Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer MK IV: Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't depend on IVs, it depends on his stats at level 20. So EV him as you need to alter his Attack and Defense stats. Atk>Def is Lee, Def>Atk is Chan and Atk=Def is Top.

What would tyrogue evolve into if he was flawless
Tyrogue's evolution depends on which stat is greater, Attack of defence.

If tyrogues attack is higher than its defence when it starts to evolve, it will become a hitmonlee

If tyrogues Defence is higher than its attack, it will become a hitmonchan

And finally if its attack equals its defence, it will become a hitmontop.

Depending on which Hitmon you want, you will have to shape your tyrogues EV'S to suit what you want, IV's only play a small part in tyrogue evolving.

It doesn't depend on IVs, it depends on his stats at level 20..
you can stop evolution, so if you want hitmontop and your stats arent the same at level 20, you can stop evolution and continue too train it until they are equal, this may make your tyrogue evolve at level 25, 26 etc, but as long as its stats are the same or different he will evolve into the mon which currently reflects his stats, so its possible at level 20 to evolve him into a hitmonlee, but at level 27 evolve him into a hitmonchan. I remember going through many tyrogue eggs before realising you can stop evolution xD.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Meaning Steel types don't take poison damage even if poisoned? Thanks. :)
sorry but this is wrong once a steel or Poison type is poisioned he will take poison/toxic damage.

From Bulbapedia said:
Poisoning Steel and Poison-type Pokémon

Although difficult, it is possible for Steel and Poison-type Pokémon to be poisoned. In Generation II, the move Twineedle could poison Steel-type Pokémon; however, this was removed in future Generations. A Poison or Steel-type Pokémon can be poisoned if its type is changed through a move like Soak, is then poisoned and switched out. When the Pokémon is sent out again, the poison status will remain even though the Pokémon's type has changed back to Poison or Steel. Also, poisoned Pokémon who evolve into a Poison- or Steel-type Pokémon, such as Cascoon evolving into Dustox, will keep the poisoned status after evolving.

Sorry, no. If Starmie Rapid Spinning against a Ferrothorn and Iron Barbs KOes Starmie then you do not spin your opponents hazards away.
Is this also the case if starmie has a life orb and is under 10% health and spins against, say a tyranitar?

so starmie used rapid spin
then dies from life orb recoil.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is this also the case if starmie has a life orb and is under 10% health and spins against, say a tyranitar?

so starmie used rapid spin
then dies from life orb recoil.
I want to say it only happens when it's due to the opponent, like something wearing Rocky Helmet or Iron Barbs. But it might happen with LO too, not exactly sure

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I want to say it only happens when it's due to the opponent, like something wearing Rocky Helmet or Iron Barbs. But it might happen with LO too, not exactly sure
I just tried this on PO about half a minute ago, if you faint due to Life Orb recoil, the Spin is still successful.

@Life Orb
252Atk/4SpA/252Spe
Naive nature, Blaze trait
Overheat | Close Combat | Mach Punch | Stone Edge/U-turn

I have a hard time deciding about the last movelslot-without SE, Infernape is a Gyarados bait, but without U-turn, it's a Lati@s and Starmie bait; What is more important-coverage or scouting?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Newcomers should always be helped, it makes them feel more welcome (quote is cleaned up for readability):

Hi, I am near to completing my Pokémon Black National Dex and need a Celebi, amongst a few others. I have heard it can be transfered from a Pokémon Ranger game. Is this true, and how do I go about this?
Thanks
First of all: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Celebi

Great information on Celebi. I must admit, I never played the Ranger games myself, but the links on Bulbapedia should give you the information you need. Perhaps others, with more experience with these games, can clarify?

@Life Orb
252Atk/4SpA/252Spe

I have a hard time deciding about the last movelslot-without SE, Infernape is a Gyarados bait, but without U-turn, it's s Lati@s and Starmie bait; What is more important-coverage or scouting?
It really depends on your team. Look at the remaining 5 mons and ask, "does my team deal well with gyarados without infernape?" if yes then choose U turn, if not then choose stone edge. Then do the same for starmie.

If the worst comes to the worst and you want to cover both, you could drop mach punch and have both U turn and Stone edge, though you should only do this if you have a solid choice scarf terrakion check.

@Life Orb
252Atk/4SpA/252Spe

I have a hard time deciding about the last movelslot-without SE, Infernape is a Gyarados bait, but without U-turn, it's s Lati@s and Starmie bait; What is more important-coverage or scouting?
Depends on the team. If your team can handle gyra, then u-turn, if lati@s and starmie, se.

@Choice Band
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Jolly nature, Pressure trait
Pursuit | Ice Shard | Ice Punch | Low Kick

Does this pair well with Infernape, or Kyurem suits better?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I need one to three Pokemon for my team:
-offensive user of Stealth Rock that still has some bulk behind it
-offensive Water resist/immunity
-priority user

I run an offensive team with Hydreigon/Landorus/Heatran/Magnezone/Gliscor/Terrakion. I just learned today that Stealth Rock + Poison Heal is illegal on Scor, but I still need it to counter Lucario.

I have one more question-could a Dual Screener work on an "ordinary" offensive team, or it is limited to heavy offense?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I need one to three Pokemon for my team:
-offensive user of Stealth Rock that still has some bulk behind it
-offensive Water resist/immunity
-priority user

I run an offensive team with Hydreigon/Landorus/Heatran/Magnezone/Gliscor/Terrakion. I just learned today that Stealth Rock + Poison Heal is illegal on Scor, but I still need it to counter Lucario.
This is an incredibly stacked order. The first thing I note is your team's overall weaknesses to Fighting, Water, and Ground-type attacks. If you're replacing Gliscor, then I would recommend Celebi to take its place. It resists all three of those attacking types and can set up Stealth Rock. Unfortunately, it doesn't use priority, which you've listed as one of your desired traits.

If you want to start thinking outside the box, Empoleon does fit all three of your requests, but I feel that it fits the team poorly. It can set up Stealth Rock, switch in to Water-type attacks with ease, and abuse STAB Aqua Jet. It augments your Fighting an Ground-type weaknesses already though. Metagross also has bulk, access to Stealth Rock, and a powerful STAB Bullet Punch, but it is lacking the Water resistance you requested.

Hmm, I am stumped. If I can think of any others, I'll be sure to send you a VM!

@IronGross, it can work on regular offensive teams too. Dual screens are just much more common on HO teams because of how useful they are.

I have two more questions, both about PO:
1) What do the pokeballs on the left side mean?
2) What does the Variation mean? More specifically, I know it refers to what ranking you are compared to your opponent, but how do I interpret the numbers?

1)Pokeballs are the pokemon. Black ball is dead, with a bolt is paralyzed, flame is burned, skull is poisoned, other thing is asleep.
2)Variation is the amount of points you gain(lose) from a win(loss).
+12/-8 means if you win, you gain 12 points, you lose, you lose 8. Draw: no points are won/lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)