Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to reset an evolution to get a wanted ability?
Say I have a yanma for instance, can i reset the game every time it evolves until it has speed boost for example, or is it predefined?

Is it possible to reset an evolution to get a wanted ability?
Say I have a yanma for instance, can i reset the game every time it evolves until it has speed boost for example, or is it predefined?
Ability is set by the pokemon's "class" (if you look at it in Pokesav) and will be the same even if you soft-reset.

A Pokemon MAY CHANGE its ability if you traded it from Gen III, and the new ability is GenIV-exclusive (e.g. Zigzagoon -> Linoone going from Pickup to Gluttony), but that's the only way, as far as I know.

For RNG purposes, what is the difference between Method J and Method 1? I'm trying to learn how to RNG, and I'm reading conflicting information - most guides say that all pokemon, wild or not, in D/P/HG/SS are created through Method 1 (whereas 2-4 are for RSEFRLG), but then the RNG Mechanics Guide says that legendaries like Dialga and Palkia are created through Method J?

Additionally, is there a reason Method J is not just called Method 5? Is it perhaps a subcategory of Method 1?
Most legendaries / fixed-position Pokemon are Method J. Method 1 pokemon are mostly ones that are just given to you, like fossils and various eggs given by NPCs. Roamers appear to be Method 1.

Read this part of the guide.

IIRC, the main practical difference between Method 1 and Method J is that Method 1 pokes can't have their natures synchronized--but please don't take my word for that.

Most legendaries / fixed-position Pokemon are Method J. Method 1 pokemon are mostly ones that are just given to you, like fossils and various eggs given by NPCs. Roamers appear to be Method 1.

Read this part of the guide.

IIRC, the main practical difference between Method 1 and Method J is that Method 1 pokes can't have their natures synchronized--but please don't take my word for that.
Thanks. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is something like this: are the PID creations and IV combinations that consequently result the same? I used X-Act's calculator on my Dialga a while back just to look at how it worked, and I found that Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are all labeled as "Method 1" when I input their IVs. I'm trying to figure out what IV combinations are possible to know what to shoot for.

I remember reading that pirated GBA Pokemon games get their files wiped when they try to communicate with a DS game. Are you sure your Emerald's a real copy?
I'm pretty sure that my Emerald's not a fake. I bought it for P500 ($10 equivalent). I don't trust the cartridge's color though. It's neon green. Does that mean anything? Because I also have Sapphire and it is black, like other cartridges. Sorry for very very late reply.

EDIT:
the emerald is fake, and the moment the DS tries to reach into the emerald's data (for the option to pal park) the data will be erased. Just play emerald in a GBA or make sure ou take it out before you start up pearl, else the saved file is lost. If you want to pal park, trade it to another legit game first, thats what I do with the fake saphire I got.
What did you mean by trade it to another legit game? Do I insert an original copy of whatever game then insert Emerald and play? Please answer, I'm getting worried of finishing Emerald which I am currently playing because I don't want to waste time.

I'm pretty sure that my Emerald's not a fake. I bought it for P500 ($10 equivalent). I don't trust the cartridge's color though. It's neon green. Does that mean anything? Because I also have Sapphire and it is black, like other cartridges. Sorry for very very late reply.

EDIT:

What did you mean by trade it to another legit game? Do I insert an original copy of whatever game then insert Emerald and play? Please answer, I'm getting worried of finishing Emerald which I am currently playing because I don't want to waste time.
What he meant by "trade it to a legit game" was to trade the pokemon from your fake cartridge (or whichever one keeps getting erased when you have it in the same DS as pearl) to a cartridge that doesn't get erased every time you have it in the same DS as pearl. By "legit game" he meant a game cartridge that wasn't a fake.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I'm trying to figure out if a pokemon created by Method J will have the same stat attributes as someone created by Method 1. This is predominantly to know what stats to shoot for, and I'm using X-Act's ID calculator to figure out what stat combinations are possible - but this only accounts for legendaries via Method 1...

It repeatedly recommends Low Kick in Weavile's analysis but it only has 60 base power against Blissey (120 SE), so why isn't Brick Break even mentioned anymore?

because blissey is the only thing that low kick hit for less damage, any other target you would be hitting with brick break will be hit harder by low kick.

