Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
What determines whether I get Shellos/Gastrodon West Sea (pink) or East Sea (blue)? Is it whether I hatch the Shellos egg on the eastern or western side of Unova, or does it depend on the parent(s)?

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The point was that they're probably not gonna change it's BST, kthnx.

The fact you're convinced is because it looks stupid brings up one question: do I bang my head against the wall or yours? By that logic, Garbador gets a form change! Conkledurr gets a form change! Maractus gets a form change! Watchog gets a form change! Hooray!

Also, what the hell is justifying its form change? Do you expect GF to pull another Gracidea out of their ass? Giratina's and Rotom's change was actually justified, with the DP dex mentioning the Distortion World and inhabiting appliances, respectively. Shaymin's mentioned flowers. What does Kyurem's say? It's body is frozen.
Kyurem Melted form ftw -.-

Edit 26: it's not even a crippled man anyway. It's a hunched-over chicken. What, is it gonna turn into Blaziken v2 now?

It mentions in the movie trailer for the kyurem movie that there will be a form change

It mentions in the movie trailer for the kyurem movie that there will be a form change
Do you mean This trailer? It shows Kyurem for about... 2 seconds. And it looks no different than normal (assuming you're talking about the part at :22 seconds. It really just looks like its standing up, not a form change when you pause and look. Wings in the same position, same short arms, same stumpy legs)

EDIT: I gotta thank you guys for actual evidence to argue about than just "its ugly"

EDIT: getting off of Kyurem, if you have say, a Gastrodon behind a Sub, and you are hit by a Water type attack (the same with Lightningrod, Volt Absorb, etc.), does Storm Drain still activate? Blanking out here.

Heatran cannot reliably counter Volcarona, especially under the assumption that it has Hidden Power [Ground]. If Heatran is the specially defensive varient, then it can phaze Volcarona out but ultimately the inevitable should occur unless your hazards remain intact.
I don't think we always should consider Hidden Power because that way Heatran hardly ever survives any special sweeper. In fact, Volcarona has such a large number of checks with quadruple weaknesses it could possibly run any kind of Hidden Power, such as Ice of Dragonite, Electrics for Gyarados, Fighting for Tyranitar and, of course, Ground for Heatran.
As for Tyranitar, even if it survives +1 Bug Buzz it doesn't mean it can survive two regular Bug Buzzes: Even if you run 252/252 (neutral SDef) a timid 252 Life Orb Volcarona can 2HKO it with SR on the field while a modest Life Orb Volcarona can 2HKO a 252/252 (positive SDef) Tyranitar, though Tyranitar may be the choice for a bulky dancer. If I have gamble whether Volcarona may be an offensive one or one with HP Ground, I'm with the first one. It's up to our personal preferences.

New question: Does anyone know on which Pokemon Dragonite misses a neutral hit with the "Thor" set (Thunder/Hurricane)? We have problems in choosing a third move: As far as a I know, (Zekrom), Excadrill, Jolteon and those Ground/Rock ones like Rhyperior resists the Thor combo. Are there any more?

Another question: Ingame traded Pokemon usually have a predetermined IVs and natures, right? Can anyone tell me which IVs they have?

In game trades (for Black and White, at least) have generally 20 for everythign except one stat which is 31, which generally corresponds to that pokemon's highest base stat/whatever it's good at. For example, the in game Basculin trade has IVs of 20/31/20/20/20/20, maxing out its Attack stat.

*someone confirm this, i'm pretty (read: 95%) sure but not 100% sure just yet.

ingame mons have 20 for every stat, but for the stat that their nature boosts the IV is set to 31

the only exception is the munchlax which has 31 hp and hence has a neutral nature

@onicon: there's also manectric, zebstrika and pikachu/raichu, the latter 2 should never be seen in ou anyway

New question: Does anyone know on which Pokemon Dragonite misses a neutral hit with the "Thor" set (Thunder/Hurricane)? We have problems in choosing a third move: As far as a I know, (Zekrom), Excadrill, Jolteon and those Ground/Rock ones like Rhyperior resists the Thor combo. Are there any more?
Types that resist or are immune to Electric that Flying doesn't hit for Super Effective Damage: Dragon, Electric, Ground
Types that resist or are immune to Flying that Electric doesn't hit for Super Effective Damage: Electric, Rock, Steel

Thus, type combos that exist that resist Electric/Flying: Dragon-Steel (Dialga), Ground-Rock (Rhyperior & Golem), Ground-Steel (Steelix & Excadrill), and any Electric type without a secondary typing weak to Electric or Flying (Raichu, Magnezone, Electrode, Jolteon, Ampharos, Raikou, Manectric, Plusle, Minun, Luxray, Pachirisu, Electivire, Zebstrika, Eelektross, Normal Rotom, Heat Rotom, Frost Rotom, Stunfisk, Zekrom) along with Volt Absorb Lanturn and (once released) Lightningrod Zapdos & Motor Drive Emolga.

