Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark III: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there's no technical way to check if something's hacked, aside from comparing its actual stats/ability to its possible stats/ability?

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks. So, why do shiny sprites for Reshiram + Zekrom exist? :/

To prevent the game from crashing,same reason Arceus??? existed in the coding last gen.

So, there's no technical way to check if something's hacked, aside from comparing its actual stats/ability to its possible stats/ability?.
If it is hacked poperly there will be no difference at all.

If I don't want to use Life Orb/Choice Item on my Latios, is Wiseglasses>Expert Belt? I run DM/HP Fire/ Surf/ Psyshock
You could also consider White Herb - you can still fake a choice set when using most of your moveset, but you can also fire off two high powered DMs in a row without being forced to switch.

To prevent the game from crashing,same reason Arceus??? existed in the coding last gen.

If it is hacked poperly there will be no difference at all.
Also they can do things like give away Shiny versions of the duo at future times (or future games) and have them retain shininess, I imagine

What's an alternate move for Mienshao in place of HP ice? Stone Edge? This is for ingame/battle subway or possibly wifi.
I have no idea how to RNG, so I have decided to just go with either Adamant or jolly nature for breeding, since Hp ice is Mienshao's only special attack.

Also, an odd question: if all the pokemon who rely focus blast for coverage were given access to aura sphere, would focus blast see any use, ever?

Happy New Year Everybody!

If its for in-game, Stone Edge is fine. You're not seeing many Gliscors on the Battle Subway, but over Wi-Fi HP Ice is suggested.

And to the part about Aura Sphere, it would be like Surf and Hydro Pump, but Aura Sphete will pretty much always be the superior option.

What's an alternate move for Mienshao in place of HP ice? Stone Edge? This is for ingame/battle subway or possibly wifi.
I have no idea how to RNG, so I have decided to just go with either Adamant or jolly nature for breeding, since Hp ice is Mienshao's only special attack.
You're probably running HJK/U-Turn/???/??? Right? The last two moves are generally a toss up between HP Ice, Stone Edge, or Fake Out.

Also, an odd question: if all the pokemon who rely focus blast for coverage were given access to aura sphere, would focus blast see any use, ever?
Compare it to Blizzard and Ice Beam. In other words they would generally go with Aura Sphere. Possibly out of sheer hatred of Focus Miss.

Edit:

I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the general idea here is to lurk, lurk, lurk some more, build your own team and then play with it, fix it, and then post in the RMT sections. Alternatively, go to the RMT section and steal someone else's team to get a feel for what a team should be like, then create you own or modify that one.

If you have no knowledge of competitive battling, then read the articles on site, and head over to Battling 101.

why both Abomasnow and Snover are banned from UU (means they are BL)

what are the arguments for that ?
The general consencus was that hail was deemed too pwerul in UU, and by simply banning abomasnow, hail would not be 'fixed' and thus would still be overpowered.

Blizzspam was one factor in the deciding factor which constituted hail being broken. A mon using a STAB 120 base power move with no drawbacks and few resistants was a winning strategy. steels are few and far between in UU and they all lack recovery outside rest. Fire types which resistm it also had no recovery, mons like arcanine, who relies on moonlight, would again not be effective in countering hail thanks too the reduced HP recovery. Couple this with the fact that hail negates leftovers and hail damage quickly built up, in addition hail only benefits ice types which means if you're not carrying ice types then hail isnt working for you.

Furthermore, Snow cloak was actively screwing up the game and making it more luck base than pokemon already should be. 1 snow cloak miss could change the game, it could get frosslass a substitute, or glaceon a free specs blizzard, mamoswine a free earthquake etc. These are mons that you dont want to be missing as there attack stats are pretty high and if you do miss, your check/counter would be dead or almost dead.

The UU smogon council then decided too ban abomasnow + snover, to balance out the teir. For the senate members paragraphs, it would be best too go to genvuu on sync and ask for the paragraphs on why they are banned. http://en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=synIRC&room=genvuu

I haven't been on PO on a while, and I was wondering, does smogon laddering take place on its own tier in the pokemon online server, or does it have its own server which just happens to be down at the moment? I'm not trying to complain, I'm just curious.

