Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 21 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they really have the same status as OU, just put in BL to show that they are being tested
Not quite. OU Pokemon are those that have sufficient usage in the standard metagame - that is the definition of OU. BL Pokemon do NOT have enough usage to be considered OU, but have been considered too powerful for UU, and are thus banned from it, similarly to how Ubers are banned from standard.

Personally I would say no. The clause is on moves that are sure to increase evasion. If it covers Acupressure, then why doesn't it cover sand veil and snow cloak?

Personally I would say no. The clause is on moves that are sure to increase evasion. If it covers Acupressure, then why doesn't it cover sand veil and snow cloak?
Pretty much, this. In Wi-Fi, the rules on it may be different, but on Shoddy Battle, it doesn't break the clause (at least with how things stand right now).

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
My stance on it is that Acupressure does not violate Evasion Clause. Its not a forced boost compared with the likes of Double Team. In other words, one has no control over which stat is boosted. If evasion happened to be raised, so be it.

no walls

i have a full offensive team of just sweepers. my last time had some walls and i did a lot better than with my team of no walls. am i doing worst because this new team has no wallas or im just getting used to the new team?

i have a full offensive team of just sweepers. my last time had some walls and i did a lot better than with my team of no walls. am i doing worst because this new team has no wallas or im just getting used to the new team?
depends....might be a HO offense team.
Maybe it just sucks.
Maybe you must get better at that style of play.
Maybe you have worng natures/IVs/EVs/Items

Depends what sort of sweepers. With no walls, you'll have very few Pokemon that can switch into opposing attacks. Now with Heavy Offense the whole idea AIUI is that you DON'T switch; you take a turn to boost and then attack until you die. That requires certain types of Pokemon. If you take the sweepers on a typical bulky-offense or balance team, they won't do well in HO.

I'm building a Doubles Rain team, and I have a question.

If one Pokemon sets up Rain, then I switch in a Pokemon holding a Damp Rock, will Rain last 8 turns, or must the Pokemon that sets up Rain have a Damp Rock?

@Xilaa the one who cast the Rain should be holding the Damp Rock otherwise it'll last just regular instead of 8.

Hi, i'm just wondering how to give Froslass Confuse Ray. I'm wanting to give it Spikes and Confuse Ray, so far i know i have to breed Snorunt with Roselia for spikes but then .... hmm .... very lost.

Any help would be great, thanks! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)