Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Basically, you're just fueling stupidity. You're saying that those idiots would ban Scizor before Kyogre? By that horrendous claim, it's obvious that what they are in desperate need of is a proper tiering system. I think Smogon is a pretty cool guy. He enforces a reasonable tiering system and doesn't afraid of anything
The man simply wants to make his own custom ruleset for his own private server to use with people who don't want to play Smogon's meta. Asking for help setting that up is a perfectly reasonable request and does not warrant that kind of attitude.

I can't stand Smogon's tiering or game rules either for a number of reasons, the most significant of which being that I primarily play double battles, and a lot of the existing rules and bans make absolutely no sense in that format at all. Smogon OU is not a one-size-fits-all solution and does not claim to be such.

If i use imprison before my opponent and they try to use a move that i have, will there be a taunt effect and will the move fail, or do the effects of imprison start the turn after it is used?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
On a team of
-Skarmory
-Gyarados
-Rotom-h
-Heatran
-Snorlax
-Breloom

It's a decent team and I want to make a wifi team. My question is, what should I replace rotom-h with?
Atm I'm using the defensive set with t-bolt, overheat, reflect and shadow ball. Any help would be good thanks :)
As it seems you need it as a spin blocker try Dusknoir or maybe Spiritomb

Actually, if I used a Tropius in my doubles team, I could take NO damage from Earthquake and use Tailwind to support my team.
Experience shows Tailwind works better in doubles anyways.
How does that stack up, Chlorophyll and Tailwind?

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Actually, if I used a Tropius in my doubles team, I could take NO damage from Earthquake and use Tailwind to support my team.
Experience shows Tailwind works better in doubles anyways.
How does that stack up, Chlorophyll and Tailwind?
easy you get a 4x boost in speed lol

I made a thread for people to post recent happenings in their Generation IV games. Why was it deleted?!
It probably served no competitive purpose. Not to mention, it would probably be dull since the games are programmed by other humans and we would likely have similar experiences playing our own games, in which case sharing would be somewhat pointless.

A nice day you have.

Can someone confirm that the Perish Trapping strategy outlined in the Mismagius analysis works in Wi-Fi battling? It seems like it might be a Shoddy glitch, because it doesn't fit with the definition of Perish Song.

Can someone confirm that the Perish Trapping strategy outlined in the Mismagius analysis works in Wi-Fi battling? It seems like it might be a Shoddy glitch, because it doesn't fit with the definition of Perish Song.
Can you explain by what you mean by "doesn't fit the definition of Perish Song?"

Anyway, if you want to see Perish Trap Mismagius in action, here's a battle of a Perish Trapping Mismagius in Pokémon Battle Revolution. The strategy works.

Part 1
Part 2

If the attacking pokemon switched out, wouldn't it end the perish count?
That's the point of Mean Look; to prevent switch outs.

On the turn that both of you are slated to wither and decease, you switch out. Since you're still trapping them on the move turn, the opponent cant select to switch out when you do.

Multiple questions!

1) What is the Limbo tier for? Is it for temporary placement when a Pokémon is added to the game before tiering is decided?

2) Will the same tiering system be used for generation 5? (Uber, OU, UU, NU)

3) Which Pokémon is most zombie like?
  • Muk (looks rather zombified, Pokédex entries mention degeneration, infection, and decaying) [1.5 vote(s)]
  • Marowak (is holding a bone and wearing a skull, a dead one haunts Lavender Tower, Marowak graveyard)
  • Banette (is undead)
  • Froslass (legend has it that she also undead)
  • Kabutops (is reanimated by science)
  • Armaldo (is also reanimated by science)
  • Parasect (Pokédex entries mention being brainwashed, and being toxic) [2 vote(s)]
Now that I looked into it, I'm leaning towards Muk, although I do prefer Marowak... regardless, if I missed any feel free to tell me, as long as they aren't: Aerodactyl, Cradily, Bastiodon, Rampardos, Omastar, Gengar, Sableye, Spiritomb, Mismagius, Dusknoir

I'll keep track of people's opinions: Shining Kestral, Fatecrashers, BuddyBlueBomber

The list for IVs for babies in the smogon breeding guide shows values for pokemon hatching at level five, since the new gen hatches them at one, does it still apply or is it no longer applicable?

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does Magic Coat have any use on Milotic? What about Psych Up?
Magic Coat and Psych Up are both moves that are not usually seen on Pokemon because their usefulness is too situational. Worst case scenario you have wasted a moveslot. Milotic doesn't really mind status anyway so Magic Coat's not that useful on it, if you want to counter set-uppers then Milotic gets Haze which is much more reliable than Psych Up.

I received an egg in a trade. When it hatches, it shows the shiny sprite. When I check it again, it has a normal sprite. Is this possible legally? Is this a glitch? Maybe something to do with the trade, like shiny manaphy?

@Haunter: Small question, what are those gym badges under your name for?
Just curious.
And while I'm at it, why does everyone have either a green or gray dot in the corner of their text boxes?

Edit: Oh, and on a completely different subject, why does a lot of "good" Pokemon (like Lapras, Espeon, and Regice) are in the NU?

Edit x2: Ugh...I have got to stop changing my text boxes...
Anyway, you know how Pokemon like Heracross has a "weakness" to SR even though it should hit them neutrally. Would someone mind clarifying that?

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The badges underneath a users name signify various acomplishments a user has on Smogon, such as being Smogon staff or a Tiering contributor. They allow various privileges such as rating threads.

Dot=green: online
Dot=grey:offline

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Haunter: Small question, what are those gym badges under your name for?
Just curious.

If you hover your mouse over each badge you can see a description of what they are for

And while I'm at it, why does everyone have either a green or gray dot in the corner of their text boxes?

This shows if they are online or not

Edit: Oh, and on a completely different subject, why does a lot of "good" Pokemon (like Lapras, Espeon, and Regice) are in the NU?

They are generally outclassed and weak to common things in OU, Lapras and Regice are Stealth Rock weak, while Espeon is Pursuit weak and has poor movepool. Read each Pokemon's analysis for more info

Edit x2: Ugh...I have got to stop changing my text boxes...
Anyway, you know how Pokemon like Heracross has a "weakness" to SR even though it should hit them neutrally. Would someone mind clarifying that?

Heracross generally equips either a Choice Scarf or a Choice Band so it needs to switch around a lot to be able to switch its moves, the SR damage therefore builds up quickly

I received an egg in a trade. When it hatches, it shows the shiny sprite. When I check it again, it has a normal sprite. Is this possible legally? Is this a glitch? Maybe something to do with the trade, like shiny manaphy?
It's possible, but I forget how exactly. I think it happens if it *would* have been shiny on the game the egg originated from.

I was EV Training today and I forgot to take the HP Power Item off when I switched over to Attack EV's.

I battled 1 Machop with the HP Power Item and I also have PokeRus. How many EV's did I gain and what stat are they in. I want to use the Berries to fix it, however I am not sure what EV's I gained?

I was EV Training today and I forgot to take the HP Power Item off when I switched over to Attack EV's.

I battled 1 Machop with the HP Power Item and I also have PokeRus. How many EV's did I gain and what stat are they in. I want to use the Berries to fix it, however I am not sure what EV's I gained?
You gained 8 HP EVs and 2 Atk EVs. However, if you already had 255 HP EVs, you gained only 2 Atk EVs. Keep in mind when using a berry to reduce EVs, the first berry reduces your EV count in a particular stat to 100 if the amount is above 100, after that each berry reduces it by 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)