I haven't been on PO on a while, and I was wondering, does smogon laddering take place on its own tier in the pokemon online server, or does it have its own server which just happens to be down at the moment? I'm not trying to complain, I'm just curious.
Bolded the correct answer. Unfortunately, the server does go down every now and then, so don't be too surprised when its gone.

Is it possible to transfer a female Espeon with Signal Beam from HG/SS over to Black and White, then breed an Eevee that knows Stored Power and Signal Beam? I know this sounds like a noob question, but I didn't know since Signal Beam is not a tutor move in gen 5 (at least not yet, hopefully...). Alternatively, could I have a Smeargle that knows Signal Beam and Stored Power pass those moves onto an Eevee?

Thanks for the answers waterwarrior and Benny Fakeout/HJK/Uturn/stone edge it is!
Good analogy about ice beam/blizzard-surf/hydro pump, I just find it funny that of the two most powerful special fighting moves, one is famous (infamous?) for missing and the other can't miss.

Edit:@hawkeusedblackstorm (yay, a fellow advance wars fan)
Unfortunately, no, signal beam is tutor only, and is not an egg move for Eevee, so the closest you can get is Stored Power and Hidden Power Bug. (Here's hoping Signal Beam will be tutorable again in the future).

Unfortunately, no, signal beam is tutor only, and is not an egg move for Eevee, so the closest you can get is Stored Power and Hidden Power Bug. (Here's hoping Signal Beam will be tutorable again in the future).
Ok, thank you for the help. I'm a little discouraged, but, oh well. The power could be very close, so it doesn't matter in the long-run.

Honestly, just use Shadow Ball. Higher base power, hits Psychics harder, hits all Ghosts not named Gengar harder than you could...
You miss out on Dark and Steel types, but that's what HP Fighting is for, no?

Honestly, just use Shadow Ball. Higher base power, hits Psychics harder, hits all Ghosts not named Gengar harder than you could...
You miss out on Dark and Steel types, but that's what HP Fighting is for, no?
I thought about Shadow Ball and HP fighting, but a couple things got in the way:
I have Shadow Ball for another sweeper I'm raising.
Steel is tooken care of by my tank.
I have no room for both.
Signal Beam/HP Bug beats Dark and Psychic types.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hp fighting should be considered if only for Tyranitar. Unfortunately psychic has pretty poor coverage, especially in OU, where TTar and Scizor are everywhere. HP bug doesn't even 2hko TTar and leaves you helpless against Scizor.

Hp fighting should be considered if only for Tyranitar. Unfortunately psychic has pretty poor coverage, especially in OU, where TTar and Scizor are everywhere. HP bug doesn't even 2hko TTar and leaves you helpless against Scizor.
(Jeez, if I had known I'd get this much discussion about it, I'd have made a thread...)
Maybe I should have mentioned that my team is going to be a Baton Pass-based one, so Espeon will receive at least one boost for Stored Power. I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to potentially get 840 STAB power to hold off the enemy (I realize that that's unrealistic, but Espeon is near the end of the chain, so a boost is still anticipated).
My thought process was that instead of focusing on sweeping, Espeon will fill one of two roles. Espeon will either boost, then finish of the pokemon I have trap-passed, or, if there is not trapped enemy, boost and wipe out anything that can threaten the chain using raw power. When it is done, it passes on its boosts to the next chain member to take out what obviously threatens it.
Thanks for all the advice though. HP fighting may go to my lead though...

Hi I have a question regarding move/ability compatibility . How do you get Reckless Hitmonlee with the move Double-Edge and Magic Guard Clefable with Sesimic Toss?

Hi I have a question regarding move/ability compatibility . How do you get Reckless Hitmonlee with the move Double-Edge and Magic Guard Clefable with Sesimic Toss?
When a Pokémon with one ability in gen 3 that gains a new ability in gen 4 is transferred from gen 3 to gen 4, depending on its personality value, it has a 50% chance of either keeping its gen 3 ability or getting its new gen 4 ability. This is how gen 3 tutor moves, Double-Edge and Seismic Toss in this case, can be obtained with gen 4 abilities.

EDIT: And a question of my own: how viable is Hidden Power Water Galvantula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)