Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is fair enough, and certainly a...controversial question. Personally, I would say it highly depends on your Dancer, and whether or not it can really pull enough weight to make up for endless rain (which is a saving of one turn for every time the weather is changed). I would say that generally, for a HO team (which I assume is what you want given you want SS'ers), it's not a huge loss to run a Dancer, as last I calculated, it only costs you an extra turn before you really should be about done.

With Drizzle:
Turn 0: Rain is up (I.e. it's up before any moves)
Turn 1: switch Toed for something else.
Turn 2-x: attack under Rain.

Without Drizzle:
Turn 1: Set up Rain
Turn 2: switch for a Swimmer.
Turn 3-10: Attack under Rain.

Without Drizzle, using a Dancer that can attack well under Rain (E.g. Double Dance Kingdra?)
Turn 1: Set up Rain.
Turn 2-9: Attack under Rain.

Really, you only slow by one move, but you also don't have to worry about making Toed slow (slower than other starters to ensure your Rain is set up). Running a Dancer that can also ause Rain itself actually saves you a turn as compared to using Drizzle (and was the main reason i was against Aldaron's proposal, but thats discussion for another time). And really, if a Rain HO team hasn't wreaked havoc by turn 9, you're either up against very effective stall or very unlucky. I'd say most of the time by turn 9 you'd have hit hard enough to not be absolutely reliant on rain.

Let's not forget either that this is all assuming one could even use Drizzle plus SS. Now that Aldaron's proposal is up, that's not even possible. I'd say it's worth trying, to use a Dancer, but you'd need to pack something that can work outside of Rain, something bulky enough that the speed boost isn't a necessity but a bonus. Perhaps a...Bulky Kingdra? I don't know, just something which you can fall back on should Rain cease after turn 9 and the opponent hasn't been ripped to shreds yet.
thanks man, this really helps me for my rain team... from previous experiences i have learned that it takes 1 turn used for setting up which can end up in you throwing the towl in(loosing). so i was just curious if i should go for a rain dancer or a drizzle, quite frankly im just looking for a pokemon that can set up a rain dance and can take a blow or two yet can still fight, il consider your thoughts and try for a kingdra

id go into more detail... but i don want to bore you, if you have a suggestion im all ears

i'm currently running a stallrein set but for some reason after one cycle of Sub + Protect I end up with 1 HP less than when I started (I have 172 HP EVs, just enough that ST won't be able to break my subs). How much HP EVs should I invest in?

i'm currently running a stallrein set but for some reason after one cycle of Sub + Protect I end up with 1 HP less than when I started (I have 172 HP EVs, just enough that ST won't be able to break my subs). How much HP EVs should I invest in?
If you want to make more subs, I recommend you an odd number of HP, ergo, 405 for those 101-subs; you should have 176 EVs on HP.

If you want to make more subs, I recommend you an odd number of HP, ergo, 405 for those 101-subs; you should have 176 EVs on HP.
It still doesn't work.

The problem is that: I have 404 HP. I make a Sub, I use Protect afterwards. x4 Ice Body + Lefties, and I have 403 HP for some reason.

Am I supposed to use 407 HP...? I'm very confused.

I'm sorry, looks like the problem is that you increased the subs number by one, while the sixteenth won by Ice Body and Lefovers remains the same. You loose 101 per sub, but only regain 25*4 in two rounds, makes 100, one less than the loss .

The next number where lefti numbers and sub numbers meet would be 417 (this time it definitely works). Sorry for the trouble.

ok so i built a rotation team after that i read the article then in my first battle I see someone ragedc because i used Blaziken. I thought it was allowed?
The bans of this gen only were for single play right? So no aldaron's proposal and with Blaziken allowed, right?

pretty much. in dubs and rots the rules are totally different-mostly they just follow vgc rules. I'm getting to work on a triples thread down the road, where I must discuss this. AFAIK, only exotic/cover legends, Dark Void, and Sky Drop are banned in dubs/rot/trips.

pretty much. in dubs and rots the rules are totally different-mostly they just follow vgc rules. I'm getting to work on a triples thread down the road, where I must discuss this. AFAIK, only exotic/cover legends, Dark Void, and Sky Drop are banned in dubs/rot/trips.
Yay so i can use my Blaziken :D

I am constructing a mono-ghost team, and I plan on having an Pain Split Eviolite Dusclops.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpDef
Nature: ???
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Shadow Punch
- Brick Break

The Nature is in question marks because it is the topic of question. I have two duskull's that are being considered for training, but I am not quite sure which one should be used. I have listed to two below.

