Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Low kick is a HG\SS tutor move. And yes, as long as your Pokemon has been obtained legitimately, using a code to teach it a move won't make it a hack. I think that you don't even need to tell your opponent.
Unfortunately, as quick as people are to post in the "blacklist" thread, you'd BETTER tell them, or if they ever find out, they probably WILL blacklist you just because they can.

Just a warning...

There's a few more than 4.93 pokemon in OU. And if you meant 10% by some chance there's only 45 OU right now, not 49-50. Because this is a common question, I'll answer.

There is no set percentage cutoff for OU.
Pro tip for you: Don't make assumptions, as it, my mother once said, "makes an ass out of you and me".

I was not referring to the usage percentage cutoff. I was saying this:

Out of the 493 Pokemon that currently exist, the OU List consists of only less than 1% of the whole.

Sorry to make myself sound like an ass, but I felt the need to correct you.

Divide 45 by 493, you get 0.091278, so less than 1% of all existing Pokemon are in the OU list.

Pro tip for you: Don't make assumptions, as it, my mother once said, "makes an ass out of you and me".

I was not referring to the usage percentage cutoff. I was saying this:

Out of the 493 Pokemon that currently exist, the OU List consists of only less than 1% of the whole.

Sorry to make myself sound like an ass, but I felt the need to correct you.

Divide 45 by 493, you get 0.091278, so less than 1% of all existing Pokemon are in the OU list.
.09 is 9%. You move the decimal place two to the right. Multiply 4.93 (1%) by 100 and you get 493 (100%).

haunter

Banned deucer.
Unfortunately, as quick as people are to post in the "blacklist" thread, you'd BETTER tell them, or if they ever find out, they probably WILL blacklist you just because they can.

Just a warning...
Using the AR to teach the Pokemon a given move:
1) you're not altering the Pokemon's IVs or stats in any way;
2) as long as the move is legal on that Pokemon you're not giving it any unfair advantages;
3) there's no way to detect such an insignificant "hack".

I see really no reason to inform your opponent about something like that.

I just finished Ev training my growlithe, i followed the recommendations for the Physical move set, i went to sunnyshore and got the ribbon to make sure. Now my question is: can i/should i use an exp.share on my lvl 12 growlithe to quickly lvl him up and do i wait until growlithe learns flare blitz (lvl48) before evolving him to arcanine who learns extremespeed at 39?? What im thinking is lvl him up to 48, learn flare blitz and then use the fire stone, then tutor move extremespeed, will that work?

I just finished Ev training my growlithe, i followed the recommendations for the Physical move set, i went to sunnyshore and got the ribbon to make sure. Now my question is: can i/should i use an exp.share on my lvl 12 growlithe to quickly lvl him up and do i wait until growlithe learns flare blitz (lvl48) before evolving him to arcanine who learns extremespeed at 39?? What im thinking is lvl him up to 48, learn flare blitz and then use the fire stone, then tutor move extremespeed, will that work?
The best option would be to just level up your Growlithe to level 48, learn Flare Blitz, and then evolve it into an Arcanine and use a move tutor to learn extremespeed. There is nothing wrong with that (or at least, similar things worked with my Togekiss).

The best option would be to just level up your Growlithe to level 48, learn Flare Blitz, and then evolve it into an Arcanine and use a move tutor to learn extremespeed. There is nothing wrong with that (or at least, similar things worked with my Togekiss).
Thanks, can i do this quicker by exp. share on growlithe and challenging the poke league or will it mess up my EVs?

Yes, that will work. If you evolve Growlithe before it has learnt Flare Blitz then Arcanine can never get the move, while Extremespeed can indeed be had by move relearner (with a heart scale).

EDIT: Once your EVs are fully assigned (proven by having the Effort Ribbon), any more battles will not change them. The only thing that can change them is using EV-reducing berries.

Will it mess up my EVs?
If you gain EV's and you wish to remove them use berries listed below.
Each berry will remove 10 EV's of one of the stats.

Pomeg Berry - Reduces HP
Kelpsey Berry - Reduces Atk
Qulaot Berry - Reduces Def
Hondew Berry - Reduces Sp. Atk
Grepa Berry - Reduces Sp. Def
Tamato Berry - Reduces Speed

Yes, that will work. If you evolve Growlithe before it has learnt Flare Blitz then Arcanine can never get the move, while Extremespeed can indeed be had by move relearner (with a heart scale).

EDIT: Once your EVs are fully assigned (proven by having the Effort Ribbon), any more battles will not change them. The only thing that can change them is using EV-reducing berries.
ok thanks i just needed a confirmation before i started!

Is there any differince between Mimic and Mirror Move?
There is a difference. Mirror move copies the move used last by your opponent, if your opponent uses another move the following turn Mirror Move will turn into the move used last (eg. first turn your opponent uses Earthquake, so you Mirror Move will turn into Earthquake. The second turn your opponent uses Fire Blast, so Mirror Move will turn in into Fire Blast).

The move Mimic will be replaced by the move used last by you opponent but only with 5 PP. Mimic will stay that move untill the battle is done.

Thank you for your reply,

So let's say I mimiced EQ and I switch out, will Mimic still be EQ if I switch in later?

Just wondering if the RNG in HG/SS will be the same as the one for the rest of the 4th gen games? Or is there no way to know for sure yet?

From what I have heard it is the same basic RNG, however the methods to advance it are different (no journal flips), and some details are still uncertain.

im posting this here and not in Ruins of the Alph because it pertains to D/P/Pt and im sure to get a quicker answer here. How do i get pokemon from Yellow to D/P/Pt? And if its impossible, how come people on the GTS can request those 1st and 2nd generation pokemon? I thought that once you encounter or battle a pokemon wild or trained, you can request them in the GTS, but pokemon that you battle in the Battle Tower don't count!? why is this? how can i for example request a Zapdos , Moltres etc 1st generation legendaries?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
im posting this here and not in Ruins of the Alph because it pertains to D/P/Pt and im sure to get a quicker answer here. How do i get pokemon from Yellow to D/P/Pt? And if its impossible, how come people on the GTS can request those 1st and 2nd generation pokemon? I thought that once you encounter or battle a pokemon wild or trained, you can request them in the GTS, but pokemon that you battle in the Battle Tower don't count!? why is this? how can i for example request a Zapdos , Moltres etc 1st generation legendaries?
Because people can import those 1st and 2nd generation Pokémon from Pokémon FireRed and Pokémon LeafGreen .

ah i see thanks

... is there no other way to access these pokemon through the GTS some other way? with encounters through wi-fi battles or battle tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)