My opponent's Dragonite uses Outrage as I switch in Bronzong. Bronzong gets hit pretty hard. My Bronzong then uses Protect. What happens to the Dragonite? Does his Outrage end in confusion? Does it end at all?

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
His outrage may end, but remember that outrage may last two turns or three. He will still become confused when Outrage ends.

My opponent's Dragonite uses Outrage as I switch in Bronzong. Bronzong gets hit pretty hard. My Bronzong then uses Protect. What happens to the Dragonite? Does his Outrage end in confusion? Does it end at all?
outrage can last 2 or 3 turns. if the outrage would have ended that turn then yes he become confused, if not then he continue the outrage next turn and get confuse after.

What Pokeémon would be good for receiving the ultimate Baton Pass chain and then sweeping in Ubers? I was considering Giratina-O most likely, or maybe something closer to Jirachi

And is Platinum Orb the same as Griseous Orb?

Is a Crobat with only Sleep Talk and Whirlwind still viable? I see it on the Adv analysis, and I can't think it would be anything that would make it less effective (greater variety of entry hazards, Choice Scarf, and sleep is as common as ever).

In HG/SS, is the Yellow Flute really on Route 12? I've been looking all over with the Dowsing MCHN and haven't found it. If it's there, can someone point me to exactly where it's hidden on that route?

Perfect counter to Scizor and Infernape?

So I'm designing a team to battle some friends, fully EV'trained. I know the leads for both and I want a lead that could possibly counter both.
First Friend's Lead:
Infernape @Focus Sash -Naive
Fake Out
Stealth Rock
Flamethrower
Grass Knot

Second Friend's (Anti-Lead)
Scizor @ Choice Band - Adamant
Bullet Punch
U-Turn
Pursuit
Brick Break

I'm using the OU list, barring Heatran, Azelf, Lati@s, and any other legendary.

Any ideas?

But I would also kinda like something to set up SR of my own...However, I will look into Gyarados....
Empoleon might work as well seeing that Infernape is missing Close Combat.
Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet will take out both while they cannot do the same in return.

How about Heatproof Bronzong: Hidden Power Fire, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball/Explosion/Hypnosis/Reflect/Light Screen. Standard Wall EVs. Will stop Scizor absolutely cold and 2HKOes Infernape while not being 2HKOed back.
What it CAN'T do is stop Infernape getting rocks up. If your team is SR weak, you may want to choose another lead or run a spinner.

The best way to deal with SporePunch Breloom is probably either an Insomnia / Vital Spirit user or a Sleep Talker. If it's already Spored something I guess you could switch in a fast Ghost with a fire-attack - Rotom-H is no good in WiFi but can be used in local wireless, or there's Hidden Power Fire Gengar (but HP Fire stops it reaching max speed, not that much outspeeds it anyway)

Infernape, maybe? It resists most of Scizor's attacks and is fast enough to roast it before it can do anything; and it resists most of Infernape's attacks, and you could give it Earthquake or Stone Edge for the mirror.

Or Dragonite; it can't be flinched by Infernape, and can hit both hard, finishing Infernape off with Extremespeed. The typical Anti Lead set has Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Earthquake and Extremespeed with Life Orb.

Empoleon's Speed is rather lackluster, so I can't really stop Infernape from setting up Rocks....
However, my main issues are the priority moves both have. I was kinda thinking about juggling around the idea of an Aerodactyl lead with Protect over Rock slide....thoughts?

How does mud affect capture rate in the Safari Zone?

Does it add to the capture rate, or multiply it? Does it affect the ball's capture rate? Since "Pokemon is beside itself with anger!" increases the capture rate without increasing the flee rate, is it possible that the capture rate increase isn't constant? And what about bait?

And a competitive question:
Does CB Scizor need to outrun anything specifically? It has 8 Speed EVs in the analysis and 248 HP, does it need to hit a specific HP number or Speed number? I was going to settle with one with a 30 HP IV and a 22 Speed IV, should I adjust the EVs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)