat soulsilver and was starting heart gold...I am on my way to the second gym and I thought I would do the arceus event using my TOY R US arceus....well it was all going well until I checked the Giratina egg and it did not have the special move, it just had dragon breath????? I ignored it and went further on, when I got to the day care there was an egg waiting for me (I had no pokemon in the daycare at the time) and when I went to check my pokemon the screen went black and my game froze. I even tried my japanese event arcues and I am getting the same thing, this happened on both games? I have not touched and cheating devises to my games.....any ideas on what is happenning.....I am even using a dsi from Japan to play?!?!?!?!?!?!!

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
If something uses HP Fire on a pokemon that has the Flash Fire, does it activate the ability? HP's type is Normal, but HP Fire's is Fire...
Yes.

Even though it says Normal on the move, its up to you to know specifically type it is. Honestly, I don't like the way it is. Especially if I haven't used a certain Pokémon lets say on Wifi for months.

you know how some people (Mostly mods) have something wriiten under their name.
Like Cookie has "I could be banned" for fun.

Are badged memebrs the only one to do that or other members can do that as well?

you know how some people (Mostly mods) have something wriiten under their name.
Like Cookie has "I could be banned" for fun.

Are badged memebrs the only one to do that or other members can do that as well?
Only badged members can give themselves custom user titles. Non-badged members can also get them, but only by being given them by an admin under special circumstances (like the "CAP Playtesting Expert" title for having the highest rating during a CAP playtesting period).

quick question...I recently purchased Heart Gold and Soul Silver and beat soulsilver and was starting heart gold...I am on my way to the second gym and I thought I would do the arceus event using my TOY R US arceus....well it was all going well until I checked the Giratina egg and it did not have the special move, it just had dragon breath????? I ignored it and went further on, when I got to the day care there was an egg waiting for me (I had no pokemon in the daycare at the time) and when I went to check my pokemon the screen went black and my game froze. I even tried my japanese event arcues and I am getting the same thing, this happened on both games? I have not touched and cheating devises to my games.....any ideas on what is happenning.....I am even using a dsi from Japan to play?!?!?!?!?!?!!
Well, about the Giratina, it was thought at first that the Arceus Event pokemon would know their HGSS special moves as Event moves, but they actually learn them by Level (somewhere around L 20 for Giratina's Shadow Sneak if thats what you are wondering), so nothing wrong there.

And I think you need to provide us more info about your DSi freezing, did you try turning it back on? Games can freeze sometimes but still be fine. If your DSi or game does have something wrong with it, make sure you purchased it from a reliable source.

I have a question about this site. There's like a green ball on the bottom of the gray/blue box where the name is. Sometimes i see gray Why? Do they represent something and is there more colors. Just curious.

I have a question about this site. There's like a green ball on the bottom of the gray/blue box where the name is. Sometimes i see gray Why? Do they represent something and is there more colors. Just curious.
...lol it's if they're online or offline, green is on, grey is off :X

ok... stupid question but it´s been bugging me for a while and i canñt find the answer to it, how do i insert a picture to my profile :S

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Does Hidden Power get STAB?
Technically, yes.

For example, if an Electric Pokémon were to use Hidden Power Electric, that would be STABed. But, if you think about it, that would be rather silly. Hidden Power caps out at base 70, but moves such as ThunderBolt and Thunder are base power 95 and 120 respectively, and those moves are STABed as well.

What effect do the gym badges have on the stats they're supposed to increase? Like the technical equation for it.
In the 4th generation they have no effect in the first 3 generations (exept competitively) the badges increase your stats by 1.1 (you have to mind that when catching a legendary with perfect speed)

Edit: Thanks witchcraft

ok... stupid question but it´s been bugging me for a while and i canñt find the answer to it, how do i insert a picture to my profile :S
If you're talking about Albums, go to User CP, and on the left of the page there will be a heading that says Networking. Under that, there will be a link that says Pictures & Albums. Click on that.

I think this only applicable for hacked pokemon, but hypothetically, is the boost for Fire-type attacks from Flash Fire Baton Passable?

