Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

I'm european. If I get an Japanese Pokemon SoulSilver game and try to play it on my DS, will it run?

And more important:

With that japanese game, could I get the events that are on japan? Goon's Scizor, Giovanni's Celebi, etc. Or to do that I should be, literally, in Japan?

It may sound stupid, but someone told me that "if the game is from Japan, you can download their events. It doesn't go by region, but by game".
it goes by the game. and yes to every question.

Quick Q regarding mystery gifts: I know you can only have 3 downloaded at one time, but if you have collected the key item/pokemon/pokewalker course from the green delivery man in the pokemart, it's ok to delete the wondercard from the mystery gift menu, correct?

Quick Q regarding mystery gifts: I know you can only have 3 downloaded at one time, but if you have collected the key item/pokemon/pokewalker course from the green delivery man in the pokemart, it's ok to delete the wondercard from the mystery gift menu, correct?
Yes, it is.

just a small question which natures can be completely flawless? (31 IV into every stats)
i heard Expert Evan saying that is only 4, but i'm not sure which of them...

just a small question which natures can be completely flawless? (31 IV into every stats)
i heard Expert Evan saying that is only 4, but i'm not sure which of them...
Timid, Modest, Calm, and one of the neutral ones (forget which).

This only applies to Pokemon caught in the wild. Bred Pokemon, as well as Wondercard Pokemon, can have any nature/IV combination.

In HGSS, what Legends do respawn after beating E4?
Correct me if I've made any mistakes, but I'm pretty sure the complete list is:

Entei, Raikou, Suicune*, Ho-oh, Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Latios and Latias (this applies both to the roamer in your game and to the upcoming Enigma Stone event that makes the other of the pair available), Groudon, Kyogre (version-specific), Rayquaza, the red Gyarados at Lake of Rage, the Sudowoodo blocking Route 36, the Snorlax blocking Diglett's Cave**, and the Lapras in Union Cave every Friday***.

In short, basically every legendary and stationary Pokemon.

* If you defeat Suicune at Cerulean Cape, it will respawn in the Burned Tower after defeating the Elite Four again.

**I'm not COMPLETELY sure about this, as I just went ahead and caught it the first chance I had. Logic would dictate that it would respawn too, however, since pretty much every stationary overworld Pokemon + legendaries do as well.

***Lapras will respawn every Friday regardless of whether you capture or defeat it.

Some time ago I had this site with which you could quickly check for the type balance of your team by filling in the 6 pokemon the team was built out. You'd just fill their names in and optional ability and it would say to which types your team is weak.

Sadly, my pc has crashed and I cant find the site anymore. Does anyone know a site like this?

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
For the ability hustle the description says that it trades accuracy for power. Can someone confirm that its the attack STAT that gets boosted (x1.5?) and not the actual attack?....cause thats not very impressive
Actually, boosting an actual moves base power by 1.5x is the same as increasing the Pokemon's attack stat my 1.5x im pretty sure (correct me if im wrong). Thats why (random example) Lickylicky has the most powerful Explosion in the game, because it gets a 1.5x STAB on Explosion, where Pokemon like Metagross with substantially higher attack still have a weaker Explosion.

It boosts only the next Electric-type move used, doubling its power. And it gives you that Special Defense boost.

As for whether or not it works on Shoddy, I'm not sure...but I think I've seen it used before.

I need a Electric / Fire sweeper for my team...
Who can fit it best? Arcanine or Jolteon?

A friend said that Jolteon doesn't fit because I already have Weavile in.

What do you guys think?

Hello everybody! For calculating the speed of a pokemon with choice scarf, does it round up or down? A pokemon with 295 speed will have without rounding 442.5 speed. Will its actual speed be 442 or 443? thanks!

I'm trying to breed Eevees so that I can evolve them into Umbreon for their synchronize. I heard this will give a Poke a 50% chance of having the same nature as the Poke with synchronize.

