Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Regice movesets are viable?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81279
Heres a question. Today is August iirc and it seems that the nomination period of round 5 suspect testing ended(and voting begins) on July 25th and I am kinda curious about the responses in the thread of nominations. I would usually find them in the blind voting subforum, or they are stickied at the top of Dragonspiral Tower. Is the nominations thread put up yet? And if not, was it because smogon's server is down? Because I read the topic of suspect testing and there are no date changes since it was moved to July 25th. Not that im impatient, im just curious.

Question about an EV spread on Jirachi...

Careful, 252 HP/224 SpDef/32 Speed. (Moveset @ T-Wave/Wish/Protect/Iron Head)

What is Jirachi suposssed to be out speeding with those 32 Speed EVs? Is it only Lucario, or is there something else?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81279
Heres a question. Today is August iirc and it seems that the nomination period of round 5 suspect testing ended(and voting begins) on July 25th and I am kinda curious about the responses in the thread of nominations. I would usually find them in the blind voting subforum, or they are stickied at the top of Dragonspiral Tower. Is the nominations thread put up yet? And if not, was it because smogon's server is down? Because I read the topic of suspect testing and there are no date changes since it was moved to July 25th. Not that im impatient, im just curious.
Thank you, finally a good answer.

Theorymon question....

If I have a neutral Speed natured Deoxys-S, assuming flawless IVs, what is the minimum amount of Speed IVs needed to outspeed positive speed natured Accelgor?

"EV training gone wrong."

Could someone please go over my numbers here and tell me where I messed up?

Staryu:

252 Sp.Atk:
10 x Calcium.
2x Litwick kills
30x Litwick+Elgyem kills with Power Lens equipped.

252: Speed
10 x Carbos.
1 x Basculin kill
25 x Basculin kill with Power Anklet equipped

4: HP
2x Stunfisk

2: Leftover
1x Basculin

I always start the battle with the Staryu then swap in a lvl 100 and kill the mob in question (makes it easy to keep track on the kills due to his abilities used as he OHKO them)

I also use xp share on 2 other pokemon if that is relevant.

Where did I mess up as the 'lil old lady tells me that my Staryu could put in more effort :(.

Kessaja, your numbers you provided should add up 510 EVs max. This means that you miscounted somewhere. Maybe you missed an attack, or a Stunfisk used Endure and you had to use 2 moves to KO it.

If you don't have EV berries handy to redo it, what I do in these cases is just pump the more important stats (Speed and Sp. Attack) until they might be 255/255, since it's better that those are maxed than you having that extra point of HP.

Kessaja, your numbers you provided should add up 510 EVs max. This means that you miscounted somewhere. Maybe you missed an attack, or a Stunfisk used Endure and you had to use 2 moves to KO it.

If you don't have EV berries handy to redo it, what I do in these cases is just pump the more important stats (Speed and Sp. Attack) until they might be 255/255, since it's better that those are maxed than you having that extra point of HP.
Thanks for your reply :).

That is the weird thing tho, I'm pretty certain that I did not miss count as far as I know as I one shot everything. This is the 2nd time I've had this happen so it is a bit frustrating :).

(Obviously I did miss count something tho)

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does anyone know what has happened to Team Preview? It's... gone :'-(

edit: That was in RU. Just played OU and it was there!
For some reason the clauses aren't working in RU, despite the fact I added them in after the first complaint and Sarenji reloaded the tiers.

So right now it's kinda a mystery, please bear with us!

Heres a question.

Today is August iirc and it seems that the nomination period of round 5 suspect testing ended(and voting begins) on July 25th and I am kinda curious about the responses in the thread of nominations. I would usually find them in the blind voting subforum, or they are stickied at the top of Dragonspiral Tower. Is the nominations thread put up yet? And if not, was it because smogon's server is down? Because I read the topic of suspect testing and there are no date changes since it was moved to July 25th. Not that im impatient, im just curious.

No, they don't decrease. They still accumulate.
so when i go in to the ocaen area and have 7500 points ill sill be able to catch to Dratini?

ANOTHER questio what is the best nature for mamoswine?what about nidoking?

Is Inner Focus Dragonite still viable?

Jolly Mamoswine. Timid Nidoking. It's viable if you want Superpower, but MultiScale is almost always the superior option.

so when i go in to the ocaen area and have 7500 points ill sill be able to catch to Dratini?

ANOTHER questio what is the best nature for mamoswine?what about nidoking?

Is Inner Focus Dragonite still viable?
You'll need 2500 more Dream Points, but yes.
Inner Focus Dragonite isn't very viable, as MultiScale Dragonite is the way to go.

No? Dragon Ice is rather redundant coverage. Likewise, with no boosting moves and a purely physical set, Dragonite isn't terrifying at all.

Errmmm...

Does Knock Off remove the target's item for the rest of the battle, or only until the target switches out???

Not many good pokes get it, and the ones that do often have other moves to consider. But it's very useful on stuff like Donphan, Hariyama, Tentacruel, Gliscor etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)