Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
For those with European, North American, and Australian Gen IV games, a Jirachi is currently downloadable over Wi-Fi, from June 26 to July 16! It comes in a Cherish Ball with a Liechi Berry at level 5, and knows the moves Wish, Confusion, Rest, and Draco Meteor.

Does this have random or set ivs and nature? I'm assuming random. I'm not exactly familiar with how this all works, as I've never obtained anything from wonder card before.
You can Soft Reset it for any IV/Nature combination you want.

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
If a Mawile uses Stockpile three times getting a +3 boost in both defenses, Baton Passes the boosts to Flareon, then Flareon Baton Passes back to Mawile, can it Stockpile three times again to get a full +6 boosts in both defenses. I know the actual Stockpile stack is lost when Baton Passed, but it says that the defensive boosts are not.

For those with European, North American, and Australian Gen IV games, a Jirachi is currently downloadable over Wi-Fi, from June 26 to July 16! It comes in a Cherish Ball with a Liechi Berry at level 5, and knows the moves Wish, Confusion, Rest, and Draco Meteor.

Does this have random or set ivs and nature? I'm assuming random. I'm not exactly familiar with how this all works, as I've never obtained anything from wonder card before.
How do we download this Jirachi?

If a Mawile uses Stockpile three times getting a +3 boost in both defenses, Baton Passes the boosts to Flareon, then Flareon Baton Passes back to Mawile, can it Stockpile three times again to get a full +6 boosts in both defenses. I know the actual Stockpile stack is lost when Baton Passed, but it says that the defensive boosts are not.
If the stat modifiers stay (but the actual Stockpiles are lost), why wouldn't it work? ;D You can go +6/+6 with maximum Stockpiles!

How do we download this Jirachi?
After the title screen, you're always presented with options for Continue, New Game, etc.

One of these will be Mystery Gift.

Once you're in the Mystery Gift menu, choose "Get from Wi-Fi."

After the title screen, you're always presented with options for Continue, New Game, etc.

One of these will be Mystery Gift.

Once you're in the Mystery Gift menu, choose "Get from Wi-Fi."
I was thinking it was obtainable from Gamestop or something, but that giveaway had already happened. Thanks for the info! If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the news that Jirachi is being given away?

@Piccolo

Nothing on your team is all that fast, except your suicide lead. A fast revenge killer would be a good addition. You could even make it something with a Dark-type move to handle Rotom. Since you are also fairly weak to Salamence/Dragonite right now, you might consider Weavile to cover all of the above. A Choice Band Ice Shard will OHKO even a max/max Dragonite after Stealth Rock, so Salamence has no chance. Night Slash will also OHKO most builds of Rotom-A. This would further allow you to surprise him by having two Pursuit users. And yet still, Low Kick will deal significant damage to many of the bulky Steel-types you expect him to use (and you could even swap it for Brick Break if you think he will use screens).
Thank you for replying, Loquitur!

Weavile has always been risky to run since Platinum came out. As we all know, Scizor will kill Weavile like it was nothing. If I were to use the wrong Dark move, then Rotom would either escape me or kill Weavile as well.

>_>; Plus, Weavile can only come in when something on my team dies. I don't want to see that.

However, the term "revenge killer" does inspire me to think about running Scarfed Jirachi. ;D Takes half from Draco Meteor and U-Turn on the expected switch-in. Thanks for the advice! ;)

Simple question: Do the metrics for last month's shoddy statistics come out on a certain date? Or is it whenever the moderator gets around to it?

Who, besides Azelf, is a good duel screening lead for OU?
Uxie and Jirachi can pull it off, but because of their lower speed relative to Azelf, they can be taunted. They're much bulkier though and have the potential to come back in for a second round of screens. There are plenty of other Pokemon who can pull off the job, seeing as those moves aren't very exclusive.

@Black Rose

I EV train by surfing in front of Mt Mortar. All Goldeen and Seaking, which give attack EVs.

I have an Adamant Gyarados, 100 EVs in attack, and 120 in Speed (it hits the same speed as 88 EVs with a perfect IV) to DD/Bounce/Waterfall.....

I was planning on going 252 HP and 36 SDef, but wouldi bebetter to give more of those EVs to SDef? Or split them and go 144 Def and SDef?

Also, I like TWave, is taunt necessary for the last moveslot?

Testing out Gengar lead:

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 4Hp 252Spe 252Sp.Atk
Moves:

Trick
Destiny Bond
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast/Taunt/ Hidden Power [Fire]

This lead fares well with todays lead. Trick is for crippling more defensive leads like Swampert and Hippowdon. Destiny bond is for when you think your opponent can OHKO you right off the bat. Shadow ball is a decent attack with good STAB. And is useful for chipping away at leads. The last move is where I need help with. Focus blast gets perfect coverage, taunt is an extra precaution if you lost your scarf and hp fire is for roasting scizor. I am having pretty good results with this set and to me this is suicide at its best. Anyways, are there suggestions for the fourth moveslot and how to make this set better?

Supporting an Aerodactyl lead is hard. Is it even worth supporting it? Should I just let it "truly" be a suicide lead?

two things

does anyone know where i an find someone with a spare poke with pokerus?

and where can i go to find a person who can do the battle frontier with me?

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I have a question regarding the messages that appear on a Pokemon's status screen that relate to IVs ("Likes to thrash about", "Alert to sounds", etc). This message relates to your highest stat, but when a Pokemon has multiple 31 IVs, say in Speed and Attack, which message is displayed?

Is there any method or pattern here? Or is it random?

okay I know I'm being lazy, but what do i have to do to get Kyogre to appear in HG I can't get Mr Pokemon to give me the blue orb. He keeps talking about the kimono girls.

Have you gotten all 16 gym badges AND beaten Red? If not, you might want to do that :toast:. Also make sure that you get both the Hoenn and the Kanto starter (That is if doing JUST the Kanto starter didn't work.)

In HGSS, what Legends do respawn after beating E4?
All legendaries respawn after beating the E4. Some non-legendaries (Including the Shiny Gyarados and Lapras in Lake of Rage and Union Cave) will also respawn. This also includes the mobile legends such as Entei and Raikou.

Question: What is the correlation between nature and the characteristics (i.e. Hates to lose.)

Shroomisaur:

For the purposes of the Trainer Memo message, if more than one Individual Value is the highest, the first Individual Value among them in the order of HP, Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, and Special Defense is chosen. For example, if the Pokemon has Speed and Special Attack IVs of 31, then the message "Alert to sounds" (Speed) is used, not the message "Mischievous" (Special Attack).

I'm looking for a good lead to support a Raikou/Suicune duo with SR. Both will be setting up CM to sweep. Gengar and Scizor are looking at supporting them at the moment. Was thinking maybe Aerodactyl, what do you guys think?

I noticed that the Milotic analysis recommends 8 speed evs to outspeed max speed base 50s like Aggron and Azumarill, but I plan on using mine in OU, where there is not a single base 50 speed pokemon. Would it be silly and paranoid of me to still use 8 speed evs on Milotic when my chances of seeing these threats are low to none... is using my spare point and one defensive point for 200 speed a good or bad choice?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)