Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering only 3 IV's get passed down though, how would you breed this type of rotom ? Just keep doing it till you get those ?
From my understanding, yea basically. I'm not too good in the areas of breeding or RNG manipulation, sorry.

What specifically does Life Orb do? Boost move power? Boost attacking stats? Boost the minimum and maximum damage by 30%? A lot of the wording in smogon analysis makes it seem like it could be any of the three.
It boosts the Base Power of the move by 1.3

Examples:
Earthquake becomes 130 base power once boosted by LO, rather than 100.
Thunderbolt becomes 126 base power rather than 95.
Energy Ball becomes 104 base power rather than 80.
Etc..

Alright, thanks. Wasn't sure on the first since they technically have a specific effect and not just damage - assumed they'd work, but wanted clarification.

I'm not the greatest breeder in the world, but I was wondering, if I transferred a Snorlax over from Platinum with Fire Punch (learnt by move tutor) and Pursuit, would the offspring have both Fire Punch and Pursuit, or just Pursuit due to Fire Punch being a move tutor move?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
^Just Pursuit I'm afraid.

@IronGross - 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe is the standard nowadays to outrun stuff like Scarf Darmanitan and neutral 100 Scarfers but you can move some speed into HP if you don't care about that. Minimum speed should be 209 (stat, not EVs) to outrun Scarf Heatran.

For Shaymin, I'm running the standard offensive set of Timid, AirSlash/EarthPower/SeedFlare/HP-Ice with the obligatory 252/252 spread (4 EV's in SpDef), and I'm using LO at the moment. Should I use Rest (For Natural Cure abuse) over Air Slash to heal LO/hazard/attack damage, or is Air Slash recommended for Fighting-types who resist Seed Flare and for Volcarona (though if I'm forced to use Shaymin against it, I've probably lost anyways)?

I am aware that Shaymin isn't the best choice for OU and Celebi pretty much outclasses it, but I want to use it anyways. Might just use it in UU instead, and there I'm pretty sure that I'll want Rest to help against Chansey, but in OU, I don't know which move is more important.

Edit: Then again, Earth Power hits Lucario and HP-Ice hits Breloom while retaining better overall coverage, so I guess that just leaves Bug-types to be hit by Air Slash..

For Shaymin, I'm running the standard offensive set of Timid, AirSlash/EarthPower/SeedFlare/HP-Ice with the obligatory 252/252 spread (4 EV's in SpDef), and I'm using LO at the moment. Should I use Rest (For Natural Cure abuse) over Air Slash to heal LO/hazard/attack damage, or is Air Slash recommended for Fighting-types who resist Seed Flare and for Volcarona (though if I'm forced to use Shaymin against it, I've probably lost anyways)?

I am aware that Shaymin isn't the best choice for OU and Celebi pretty much outclasses it, but I want to use it anyways. Might just use it in UU instead, and there I'm pretty sure that I'll want Rest to help against Chansey, but in OU, I don't know which move is more important.

Edit: Then again, Earth Power hits Lucario and HP-Ice hits Breloom while retaining better overall coverage, so I guess that just leaves Bug-types to be hit by Air Slash..
Use either leech seed or rest over air slash as it has minimal coverage (bugs) and a neutral seed flare deals more damage than a super effective air slash on fighting types and I really don't think you will see enough volcarona to warrant using it over rest which you will use at least 1 very 3 battles

Hi all ,

There are alot of things banned aparantly, of wich garchomp and wobuffet.
I wonder why garchomp is banned while dragonite/metagross/tyranitar arent banned.
Also double team is banned ? why ?

Also smogon site itself says a rain team should have alot of swift swim sweepers , then when i finally got all that together i see swift swim cant be more then 1 time in a team ?

Hi all ,

I wonder why garchomp is banned while dragonite/metagross/tyranitar arent banned.

Also smogon site itself says a rain team should have alot of swift swim sweepers , then when i finally got all that together i see swift swim cant be more then 1 time in a team ?
First, Garchomp is mainly banned because of the abundance of Sandstorm, which activates its ability, sand veil, which is extremely annoying.
Second, Double team breaks evasion clause, and after one double team, it can be extremely frustrating to battle. That is why they banned it.
3rd, a DRIZZLE team cannot have ANY swift swimmers, and I'm pretty sure the guide you read was from the DPPT articles, where only kyogre had drizzle and rain in OU had to come from rain dance, which wasn't permanent and actually required setup. If you ever VS a swift swim sweeper in permanent rain, you'll see how hard it is to beat something if it kills you first.

Hi all ,

Garchomp was banned because of its bulk (comparable to Swampert), its power (comparable to Tyranitar), the ability to abuse Substitute + Sand Veil, and having just the right Speed (One more Base Speed point than Landorus, allowing 'Chomp to outspeed Landorus and below - including the very common Base 100's). Those factors combined makes Garchomp too powerful/luck-based for the OU metagame.

Also, Wobbuffet is only banned in UU, and Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned (but not Rain Dance + Swift Swim).

Edit: Ninja'd because the Wii sucks

hey guys it´s me your favorite brand-name trainer who annoys most of the people here ok now for my questionS

1.why is wobbuft not banned?counter is really good with all these new physical sweeper around
2.Hidden Power depends on EVs or IVs i have a friend who does that fro me but i think i depend too much from him so i wanna know :S
3.Is the Quick Claw NOT viable anypore i see it useful on sweeper sets of Gardevoir and Empoleon
4.Is there anyway to speed up the EVs investment?
Alright guys hope u can answer me!
(man this looks like a letter i need to dirty things up)

hey guys it´s me your favorite brand-name trainer who annoys most of the people here ok now for my questionS

1.why is wobbuft not banned?counter is really good with all these new physical sweeper around
2.Hidden Power depends on EVs or IVs i have a friend who does that fro me but i think i depend too much from him so i wanna know :S
3.Is the Quick Claw NOT viable anypore i see it useful on sweeper sets of Gardevoir and Empoleon
4.Is there anyway to speed up the EVs investment?
Alright guys hope u can answer me!
(man this looks like a letter i need to dirty things up)
1. He's banned in UU... Well, prediction kills Wobuffet, I guess?
2. On the IV's.
3. It's too gimmicky, too luck-based.
4. You could use Vitamins or Wings... Also, the Power items add +4 for every Pokémon defeated. And Pokérus doubles the EV's.

1) like you said, physical threats have gotten stronger (everything has really) and so that means wobb has a tougher time doing what is does and that results in it being bl

2) ivs

3) do not use quick claw ever. it sucks

4) if you mean speed up ingame you could use the vitamins like calcium and proteins, although in b/w I think thy changed those items to new items with the same purpose. if you mean how to exceed the 252 limit, you cant

1. He's banned in UU... Well, prediction kills Wobuffet, I guess?
2. On the IV's.
3. It's too gimmicky, too luck-based.
4. You could use Vitamins or Wings... Also, the Power items add +4 for every Pokémon defeated. And Pokérus doubles the EV's.

soo with the pokerus and a power item i guess that´s........8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)