1. Is this true?

2. What are the most common nature types I would need for Pokemon to use in the metagame.
If there's a Synchronizer at the start of the party, it'll make approximately 52% or so of the wild Pokémon that you encounter have the same nature as the Synchronizer. (50% chance of Synchronize forcing the Pokémon to the nature you want; 2% chance that the Synchronize fails but the Pokémon has the right nature by chance anyway.) It doesn't matter whether the Pokémon with Synchronize is healthy or fainted, just so long as they're in the first slot in your party.

Jolly, Timid, Adamant, Modest, Bold, Calm, Careful, and Impish are some of the most useful natures competitively, although a few others are used as well. Generally speaking, on anything but a mixed sweeper or a few very slow Pokémon, you're going to want a nature that reduces either Attack or Special Attack; what you increase is normally what the Pokémon in question is best at, or to cover a weakness. Many Pokémon also need to run max speed to outspeed various things; you can find good natures for particular Pokémon in their Strategy Pokédex entry.

Timid, Modest, Calm, and one of the neutral ones (forget which).
Docile, not that anybody cares.

Why are IVs changed often? Can't they just be 31 all around?

Also, what difference is it to use Chansey as a wall instead of the latter form, Blissey?

How long does it take to upgrade a Safari Zone area in HGSS?

Why are IVs changed often? Can't they just be 31 all around?

Also, what difference is it to use Chansey as a wall instead of the latter form, Blissey?

How long does it take to upgrade a Safari Zone area in HGSS?
Are you talking about in the Smogon sets? It's for things like magic HP numbers, etc.

and, Chansey has worse stats the Blissy.

Hey I've been breeding Horsea and have come across this one with the following IVs

Nature: Adamant
HP: 2
ATK: 31
DEF: 25
SPATK: 17(Irrelevant)
SPDEF: 31
SPE : 31

It's a dragon dance substitute Kingdra
-Outrage
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Substitute

Is it usable? I'm using it against someone primarily who hasnt EV trained or IV bred. But would like to take it on WiFi in the future. Could I just take some EV's from attack and put them in HP? Seeing as it has the max attack anyway, and DD would just boost this further

Also, do its defenses make up for the HP IV? Like is it better than one with 15/15/15 in HP/DEF/SPDEF?

Thanks!

If a pokemon tightens its focus because it used focus punch and you hit it with u-turn, does he still finish the move?

@Kaede11: No, it will lose focus and not hit.

EDIT:
@Eeveeate: 2/25/31 Kingdra takes hits almost exactly the same as 15/15/15. It takes special hits slightly better than 15/15/15. But it's going to be negligible difference in most cases ... assuming level 100. It's usable and you should just max attack EVs.

1) Does anybody have a successful Dragonite team? I'm trying to build one but not sure where to start.
2) Is Cresselia good on Wi-Fi? or even simulators? Seems like people pass it off as unusable in OU due to its Pursuit weakness, but it's got pretty great defense, and Reflect...I really want to use the flawless bold one I've RNGed, guess I'm just hoping that it's not as unusable as people say!

@ Eeveeate: I wouldn't settle for anything less than 31 in HP, Attack, and Speed and 25+ in both defenses, but I'm picky, so...
It usually takes a while but I kept these standards even before I had an AR and knew how to RNG so it's not impossible. Just make sure you have good parents for the eggs.

Is it possible to find a list showing the item and movesets of all battle tower pokemon for SS? If so, where can I find it?

Also, if substitute is up, can you still be taunted?

I remember a long time back on here there was a list of abilities for each pokemon with a "0" and possibly a "1" ability (to determine what ability leads to which one when evolved)

Is it possible to get a link for that? Many thanks and internets for anyone willing to post.

(p.s. the question is, will a tyrogue with guts turn into a hitmontop with technician?)

i need opinions.

im breeding for porygons and i got a modest porygon with the ability download. its IVs are 31 in HP, def, sp atk, and sp def. IVs of 0-1 in atk and 20-26 in speed.

im loving the 4 31s but the ability and speed IV are bugging me. if it had trace, i would be more likely to forgive a mediocre speed IV. i wanted it to be a porygon-2 but with download i think it would make a better porygon-z.

is it worth using/raising? anyone have any strategies given its ability and IVs?
thanks for the input guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)