Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Since I don't know what else to do with my timer, I'm thinking of starting a new project. Any ideas?

I was thinking that I could create a program to calculate how to efficiently invest defense/HP EVs. You would put in how many you are putting towards them, the IV's, nature and base stats of whatever you were working with and it would tell you how many to invest to optimize it's 'bulkiness.' Would anyone be interested in this?

It would be a download since I have no site to host it on.

Also, any other ideas?

Thanks.

@Hutch3: Did you try using the code?
[IMG]http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee446/hutch379/Photoon2010-12-09at2214.jpg
Well.. there ya go.

What'd be the best 4th move for a Rock Polish Donphan (adamant)? The first three are naturally Rock Polish, EQ and Stone Edge. My Donphan got the Ice Shard, not that great for this set but it could have some use. Though I think that Seed Bomb would work best.
Will mainly be used in UU btw.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I use the
and it still gives me the little blue question mark. Is that the code you were talking about or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I put it in using this
[CODE]
[noparse][IMG]http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee446/hutch379/Photoon2010-12-09at2214.jpg
[/noparse]
[/CODE]

well let's see if that works of it it's just my computer/internet that for some reason won't show it...

Edit: haha, it works!! Thank you very much!!!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Since I don't know what else to do with my timer, I'm thinking of starting a new project. Any ideas?

I was thinking that I could create a program to calculate how to efficiently invest defense/HP EVs. You would put in how many you are putting towards them, the IV's, nature and base stats of whatever you were working with and it would tell you how many to invest to optimize it's 'bulkiness.' Would anyone be interested in this?
Do you mean this sort of thing?

What'd be the best 4th move for a Rock Polish Donphan (adamant)? The first three are naturally Rock Polish, EQ and Stone Edge. My Donphan got the Ice Shard, not that great for this set but it could have some use. Though I think that Seed Bomb would work best.
Will mainly be used in UU btw.
Assurance is always a good idea on Donphan, because Ghost-types are frequent switch-ins. Alternatively, Seed Bomb. However, Rock Polish is always risky because of its poor coverage and base stats.

Will a 'one under' speed Pokémon be able to Mean Look a roamer before it runs away?
No.

I think I know the answer to this already but if something like Skarmory uses Roost and I want to take advantage of it losing the Flying type is this impossible if I'm faster?

For example, I choose a Fighting attack, hit it first and then it Roosts on the same turn. Because I've hit first my attack doesn't end up being Super Effective. I guess the secondary effect of Roost stops at the end of that turn right? So I couldn't then hit it before it attacks on the second turn for double damage...

Does a 'Synchronizer' work with roamers like Lati@s, leaving the Pokémon Fan Club after obtaining the Poké Doll and setting the IV+Nature?

You're correct. If you're faster there's no way to take advantage of the typing loss.
Thanks for the clarification :)

One more quick question:

Do moves that affect status only affect you during Shadow Forces "invincible" turn? I know you can be put to sleep but what about other things? Also, if the enemy uses a move like Whirlwind will it force you to switch or fail?

Is there a list of Pokemon that are obtainable before the E4 in HGSS without trading, swarms etc? I want to start over with a different team, but searching through the Pokedex and checking all locations and conditions is tedious.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@nan0: No...Just take the Johto Pokedex & omit the following lines: Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Elekid (If you don't have a Pokewalker), Houndour, Slugma, Sneasel, Poygon, Chansey, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Event Legendaries, Version Exclusives, & the mentioned Pokemon's evolutions. I think I got everything...

@Tony_M_W: Assuming 252 Speed EV's, 31 Speed IV's & a +Speed nature, Weavile has 194, Jolteon has 200, Aerodactyl has 200, & Crobat has 200.

@SteveBob: Whirlwind will fail unless the opponent has used Mind Reader/Lock-On or has No Guard as an ability.

How big of an impact in battle for having Def 6 IV on Metagross compared to 31?
It is not a massive impact since Metagross is naturaly bulky. But since Metagross does not have great hp you really should get a Metagross with at least a 28+ IV in defense.

I have a quick question. I just battled this guy named Luma on PO, and I used Rest on my Suicune. Afterwards, he spored my Jirachi and it wasn't prevented...and Sleep Clause clearly says your opponent may not put two or more pokemon on your team to sleep, unless you yourself do so after the first pokemon is asleep. How did this occur? Did the sleep clause change while I was away? Or was sleep clause not in effect when I battled him...

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Sleep Clause is that the two or more of your Pokemon can not be asleep because of a move made by your opponent at the same time (more or less). Because you used Rest, it does not count. Or Sleep Clause was not in effect.

Hi, maybe in this question I'll sound like a noob. Hypnosis and Nasty Plot on Crobat is impossible and illegal correct? Crobat learns Hypnosis through Noctowl and Nasty Plot is learned through Honchkrow, correct? And neither of these two can learn either of their breeded moves. NPBat is really sweet though, decimating almost half of the OU Tier with +2 and blazing speed. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)