Duskull1:
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpAtk) with a apparent stronger IVs* in SpDef.
Duskull2:
Careful Nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk) with apparent strongest IVs* in Def.

* = This statement was discovered by speaking with the Trainer in the Central Gear Station.

Does anyone the best method of deciding which one to use (or if I should use another with different nature and IVs)?

Also, my apologies if this is posted on the wrong thread. I am slightly new to both Smogon as well as competitive Pokemon, so forgive me if something I said was not correct. Heheheh.

If Weather Ball is used in attack boosting weathers (rain/sun), does it effectively have 150 BP (100 * 1.5) or is it still 100? Thanks.

We (her and me) recently found out, that Weather Ball becomes a Rock Type move in sandstorm. I was shocked, because we haven't realized before because Forecast doesn't change Castform's form. Back in the 3rd gen the animation of normal Weather Ball and sandstorm Weather Ball appeared to be the same.

I bred an unnervetar for my Hail team, and i was curious as to what EV Spread i should go with. Also, Brave for a more powerful pursuit, or Sassy so i can tank fire attacks? I'd love suggestions.

Not sure if this belongs here, but I'll give it a shot.

With the way Smogon is being tiered now (with the 3 man council and no longer using suspect testing), can we get some more information on that?

When will that take effect, and will they start from scratch or keep the bans already in place?

I know the "Future of Smogon" thread is up, but it is locked and honestly a bit hard to read.

Thanks.

I bred an unnervetar for my Hail team, and i was curious as to what EV Spread i should go with. Also, Brave for a more powerful pursuit, or Sassy so i can tank fire attacks? I'd love suggestions.
Honestly, I'm in the opinion that Sassy should only be used when having Sand Stream because you will miss a huge boost otherwise.
Sand Stream Tyranitar does a surprisingly good job without max attack. Only 24 EVs are necessary to OHKO 0/0 Starmie with Crunch/Pursuit on switch (which is by far the bulkiest thing you will ever pursuit)

Edit: To get a clean OHKO on Starmie with max HP you have to be 252 and adamant, or one sixtheenth damage (by hazards or sand storm) and 232 EVs on attack.

Im not looking for a whole team rate right now so Im sorry if this is not the place to put this or if it isn't even allowed.
My team right now consists of:
Mienshoa- standard lead set
Tyranitar- special defensive set. Used mainly as a way to set up SR and is my response to latios. This is a pokemon I am willing to change if there is a better alternative.
Infernape- choice band variant i am not really liking this but do not know what else to put here.
Reuniclus
Nidoqueen- Used mostly as toxic spikes support and as a way of handling scizor
Sableye- used as a spin blocker and to take fighting moves.

Any suggestions would be awesome. Again, sorry if this is not the place.

Maybe you should have a pokemon that have dragon or ice move to take care of other dragons. I dont really like reuniclus, he's strong but not fast enough =(

Not sure if this belongs here, but I'll give it a shot.

With the way Smogon is being tiered now (with the 3 man council and no longer using suspect testing), can we get some more information on that?

When will that take effect, and will they start from scratch or keep the bans already in place?

I know the "Future of Smogon" thread is up, but it is locked and honestly a bit hard to read.

Thanks.
From what I can tell, it's already in place and their keeping the old bans. They're posting a thread for individual suspects to get community input and voting when they've made up their minds.

I have a Liberty Pass and I can't get to Liberty Garden. The dude says, "It is small compared to a luxury liner, but the size of a ship doesn't change the feeling of adventure when you're out on the open sea."

I have the Liberty Pass in my Key Items pocket yet I still can't pass. Please help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)