Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

I'm attempting to build a team. I'd like a list of the top 25 most commonly used pokemon on shoddy today. Is there such a list? Would I be able to find a list? Also is there a place on here where I can find out the proper IVs to get the proper Hidden Powers on legendary pokes?

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just recently uninstalled Shoddy due to the "unable to launch" error, but I deleted the .jnlp file a while ago and can't access shoddybattle.com. Is there anywhere else I can find it? I've exhausted myself on random sites from Google that claim to host the file.

EDIT: yea, the program just plain doesn't want to work. still getting that stupid "unable to launch the application" error.

Here are the details, if it helps any:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.jnlp
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://shoddybattle.com/client/shoddybattle.jnlp
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The jnlp points to more files on shoddybattle.com so downloading from some random site won't work. You'll have to figure out why you can't access shoddybattle.com (e.g. see the sticky)

since NP celebi can be any nature, will it be proggramed into shoddy soon? Or does it get stuck in the category of no more updating shoddy 1?

SJCrew

I looked through the thread and followed all of the advice (checking for Trojans, changing the DNS, etc.), but no success. I've been playing Shoddy for ages with no problem. How is this happening all of the sudden?

I was wondering why I cannot log into Shoddy. For this Comp. I use a wireless USB, that connects to a router for internet connection. I can open the program fine, and edit my team regularly, but after I log in my Username and password (both correct) I click the "Log In" Button, but it doesn't do anything...

I was wondering maybe someone knew what was wrong, thanks.
I was wondering if anyone knew. In addition, for some reason I the above problem only happens for the Smogon server, i can log into any other server fine..

Thanks to anyone in advance

I've been trying to change my sprite package from the default D/P to Platinum (I have all the Platinum sprites saved on my computer and I'd like to just switch them in). However, I can't find where the Shoddy Battle sprites are stored on my drive. Where are they located within the Shoddy Battle program, or are they somewhere else? Thanks to whoever has a solution to my problem.
reposting because it's been almost two weeks and I haven't had a response

Question: does Shoddy1 (or Shoddy2) have the capability of auto-leveling Pokemon? Or would it just be a kind of ban thing where, if a Lv. 50 rule was in place, teams with Pokemon above Lv. 50 would be disallowed?

If auto-leveling IS possible in Shoddy, is it possible for it to be Pokemon-specific, that is, say, Scizor is auto-leveled to Lv. 100, but Giratina is auto-leveled to Lv. 80?

Shoddy 1 does, yes; the Little Cup clause auto-levels to Level 5. It's possible to implement other levels on your own server -- for example, some servers have Medium Cup (Level 50). An algorithm also exists for levelling Pokémon; the clause is called Level Balance. Hover over Level Balance in the clause list to read an explanation. If you want to change how these work, you'll have to implement them in your own server.

Deep Thought: Follow the instructions here.

Shoddy 1 does, yes; the Little Cup clause auto-levels to Level 5. It's possible to implement other levels on your own server -- for example, some servers have Medium Cup (Level 50). An algorithm also exists for levelling Pokémon; the clause is called Level Balance. Hover over Level Balance in the clause list to read an explanation. If you want to change how these work, you'll have to implement them in your own server.
Thanks!

User 43539

Banned deucer.
I have an HP laptop I just got that seems pretty new. I wanted to download Shoddy battle, but a screen pops up saying that this isnt from a valid digital signature that verifies its signature. Is it safe to download?

SJCrew

I've been looking over the net the past few days to try and discover a way to beat this error with Shoddy not opening and the client website redirecting. It seems as though there are quite a number of people with this problem, and from what I've seen, none of them know how to solve it. I've done many scans with multiple anti-virus programs and no matter how many times I wipe my system clean, the situation does not change.

I'm starting to wonder why exactly shoddybattle.com in specific refuses to work and how so many people seem to be encountering the very same issue. Colin seems to insist there's no problem with the client or website, just with the people trying to access it. Is there really a trojan out there that blocks only the Shoddy site and no anti-virus program can detect? It's a bit incredulous, to say the least.

@SJCrew - Check your hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts). Find anything with ShoddyBattle in it. If theres nothing, try another PC on the network.

SJCrew

I click on hosts and it brings up a list of programs, but Shoddy isn't there. I changed the drop down to "All Programs", then clicked on the .jnlp file, but nothing happened. Does any of that sound about right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)