Divided by tier the distribution is:
Uber: Dialga, Excadrill, Zekrom
OU: Magnezone
UU: Rhyperior, Jolteon, Raikou, Heat Rotom, Zapdos (Lightningrod likely to change this)
RU: Steelix, Manectric, Electivire, Normal Rotom
NU: Golem, Raichu, Electrode, Ampharos, Plusle, Minun, Luxray, Pachirisu, Zebstrika, Eelektross, Frost Rotom, Stunfisk, Lanturn, Emolga

So, the only one that should be seen that commonly is Magnezone, which in rain possesses a quad weakness to ground and a weakness to fighting. I'd recommend attacking the ground weakness in the form of Earthquake personally since, in addition to Magnezone, every Pokemon on this list is weak to ground other than the Rotom Forms, Zapdos, and Eelektross unless they're holding a balloon. Surf/Waterfall would also be an option since Rain gives you Pseudo-STAB and, out of those on the list, only Dialga and Zekrom resist Water.

Zapdos takes neutral damage from Thunder, and Lightningrod will (sadly) probably not be out for a long time, so take that off.
...and any Electric type without a secondary typing weak to Electric or Flying... along with Volt Absorb Lanturn and (once released) Lightningrod Zapdos & Motor Drive Emolga.
Of course that's true, that's why I mentioned Zapdos separately from all the electric types that naturally resist the combo and mentioned Lightningrod isn't released yet...

Anyway, I've been messing around with a team consisting of three trick scarfers, Wobbuffet, Double-Dance Terrakion, and Sub-Hone Claws Dugtrio. I've been running Latios and Starmie as two of my Scarfers since pre-deoxys-s's ban they would outspeed and trick it a scarf, but combined with Wobbuffet they give me an enormous amount of bug/ghost/dark weakness that I feel is just a tad to much. Any recommendations for potential replacements for one or both? Also, I've been considering switching Dugtrio's item from Life Orb to Balloon since it being able to switch in freely on choiced ground attacks would be unexpected. This would however give Dugtrio an even weaker attack stat and could potentially increase the number of things it fails to kill at +6 from just things that resist QuakeEdge and Skarmory, so I'm wondering if the trade-off would be worth it.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think we always should consider Hidden Power because that way Heatran hardly ever survives any special sweeper. In fact, Volcarona has such a large number of checks with quadruple weaknesses it could possibly run any kind of Hidden Power, such as Ice of Dragonite, Electrics for Gyarados, Fighting for Tyranitar and, of course, Ground for Heatran.
When you wish to use Volcarona to sweep, Focus Sash gets you where you want to be in a position, from any stage of the match, where you can use that turn to Quiver Dance; though you'll need a Spinner should you not be able to lead with it.

Or simply you can focus your team on a well-rounded strategy to execute Volcarona's stamp on the match and whether it be in Rain/Sun/Balanced, its set does not need three attacks for you to utilize its capabilities in a single match; you settle for Hurricane, Morning Sun or Substitute.

But I was saying it with the basic principle in mind that Heatran needs to Roar it with Stealth Rock on the field for Hidden Power [Ground] not to be a dead-end for the user relying on Heatran to deal with the Volcarona.

As for Tyranitar, even if it survives +1 Bug Buzz it doesn't mean it can survive two regular Bug Buzzes: Even if you run 252/252 (neutral SDef) a timid 252 Life Orb Volcarona can 2HKO it with SR on the field while a modest Life Orb Volcarona can 2HKO a 252/252 (positive SDef) Tyranitar, though Tyranitar may be the choice for a bulky dancer. If I have gamble whether Volcarona may be an offensive one or one with HP Ground, I'm with the first one. It's up to our personal preferences.
I'm aware but the fact is Volcarona (in Sun most notably) would require Tyranitar and Heatran with competitive spreads, that are genuinely effective in most cases, to be able to attempt to deal with Volcarona alone. Assuming Stealth Rock is active then Volcarona is fightig in Sand Stream, already 50% short of HP, with Life Orb as its item.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
edit -> go adavanced

From here you should see your title to the right of the prefixs. Just click it and make your changes.

Is it actually possible to breed this onto a Zubat in generation 5 without having to drop back a generation?
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost
~ Taunt
~ Super Fang
I ask since I was looking for a tank for a team and I want to get Infiltrator on it just for laughs, but superfang is only available on males in dream world and based off seribii its not a eggmove it can learn, nor is roost.

Is it actually possible to breed this onto a Zubat in generation 5 without having to drop back a generation?
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost
~ Taunt
~ Super Fang
I ask since I was looking for a tank for a team and I want to get Infiltrator on it just for laughs, but superfang is only available on males in dream world and based off seribii its not a eggmove it can learn, nor is roost.
Since Crobat only gets Roost from the 4th gen TM, it is thus illegal with its dreamworld ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)