Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 23 (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
try net ball, its kick ass because it feel like bugs should be living inside instead, think how kyogre will feel living in the same room has spiders.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Okay, just one question. I know that the pokemon metagame has been altered in many ways. Pokemon that aren't part of the game (like in the CAP project) have been incorporated into the metagame, pokemon like giratina-O, shaymin-s, and the rotom forms, who are otherwise unable to go on wifi, were able to enter the metagame via action replay. And who could forget the biggest revolution in competetive gameplay (in my opinion, the creation of shoddy.

What is the point of all this you ask? Rather than banning pokemon from the metagame, what if we altered the pokemon in a different way to balance out the metagame?? Say, changing a pokemon's movepool for instance.

because shoddy is suppose to make a complete and 100% real copy of the real game, same movepools, same abilitys, same typing, same stats, if a poke is broken then just put him in ubers.

I got a quick question. In the RNG reporter (I'm doing this for HG), I used the time finder to get a good time for a shiny egg. It says that it is on frame 11. When I call Elm 10 times to verify my seed, since I've got all the roamers, will those calls to verify the seed get my frame to what I need?

EDIT: What I mean by "I've got all the roamers" is that they are all caught and no longer roaming.

Hey I'm trying to finish a team in Heartgold. I have

Feraligatr lvl 67
Aqua Tail
Crunch
Ice Fang/Ice Beam (can choose either)
Return

Arcanine lvl 67
Flamethrower
Iron Tail
Extremespeed
Toxic

Tyranitar lvl 69
Rock Polish
Crunch
Stone Edge
Earthquake

Gengar lvl 68
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Psychic

Electivire lvl 67
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt
Cross Chop
Hidden Power Grass

Im really up for any pokemon except ubers. Thanks everybody!

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, just one question. I know that the pokemon metagame has been altered in many ways. Pokemon that aren't part of the game (like in the CAP project) have been incorporated into the metagame, pokemon like giratina-O, shaymin-s, and the rotom forms, who are otherwise unable to go on wifi, were able to enter the metagame via action replay. And who could forget the biggest revolution in competetive gameplay (in my opinion, the creation of shoddy.

What is the point of all this you ask? Rather than banning pokemon from the metagame, what if we altered the pokemon in a different way to balance out the metagame?? Say, changing a pokemon's movepool for instance.
Giratina-o, Shaymin-s and the Rotom formes are in the games, Shoddy is a replication of wireless battles, where all these pokemon are available.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Giratina-o, Shaymin-s and the Rotom formes are in the games, Shoddy is a replication of wireless battles, where all these pokemon are available.
I'm not talking about the fact that they're in the game. I'm talking about how we've altered the game to allow them to be used in competetive battles (action replay). My point here is, we've already altered the game in so many ways. If people are so concerned about balancing out the metagame, why can't we change the movepools of certain pokemon to help balance things out??

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Can you use Fake Out after switching in?
Also, how does one reduce Life Orb recoil?
1. Yes
2. Reducing Life Orb damage in OU is a little bit pointless as you are only changing the damage loss by 1 or 2 HP. In LC however this is useful because of the drastically lowered HP. So in short you have to change the HP value to 19 instead of 20, because in Pokemon the damage rounds down, so you only take 1 damage from Life Orb instead of two. But still irrelevant to OU.

Are there any situations where Ice Beam should be used over Blizzard in Hail? If I use mono-attacking Jynx, I fear Blizzard running out of PP and ruining my sweep...same for Articuno...

If I use TrickScarf Froslass, should Destiny Bond be used?
Also, could Gengar be an effective lead?
1. It is up to personal preference, of course Ice Beam has more PP and is more reliable if Hail stops for some reason, but in general I think you will appreciate the power Blizzard provides.

hey how does sleep talk work in doubles? will it definitely attack an opponent or is there a chance of it attacking your partner?
According to Serebii, it hits the last Pokemon that attacked.

Can someone make a list of all pokemon that don't learn any egg moves. I know this might take some time but it would be much appreciated. e.g. Gyarados, Rotom, metagross.
Edit: Just remebered no legendaries or unbreedable pokemon.

Which comes first - healing from Aqua Ring / Ingrain, or damage from Sandstorm / Hail?
End of turn effects (1, 2, 3):

2.0 Wish: "pokemon's wish came true"

3.0 Hail, Rain, Sandstorm, or Sun message

6.0 Ingrain
6.1 Aqua Ring
6.2 Speed Boost, Shed Skin
6.3 Black Sludge, Leftovers: "pokémon restored a little HP using its leftovers"
So Yes, all that healing comes after Hail/Sandstorm damage.

Which comes first - healing from Aqua Ring / Ingrain, or damage from Sandstorm / Hail?
Weather damage first, then heal from leftovers, then Aqua Ring/Ingrain.
If heal came first, then Sandstorm and Hail would be easily nullified, so they made it this way I think.

On a similar note,
Can you use Fake Out after switching in?
Also, how does one reduce Life Orb recoil?
Aqua Ring or Ingrain alone easily reduces the recoil by more than half. Ingrain needs to be Baton Passed though, but together they completely negate the drawback and even heal you a little =D

Edit: Ninja'ed while on a toilet break XD

Can someone make a list of all pokemon that don't learn any egg moves. I know this might take some time but it would be much appreciated. e.g. Gyarados, Rotom, metagross.
Edit: Just remebered no legendaries or unbreedable pokemon.
Every genderless Pokemon except Shedinja (since Nincada has a gender and egg moves), the early bugs (Caterpie, Weedle etc), Magikarp, Tauros, Wynaut and their families. I'm pretty sure that's it.

I'm not talking about the fact that they're in the game. I'm talking about how we've altered the game to allow them to be used in competetive battles (action replay). My point here is, we've already altered the game in so many ways. If people are so concerned about balancing out the metagame, why can't we change the movepools of certain pokemon to help balance things out??
Altered formes are permitted on local battles (DS to DS). That is what we emulate, and this way we end up not altering the game in any manner.

And to put it as simply as possible as to why we don't alter pokemon themselves, "we wouldn't be playing pokemon anymore."

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Careful nature HP 248 DEF 172 SpDEF 90
Super Fang
Protect
Mean Look
Roost

Is this pokemon viable in a toxic spikes orientated team?

What is the point of running Focus Sash on Lead Aerodactyl? Nothing short of MM Metagross or Tyranitar can one shot him (he still gets rocks up). Isn't there a better item to suit him in the lead spot?

What is the point of running Focus Sash on Lead Aerodactyl? Nothing short of MM Metagross or Tyranitar can one shot him (he still gets rocks up). Isn't there a better item to suit him in the lead spot?
Aerodactyl is the fastest OU taunter available, the only non-banned poké to beat him being Electrode. He takes advantage of this to pull off a successful taunt on the opponent lead, rendering them unable to set up their Stealth Rock, while he puts up his on the next turn. That's all aerodactyl is meant to do. He only needs two turns to finish his business, and given his lousy defences, focus sash is the best item for him to use, as it will almost guarantee his success unless he get's spored to sleep, which is less likelier than being hit to death.

Choiced or explosive leads are not rare in the OU metagame, so it's best to play safe. It also saves you from those lucky critical hits.

focus sash lets you taunt leads then set up SR anyways. I'm pretty sure swampert ice beam would KO, as would azelf psychic, and machamp's moves., among others.

edit: beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)