Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

BandAzelf
ScarfScizor
Porygon2
Heatran
CM Wish Jirachi

I have been using a Gyarados, but due to the nature of often times letting SR get up, I'd like to get a different set-up sweeper with some defense...TTar's Sandstream hurts Azelf, but if it gets hit it dies anyway. Will SS hurt Pory2's bulk too much or should I got for it anyway?

I have sreached a while, but is it heres some kind of "report" button? That thing you can report to Moderators of spamming etc.

Questions! Why is it legal to use the Pomeg glitch yet it's still illegal to use the Ditto/Berserk Gene/Rage glitch?

For a Belly Drum Aqua Jet Azumarill, what should I use as the other 2 moves? I don't care at all if you say it's illegal. I was thinking Substitute and Ice Punch or Focus Punch
You can take this illegal crap to Gamespot/GameFAQs or something
Use idiot things like Belly Drum+Aqua Jet Azumarill, will get you blacklisted, and eventually banned. And we will have one less cheater on smogon
I am just warning you alright, if you dont like smogon. Dont log on, abide by the rules, and you will play pokemon like it is supposed too

haunter

Banned deucer.
I have sreached a while, but is it heres some kind of "report" button? That thing you can report to Moderators of spamming etc.
there's not such a button, you can just send a PM to a moderator and report them people who break the rules, though.

I just fought someone with a Rotom Forme on Wifi. I thought they weren't able to go on WiFi? What changed/how did he do it?
In HG/ SS ,when you get Rotom, you can take it to Silph Co. in Saffron City (put him first in your party). Rotom will activate the lift, which will take you to a room where you can change his form. Unlike D/ P/ Pt this doesn't require a Give Away Secret Key.

I know that. I did that. But whenever I take him on WiFI he converts to regular ROtom. The book there also says you can't bring him over WiFi without having him convert back.

Therefore, I'd like to know how people are doing it? o.O

I know that. I did that. But whenever I take him on WiFI he converts to regular ROtom. The book there also says you can't bring him over WiFi without having him convert back.

Therefore, I'd like to know how people are doing it? o.O
That's because one of you isn't using a HG/ SS/ Pt version. Since Rotom-a doesn't excist in D/ P you can not use it in that game.

That's pretty huge information.

I have a Rotom Forme myself but I gave up on it because of the WiFi restriction.

Now I can use it again. <3 At least, against those using HG/SS/PT. :)

I need to apologize because after further research I discovered that Rotom forms are indeed unusable on wifi without an AR code.

I am trying to use RNG abuse to catch a near flawless Azelf on Platinum, but appear to be having problems with my target frame. The target frame for my spread and seed is 237. According to the RNG abuse guide Azelf has a monster frame of 1 and my only wandering poke is Mesprit. This leaves me with 235 required frame advancements, or 115 journal flips and 128 steps with 5 poke's in my party. After hitting my seed I performed these actions and caught Azelf but did not get the nature and IVs that I wanted so I checked which frame I hit using RNG Reporter.

The frame I actually hit was 244. So I tried to do some testing to see if this was a repeating and predictable difference. Without trying to hit my seed I simply SR, flip through a constant number of journal pages, capture Azelf, and then check the frame that was hit. Note that the date, time, and number of journal flips does not change between tests. However, the frame that I am hitting is constantly changing. I've read that your starting frame can change depending on your situation. Is that the case here, and if so can I expect the same 237 to 244 offset when I do hit my seed?

Much appreciated!

I am trying to use RNG abuse to catch a near flawless Azelf on Platinum, but appear to be having problems with my target frame. The target frame for my spread and seed is 237. According to the RNG abuse guide Azelf has a monster frame of 1 and my only wandering poke is Mesprit. This leaves me with 235 required frame advancements, or 115 journal flips and 128 steps with 5 poke's in my party. After hitting my seed I performed these actions and caught Azelf but did not get the nature and IVs that I wanted so I checked which frame I hit using RNG Reporter.

