Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

If a Parental Bond user loses their ability to Mummy, is the second hit supposed to do full damage on cart? I know you get a second hit, but I previously assumed that the second hit would still only do 25% damage. I have a PS! log where the second hit does full damage, but I'm not sure if this is how it works on cart. Figured it would be better to ask here before declaring it a bug. TIA!

The log in question:

Turn 16
The opposing Kangaskhan used Crunch!
It's super effective!
Cofagrigus lost 33.9% of its health!
[Cofagrigus's Mummy!]
[Opposing Kangaskhan's Parental Bond!]
[Opposing Kangaskhan's Mummy!]
The opposing Kangaskhan's Ability became Mummy!
It's super effective!
Cofagrigus lost 37.5% of its health!

Cofagrigus's Defense fell!
Hit 2 times!
Cofagrigus used Will-O-Wisp!
The opposing Kangaskhan was burned!
Cofagrigus restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing Kangaskhan was hurt by its burn!
Turn 17

If a Parental Bond user loses their ability to Mummy, is the second hit supposed to do full damage on cart? I know you get a second hit, but I previously assumed that the second hit would still only do 25% damage. I have a PS! log where the second hit does full damage, but I'm not sure if this is how it works on cart. Figured it would be better to ask here before declaring it a bug. TIA!
I think you're more likely to get a good answer by asking here.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Turns out this was a bug! It's been reported.

Is there anyway to obtain an already registered username? In this case, there is a username "skip" that has not ever played any battles, and if there's any way that I could get that name to align with my youtube channel and discord, that would be great :]

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there anyway to obtain an already registered username? In this case, there is a username "skip" that has not ever played any battles, and if there's any way that I could get that name to align with my youtube channel and discord, that would be great :]
Since the Skip username hasn't been disabled yet, it's possible their account is used occasionally and thus a name request for it probably won't be accepted. Here's an example of an account that's been disabled: https://pokemonshowdown.com/users/lando. You can read more about name requests in this thread: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...s-and-servers-contacting-upper-staff.3538721/

I have a question (sorry if it's dumb)
How can I make my private replays not private anymore?
I wanted to look for my STABmons replays but all of them are private (as Zarel told me because I posted on his profile) and I don't know how to change that

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I have a question (sorry if it's dumb)
How can I make my private replays not private anymore?
I wanted to look for my STABmons replays but all of them are private (as Zarel told me because I posted on his profile) and I don't know how to change that
I don't think that's feasible as of now. However you can still watch them by logging under the name you used for those matches and going to the replays site, and it should let you view your private replays.

I don't think that's feasible as of now. However you can still watch them by logging under the name you used for those matches and going to the replays site, and it should let you view your private replays.
Well... that tab doesn't appear to me fren:[

no private.png

Do you use a specific browser or something?

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I have a question: Is it the same if I play on the Showdown I downloaded for my pc? (I downloaded it from this link https://pokemonshowdown.com/autodownload/win . It's the one that pops after you click the Install (Windows) )
No, as I said you need to connect from the browser you'll use the replays site in (say you use Firefox, then you'll need to log into your PS account from Firefox and then go to the replays site to view the private replays of that account)

No, as I said you need to connect from the browser you'll use the replays site in (say you use Firefox, then you'll need to log into your PS account from Firefox and then go to the replays site to view the private replays of that account)
Ohhh true! I get it
Thank you!:] and sorry for bothering this much!

Does anyone know how Random Battle teams are chosen/matched? Normally I find the teams are quite even, but I just had a match against multiple Ubers, when my time was barely RU.

Does anyone know how Random Battle teams are chosen/matched? Normally I find the teams are quite even, but I just had a match against multiple Ubers, when my time was barely RU.
The generator tries to avoid generating too many Ubers but it only reduces the chance of 3 or more Ubers by 80%, so it's still mathematically possible.

The generator tries to avoid generating too many Ubers but it only reduces the chance of 3 or more Ubers by 80%, so it's still mathematically possible.
Thanks, is there somewhere that details how the generator works? I've been wondering about that, recently?

Dunno how often this gets brought up, but is there a reason why the new USUM mons (Necrozma forms and new UBs) don't have their cries on Showdown yet? Games have been out for close to half a year, so I'm really curious.

Ceteris Paribus

I am inevitable.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is about 1400 Elo good for Gen7 Ubers?
If you're looking for a measure of skill ELO isn't the right way to look at it so we couldn't really give you an answer. However, if you look at your GXE/Glicko which tells you the percentage rate of your win chance against someone else on the ladder then that is a better way to measure your skill. I'd say roughly around 80%+ GXE shows that you're a decent enough in the said tier, this can vary though.

Is there a way to enable notifications (for PMs/highlights) for the downloaded version of PS? I'm on mac and for most apps it's done by clicking preferences, but I can't for PS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)