Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a good anti-lead against all weather starters and baton passers? If no such lead exists, what is a good anti-lead against weather starters and can revenge later in the game? The answer is not genesect.
You could try out a Scarfed (or simply boosting if you don't need it to revenge) Terrakion. Has insanely powerful Fighting hits (for TTar and Abomasnow) as well as strong Rock for Tales (though tbh you can just spam CC at all of them). Problem is that you don't really counter the weather leads since they do their job just by setting up weather - so you may as well just run something to wall each and use that to force a switch and set something up as they do. Wobbuffett is the most solid counter to them if you really want it, and I suppose he can revenge stuff to an extent.

Also, to the guy above, Sun teams are now quite common and they are by no means worse than any other weather - the ability Drought has been nominated for a ban for instance.

Also, to the guy above, Sun teams are now quite common and they are by no means worse than any other weather - the ability Drought has been nominated for a ban for instance.
I don't see why drought is such a threat. Grass types are the only true abusers (with Chlorophyll) in my opinion, and they don't even get STAB fire attacks. I guess it's just me, though. I'm just stating my opinion.

I don't see why drought is such a threat. Grass types are the only true abusers (with Chlorophyll) in my opinion, and they don't even get STAB fire attacks. I guess it's just me, though. I'm just stating my opinion.
Well, for one, Growth in Sun gives you +2 Attack AND +2 Sp. Atk.

Secondly, with the boost from Sun, fire types like Blaziken can threaten 2HKOs on basically anything, so that's definitely taking good advantage of the sun.

Sorry if this has been answered before, or belongs to a different thread, but have the Swimming Goggles confirmed to be true, and if so, can anyone tell me its exact location? And my Post Count went down. It was already 150+. :(

Looks like it's between Zapdos and Terakion. And by counter I mean kill the opposing weather starter. I run a sandstorm team myself and rain teams are a real pain in the side. I have a set in mind for Zapdos but not Terakion. Anyone got a good lead one for him?

On an unrelated note, what jellicent set compliments this gliscor?

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

EDIT: Just saw the wobuffet there. Hmm would need to test that out. Depends how evil I want to be...

Something about Chansey's movepool has me a bit confused. As far as I know, it only got Wish through some event Chansey released years ago. However, I've seen mention of certain movesets with both Wish and other egg moves. Is this one of those cases where moves can be passed down if both parents know the move?

Um, I don't really know where to ask this, so I"ll try here.

When I try to edit my signature it will not let me have one longer than what it currently is.
However, I've seen many other people have longer signatures than me.
How can I fix this?

Fire Blast, do they have badges (icons under their names)? I think that confers bigger sig privileges.

My question: Anyone else having trouble finding shaking grass at abundant shrine? Even scouring the whole region with Repel active I'm finding none, nor water spots. I want to catch Ninetails and Mismagius (since evo stones are a PITA to get in White), and Slowking in the water.

Well his sig's actually six lines - it looks longer because of all the stuff in show/hide tags. Yours looks like it's six lines also - there's a trailing blank one I think.

Of course the staff probably know more than me.

Anyone know any accurate IV calculators for 5th gen? I like serebii's but I think being able to have multiple levels would be useful.

I'm going to breed a Nasty Plot Lucario in game, and in order to get both Vacuum Wave and Nasty Plot would I need to do this?:

- Get a Hitmonchan with Vacuum Wave to breed with a female Lucario to pass Vacuum Wave.
- Raise the male Riolu with Vacuum Wave to level 47 so that it learns Nasty Plot.
- Evolve male Riolu into Lucario, then breed with a female Lucario that knows Nasty Plot.

I'm going to breed a Nasty Plot Lucario in game, and in order to get both Vacuum Wave and Nasty Plot would I need to do this?:

- Get a Hitmonchan with Vacuum Wave to breed with a female Lucario to pass Vacuum Wave.
- Raise the male Riolu with Vacuum Wave to level 47 so that it learns Nasty Plot.
- Evolve male Riolu into Lucario, then breed with a female Lucario that knows Nasty Plot. [/QUOTE]

Wouldn't the last step be unnecesary? All you would have to do is get one with good IVs and the right nature, then level it up for Nasty Plot.

I might be sounding like a complete twat here, but if you level as Riolu for the 47 levels would it be any different as if you levelled as Lucario for those levels? Or does Riolu's stats change to those of the Lucario's?

I might be sounding like a complete twat here, but if you level as Riolu for the 47 levels would it be any different as if you levelled as Lucario for those levels? Or does Riolu's stats change to those of the Lucario's?
The only difference would be that Lucario levels up slower. Raise it as high as you can as a Riolu first.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The only difference would be that Lucario levels up slower. Raise it as high as you can as a Riolu first.
No, Lucario and Riolu levels up equally fast.

And I should add this:
Riolu can't breed so that last step is necessary. But a female Lucario with Nasty Plot isn't needed because only male Pokémon transfer egg moves to the offspring.

Is there a thread about rotation battles yet?

What's the best place to train my pokemon before the E4? And can anyone explain me how to effectively farm Audino's?
Anywhere. They will appear in shaking grass anywhere, and they appear often. Run back and forth outside the grass untill you see a grass patch shake.

Is there a thread about rotation battles yet?

Anywhere. They will appear in shaking grass anywhere, and they appear often. Run back and forth outside the grass untill you see a grass patch shake.
So just find a patch of grass, spray a repel and run like crazy until you see one?

It's more of:

run outside the grass patch
see shaking grass
repel
run into shaking grass

If you done chaining in DPPT this is somewhat similar.

It's more of:

run outside the grass patch
see shaking grass
repel
run into shaking grass

If you done chaining in DPPT this is somewhat similar.
Never done serious chaining in DPPt. I think I'm gonna buy a big stock of repels now ;) I just saw a YT vid of Audinos giving tons of xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)