Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Rock a good of an attacking type?
Usually it is , but on some pokemons u have decent coverage without it .
Rock usually is inacurate.

EDIT:

Would it be possible to look on my trainer card or somewhere to find my wins/loss/draws ?
I didnt keep track of it from the start and couldnt find it on my trainer card where it always was on my other games D:

On its own, not really; but when paired with other types such as Ground, it's very useful

Basically, it's not good, but it's not bad either
But Rock covers four types and isn't resisted by much; what about Ice?
Mentioning that,
Lucario
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Extremespeed
Stone Edge?

Usually it is , but on some pokemons u have decent coverage without it .
Rock usually is inacurate.

EDIT:

Would it be possible to look on my trainer card or somewhere to find my wins/loss/draws ?
I didnt keep track of it from the start and couldnt find it on my trainer card where it always was on my other games D:
Tap the double-arrow on the trainer-card screen, and you can scroll down by moving your finger/stylus across the screen vertically

Would a 3-to-1 win-loss ratio be considered "good" for GBU? I have about 302 wins and 101 losses in Single (Free) mode, but I don't know whether that's a notable accomplishment or not.

For Gyarados, Waterfall is a must obviously. If you have something like DD + Taunt and only one choice, EQ or Bounce should be there. Bounce gives your opponent a turn but it hits dragon types that would wall you, and EQ is reliable coverage that still hits waters neutrally. I personally like bounce to cover some fighting types. (Damn Conkelderp keeps bulking up while I bounce! :P) If you can use both though, it provides nice coverage.

eq hits steels too. Like magnezone.
Wouldn't return also be viable? It has almost perfect neutral coverage with Waterfall bar about 5 pokémon...

You know I was thinking, a team with this core can probably wall out most of the metagame:
-tyranitar
-blissey
-skarmory
-gliscor

I do realize a few things still slip through, such as Infernape with the right moves, and Jellicent owns them all. If possible, can someone point out any other major OU threats.

Is Rock a good of an attacking type?
Being super effective against Flying is great, and it has good neutral coverage. The problem is that, at least in OU, Pokemon weak to Rock tend to not be used much in the first place, because of Stealth Rock. Overall, it's good, but what works for your team really just depends on what you need to hit.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
SD Luke rips through this and so does DD Scrafty if Skarmory is weakend, Bulky DD Gyarados and CB Swampert in the rain are big threats too, Chesto Rest Volcarona and the list continues.

How much EVs does it take for a +1 Jolly Feraligatr to outrun max speed base 130's? I tried running some calcs and I think 188 is it. Gotta make sure though.

SD Luke rips through this and so does DD Scrafty if Skarmory is weakend, Bulky DD Gyarados and CB Swampert in the rain are big threats too, Chesto Rest Volcarona and the list continues.
Luke is a problem. If I see a scafty I am going to keep skarmory. I had not actually throughout of gryrados with rain support, thanks. I might be able to deal with volcanora in other ways.

Please continue.

How much EVs does it take for a +1 Jolly Feraligatr to outrun max speed base 130's? I tried running some calcs and I think 188 is it. Gotta make sure though.
+1 Jolly Feraligatr with 220 Spe evs hits 394.5 speed (max speed base 130 is 394). I'm not sure if stat's round normally or just round down, but if you go with 224 you're guaranteed to outspeed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)