Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a newb question, but whats the best way to EV train in B and W, I just cant see myself breeding 6 guys and EV training all of them and makeing sure they have the right natures and IVs, does anyone have any tips because I really want to start battling

Probably a newb question, but whats the best way to EV train in B and W, I just cant see myself breeding 6 guys and EV training all of them and makeing sure they have the right natures and IVs, does anyone have any tips because I really want to start battling
If you want to EV train for speed, just Surf around the water near Undella Town. There are tons of Basculin there which give 2 points for Speed.

Also guys, which would be a better nature for Archeops; Jolly or Adamant? Thanks.

He's in the Battle Subway. But all he tells you is which stat is the best.
What that guy said changed from Gen 5, Like Relatively Superior doesn't mean 31 in each like it used to. Does anybody know what what he says means? Like, what he means by "fantastic"?

Also, what DW Pokemon have been released in Japan? And when is Dream World Coming to America?

What that guy said changed from Gen 5, Like Relatively Superior doesn't mean 31 in each like it used to. Does anybody know what what he says means? Like, what he means by "fantastic"?

Also, what DW Pokemon have been released in Japan? And when is Dream World Coming to America?
Dream World will be released in the USA March 30th.

Relatively superior never meant 31. It meant an average of ~26+ IIRC for all your stats.

"It's flawless. It couldn't be any better", on the other hand, DOES mean a 31 for that particular stat.

Where would one go to learn how to RNG in Black/White? I've seen the resources Smogon has up, but they're for Gen IV and don't apply to Black/White, am I correct? I know nothing about RNGing right now, so I'd have to start from scratch. Does such a learning place exist?

EDIT: Thanks, Showsni!

What is the best Synchronizer to hunt for? By best I mean most abundant to find.
Catch a Limber Stunfisk and teach it Thunderwave, then head to the top floor of the Celestial Tower. 50% chance to find Elgyem. Thunder Wave any you find; if it has Synchronize, the message will flash up, but Stunfisk's Limber will stop it being paralysed. Catch in a Dusk Ball (at night) without bothering to battle it. There's a nurse a floor down to heal your Stunfisk up when necessary.

Where would one go to learn how to RNG in Black/White? I've seen the resources Smogon has up, but they're for Gen IV and don't apply to Black/White, am I correct? I know nothing about RNGing right now, so I'd have to start from scratch. Does such a learning place exist?
Try the wifi forum here; there's a whole thread devoted to 5th Gen RNGing.

Quick question about Tailwind.

In double battles say I have a Whimsicott and Haxorus on the field against naturally faster opponents. If Whimsicott uses Tailwind does the double speed effect come into effect that turn allowing Haxorus to outspeed and Rock Slide the opposing pokes or does it start the following turn meaning I'd have to Protect?

Thanks.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
That sounds more like a revenge killer than a counter. The kind of counter I'm thinking of is a safe switch-in. Thanks, though.
Jirachi with Draco Meteor? I dunno. Dragons are such a big deal in the metagame that any good counter is naturally going to be overused.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
That sounds more like a revenge killer than a counter. The kind of counter I'm thinking of is a safe switch-in. Thanks, though.
There is no "counter" for all dragons.
Jirachi/Scizor and Metagross can all soak up a Draco Meteor or Outrage with a Specially defensive EV spread but fall to coverage moves like EQ/Flamethrower or HP Fire.

Jirachi with Draco Meteor? I dunno. Dragons are such a big deal in the metagame that any good counter is naturally going to be overused.

Would Escavalier be any good? It resists Dragon, seems to have good resistances, and can Knock Off items if the opponent switches out.

EDIT: What I meant in the original question is more that the Pokemon I want should not be on every other team, but it can still be OU if neeed.

Would Escavalier be any good? It resists Dragon, seems to have good resistances, and can Knock Off items if the opponent switches out.

EDIT: What I meant in the original question is more that the Pokemon I want should not be on every other team, but it can still be OU if neeed.
Escavalier is largely outclassed by Scizor in most cases. I would recommend Scizor over Esca in pretty much any case

Best way to level up Pokemon from above 70 to 100 in Pokemon Black and White?

Assuming the answer is either Audino or E4; but which would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)