I think this only applicable for hacked pokemon, but hypothetically, is the boost for Fire-type attacks from Flash Fire Baton Passable?
No, i dont think so. For example, Drifblim gets a speed boost from unburden, but it still cant pass that speed boost to the next pokemon. But with hacks, you never know :/

Ev training regards,

when I encounter a Pokemon, "Starly".

1. Do I KO it to gain EV stats pt or can I just encounter battle, but run off?

2. Can my battling and "Exp. Share" Pokemon gain the same EV stats pt?

Ev training regards,

1. It has to be KO'd.
2. Yes, they'll get the same EVs.

Ev training regards,

1. You have to KO it to get Exp, which is when you get EV's.
2. Yes, unless you have a Power Item on the battling Pokemon, in which case the Exp. Share Pokemon will get what it should get, and the PO Pokemon will get boosted EVs.

Thanks Naxte & Kachalski

1. You have to KO it to get Exp, which is when you get EV's.
2. Yes, unless you have a Power Item on the battling Pokemon, in which case the Exp. Share Pokemon will get what it should get, and the PO Pokemon will get boosted EVs.
1. For #2, when you refer to "Power Item", you meant Macho item EV bonus?

2. What does PO stand for?

Unrelated to EV questions

3. Is it possible (chance) for a Pokemon to have 0 IV to all stats or the game is program for minimum required IV spread?

1. For #2, when you refer to "Power Item", you meant Macho item EV bonus?

2. What does PO stand for?

Unrelated to EV questions

3. Is it possible (chance) for a Pokemon to have 0 IV to all stats or the game is program for minimum required IV spread?
1. Yeah, things like that, or the Power items (Power Weight, Power Anklet, etc), which work similarly.
2. The Pokemon that's currently Out.
3. Yes, it is possible.

Technically, yes.

For example, if an Electric Pokémon were to use Hidden Power Electric, that would be STABed. But, if you think about it, that would be rather silly. Hidden Power caps out at base 70, but moves such as ThunderBolt and Thunder are base power 95 and 120 respectively, and those moves are STABed as well.
This is occasionally relevant. For example, Mantine is Water/Flying and specially based but lacks Air Slash. STAB HP Flying is better than Air Cutter, so some Mantines do use it.

Patrick43 already answered, but I just want to add on to say that it's not necessarily for hacked pokemon only. You could always have a Gardevoir tracing Flash Fire and then skill swapping it to a baton passer, if you want to test it out. I do doubt that it is baton passable.

I have quite an odd question that I've been thinking about all day today, and since I just got home I don't feel like Google'ing for information, so might as well ask in here. Anyways, my question is this: would Hidden Power [Fire] be boosted/reduced by Sunny Day/Rain Dance (or Drought/Drizzle) or be boosted by STAB by the same typed HP user? I'm thinking no because Hidden Power still remains as a Normal-type move, so it wouldn't benefit from any of those things above, correct? I also believe Hidden Power can't be boosted by STAB with a Normal-type Pokemon using it because there is no Hidden Power "[Normal]", right?

Also, I know I asked this not too long ago in this section, but I have read up on a few articles here and there about using the Rotom Formes on Wi-Fi. Is it true that if you and your opponent both have Platinum versions that you can use any Rotom Appliance Forme on Wi-Fi without it reverting back to regular Rotom Forme (or even Skymin/Shaymin-S or Giratina-O)? If that is true and you can use them against other Platinum version owners, then it kind of reveals you have a Rotom Forme on your team if you ask for a battle with Platinum players only. (Only answer this if you have played against another Platinum player with your Platinum version and with a Rotom Appliance/Shaymin-S/Giratina-O Forme on Wi-Fi with it successfully maintaining it's forme/stats/appliance move. Also, please refrain from mentioning to me to use the AR code to play with a Rotom Forme on Wi-Fi; that is a unacceptable option for me.)

Thanks in advance to whoever can answer my questions. Also, when and/or if you do answer my questions, please elaborate on your answer to my questions with a brief description rather just saying "yes to that/no to that".

~ Aether Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)