Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (Mark 3)

Yeah, there aren't many people on the ladder at one given time, so it will take awhile to find a match. It's still the best place. Hopefully this will improve in the future. I know the Little Cup people work tirelessly on getting their game established (analyses, articles, tournaments).

rapid spin with no target

If my opponent uses explosion and faints before I have a chance to use rapid spin, should it succeed?

I think it should succeed, but I always get the message that there is no target.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You opponent is gone. There is no target. Hence Rapid Spin fails. This is how it works in the game and this is how it works on Shoddy.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think I've found a temporary solution to this problem that will, at the very least, allow me to play Shoddy at home. Since this problem only occurs at my household, I can log on at my school or a local cafe where both the website and the program run perfectly fine. If I play there for a while, it will load all the resources it needs from the Shoddy site so that they'll be available when I go home.

Here's the trick: the program still tries to connect to shoddybattle.com at my house upon startup, which doesn't work. To dodge this issue, I disable my wireless adapter prior to starting up the program, and to my surprise, it works, but without the server list (not important, since I can still connect via Advanced options).

However, this solution is only temporary and still a bit irritating. Since my computer can connect at other places, I think it's my router that has the issue. Maybe this trojan only affects my home connection, or hasn't had the chance to spread to other places, but in all likelihood, I may have to contact my ISP or replace the router.

Just thought I might share that for others who are experiencing these same issues. In all honesty, my original intention was to ask about the Shoddy sprites. Quite frankly, the HG/SS sprites are mostly terrible and there are only a select few I like. Is there any way I get the old ones back? I don't see any site on the web hosting the files.

EDIT: Oh wow, I had a backup folder with the old sprites that I totally forgot about. Lucky me.

@SJCrew - Would you mind uploading those sprites in a zip folder? I don't like HG/SS either.

Also, try resetting your router's firmware. Be sure to write down your Internet Account information, and settings first.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it is possible just by opening up another shoddy window but not if you are on a mac os
To be honest, I've never tried this before and it turns out this does work. You need to register another account to do it though. And playing Shoddy Battle against yourself is about as much fun as playing tic-tac-toe against yourself. I can't for the life of me see why you'd ever want to do this.
Testing a new team? That's like saying punching yourself in the face is a good way to train for boxing.

SJCrew

@SJCrew - Would you mind uploading those sprites in a zip folder? I don't like HG/SS either.

Also, try resetting your router's firmware. Be sure to write down your Internet Account information, and settings first.
Filesize is too big for Smogon, so I uploaded it in a .rar archive on Megaupload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2JP8VKX0

I'm fairly certain I'm missing some of the more obscure entries, but all of our main players should be in there.

SJCrew

I think I've found a temporary solution to this problem that will, at the very least, allow me to play Shoddy at home. Since this problem only occurs at my household, I can log on at my school or a local cafe where both the website and the program run perfectly fine. If I play there for a while, it will load all the resources it needs from the Shoddy site so that they'll be available when I go home.

Here's the trick: the program still tries to connect to shoddybattle.com at my house upon startup, which doesn't work. To dodge this issue, I disable my wireless adapter prior to starting up the program, and to my surprise, it works, but without the server list (not important, since I can still connect via Advanced options).

However, this solution is only temporary and still a bit irritating. Since my computer can connect at other places, I think it's my router that has the issue. Maybe this trojan only affects my home connection, or hasn't had the chance to spread to other places, but in all likelihood, I may have to contact my ISP or replace the router.
I'd like to take the opportunity to place emphasis on this line right here, as my most recent attempt has failed and the program is right back to being a dick. Needless to say, the trick may not always be successful.

I've been using Shoddy Battle 4 da last 4 weeks. Yesterday I go on & it says ot's unable to launch da application. Wat's wrong?

I have been using Shoddy battle for a long time now (I just used it a few days ago), and when I tried to open it, a message pops up saying:
"Unable to launch the application."

Does anybodyknow what's wrong? I've tried going to shoddybattle.com to redownload the program or something, but I can't get on the website either.

@acid_paradox - You must be connected to the internet. You may have a trojan if you are connected, and you cannot get to shoddybattle.com

@acid_paradox - You must be connected to the internet. You may have a trojan if you are connected, and you cannot get to shoddybattle.com
Well I'm pretty sure I'm connected to the internet if I'm asking for online help with Shoddy Battle. I'll do a virus check to see if that's what's causing the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)