The frame I actually hit was 244. So I tried to do some testing to see if this was a repeating and predictable difference. Without trying to hit my seed I simply SR, flip through a constant number of journal pages, capture Azelf, and then check the frame that was hit. Note that the date, time, and number of journal flips does not change between tests. However, the frame that I am hitting is constantly changing. I've read that your starting frame can change depending on your situation. Is that the case here, and if so can I expect the same 237 to 244 offset when I do hit my seed?

Much appreciated!
It sounds like you're trying to do the RNG search with the wrong method. I strongly suspect that 237 is Azelf's Method 1 frame for that spread, but Azelf is actually a method J. Try to search for the seed again using Method J and you'll probably find that the time/delay is the same, but the frame is different, and that's what's accounting for you hitting the "wrong" frame. You'll probably need a Synchronizer of the nature you want the Azelf to be.

(I have first-hand experience of this, after accidentally choosing Method 1 rather than method K for a Kyogre, and hitting the "wrong" frame consistently.)

What would be the best EV spread on a Modest Choice Specs Kyogre with 252 in SpAtk?
Kyogre's role is to set up rain, and then act as a revenge killer for the remainder (of course, setting up rain again when needed). For now forget the other team members. I've read in another RMT that 220 HP/36 Speed is a good spread (outspeeding standard Ho-Oh) but I want to make sure before finalising. Thanks =]

It sounds like you're trying to do the RNG search with the wrong method. I strongly suspect that 237 is Azelf's Method 1 frame for that spread, but Azelf is actually a method J. Try to search for the seed again using Method J and you'll probably find that the time/delay is the same, but the frame is different, and that's what's accounting for you hitting the "wrong" frame. You'll probably need a Synchronizer of the nature you want the Azelf to be.

(I have first-hand experience of this, after accidentally choosing Method 1 rather than method K for a Kyogre, and hitting the "wrong" frame consistently.)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure I had the method set to J but I will double check it later. And according to rng reporter I don't need a synch to get a naive nature with the spread I want ;)

Is the move Attract competitively viable at all?
I remember using it with some degree of success in RSE with Thunder Wave + Confuse Ray.
Attract is often a waste of a moveslot and since it only attract the opposing gender it's also not that reliable. I can see it having some success on a somewhat bulkier pokemon with Toxic and entry hazard support.

it work better on lower tiers because you often see shit like metagross and azelf/aero(taunt) on the top of the ranks, all who dont fear falling in love. besides that the move itself is not reliable because you need to have some luck.

i did stalled a team with attract milotic to death once though.

how you think i stalled in the first place? i never run male milotic anyway. like i said this only work against noob teams, high ranked ones will have little problems in dealing with attract.

Question: If I have 2 perfect IV'ed pokemon and they make an egg, is it guarenteed that the baby will have perfect IV's?

Question: What is RNG? Do you need an R4 card to use it?

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Question: If I have 2 perfect IV'ed pokemon and they make an egg, is it guarenteed that the baby will have perfect IV's?

Question: What is RNG? Do you need an R4 card to use it?
To the first question, no. You need to RNG abuse to get a perfect egg. To the second, RNG means random number generator, shorthand for the random number generator in pokemon games. Abuse of it allows the player to get shiny/perfect pokemon without hacking. RNG is entirely done in-game, so you don't need an R4 card. To read more about it, visit this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52180.

As for my question, can pursuit crit if it's used on a fleeing pokemon? Please tell me if this should be in the research thread.

You can take this illegal crap to Gamespot/GameFAQs or something
Use idiot things like Belly Drum+Aqua Jet Azumarill, will get you blacklisted, and eventually banned. And we will have one less cheater on smogon
I am just warning you alright, if you dont like smogon. Dont log on, abide by the rules, and you will play pokemon like it is supposed too
I hope you're not trying to intimidate me. It's impossible to use Belly Drum and Aqua Jet on Azumarill on things like Shoddy anyways, but it doesn't make any sense why you couldn't use that when you can use Extremespeed on Zigzagoon which is only possible through a glitch. "Learn to grammar" by the way

I have to ask this, because I am curious.

Why was there a guy here who said, don't use a Belly Drum+Aqua Jet, Azumarill? That he would be ban?

And what is this about a Pomeg glitch and some Berzerk Ditto glitch?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)