Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Led Zeppelin:

I believe the "administrative issues" refer to the content management system (CMS). Other than news, no new content has been added to the main site, and I believe it's referring to the difficulty of adapting the CMS, which is most likely custom, to generation 5. In hindsight, maybe a wiki system or a familiar CMS would have been better.

Hi, I was wanting to ask about the pokemon world cup VI. I read the information in the post and signed up, but i'm not entirely sure how it works. Does EVERYONE in the team use the same team of pokemon? The other question was wtf is a roster? O.o Thanks in advance.
For your first question, no, everyone will have their own team, like a normal tournament. Secondly, a roster is the list of people that is on the team. From what I know there are try-outs, so not everyone goes through. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that that's how it works.

If a Pokemon uses Protect then it'll be less likely to succeed next round, right? So, does that mean if a Pokemon uses Protect & then uses Endure is Endure less likely to succeed?

Which one is correct?
1. Ubers>OU>UU>RU
or
2. Ubers>OU>RU>UU

The only problem is that I don't know which tier is stronger, RU or UU?

I don't think stronger is the best word to use. I'd rather just say "stuff that's used more". Something doesn't have to be strong, but it can still be in a higher tier than something else.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If a Pokemon uses Protect then it'll be less likely to succeed next round, right? So, does that mean if a Pokemon uses Protect & then uses Endure is Endure less likely to succeed?
Specifically Endure would succeed 50% rather than 100%, so you still have a chance for it to work the 2nd time if you are desperate.

QUESTION:
Why are certain items ineligible in BW OU, such as Salac Berry and Soul Dew? I am confused, because we can transfer Pokemon from previous generations, but not their held item?

Specifically Endure would succeed 50% rather than 100%, so you still have a chance for it to work the 2nd time if you are desperate.

QUESTION:
Why are certain items ineligible in BW OU, such as Salac Berry and Soul Dew? I am confused, because we can transfer Pokemon from previous generations, but not their held item?
You answered yourself, items cannot be transferred to generation 5 and so far pinch berries and Soul Dew have not had generation 5 releases

Virizion, Suicune, or Latias--who is the best Calm Mind sweeper?
They have different advantages and disadvantages, which makes the way they play completely different. Virizion, for example, isn't likely to have issues with Ferrothorn, while Suicune or Latias will. Suicune, on the other hand, is less threatened by physical scarfers while Latias's access to recovery can make her more difficult to take down.

It depends on the team.

It was answered previously, but also note that the Soul Dew makes Latios and Latias (the only two pokemon that can benefit from it) far too powerful for OU, and as such it is banned regardless of availability on the cartridge.

Virizion, Suicune, or Latias--who is the best Calm Mind sweeper?
Not Suicune for sure, too slow to sweep anything, by sweeper standards.

Virizion - Maybe could sweep, if Focus Blast had reliable accuracy, or Giga Drain could also drain away HP, and with high Special Defense and the Special Defense boost Calm Mind gives, could stall Special Attackers, for a bit.

Latias - Has highest Speed of the three, and a point higher Special Defense than Virizion and more Special Attack in general. Has Psyshock, which hits Blissey/Chansey without fear of being specially walled. Could carry HP Fire to fool Scizor, Ferrothorn, who would otherwise wall Latias.

I'd go for Latias.

Where do I submit a minor correction for the Strategy Pokédex?

The problem is that in the R/S/E "Substitute" Article, it explains Baton Passing a Substitute. However, it gives the example of Jolteon vs. Zapdos, saying that Zapdos will try to Thunder Wave your Jolteon, something that will never happen due to Jolteon's immunity to Thunder Wave.

I'd suggest changing "Thunder Wave" to "Toxic" for a plausable situation.

@ Aura
Not all sweepers need to be fast; Suicune is a very effective bulky sweeper

I am trying to make a CB Gallade and was wondering what was more recommended in terms of coverage. Right now the moveset has Close Combat and Psycho Cut but I can't decide which two elemental punches or even other moves to use to round out the coverage.

I was leaning more towards Bolt Beam but think that overall since I have another Bolt Beamer on my team, I might just do Thunder Punch / Fire Punch.

I am trying to make a CB Gallade and was wondering what was more recommended in terms of coverage. Right now the moveset has Close Combat and Psycho Cut but I can't decide which two elemental punches or even other moves to use to round out the coverage.

I was leaning more towards Bolt Beam but think that overall since I have another Bolt Beamer on my team, I might just do Thunder Punch / Fire Punch.
I'd use Stone Edge for Fires (Victini, Moltres, Rotom-H, Arcanine) and either Ice Punch for Grounds/Fliers, or Trick to mess up a wall or Special-attacker.

@ Daenym
I assume he's using Gallade in UU (or maybe even in RU).

Definitely Ice Punch. Gliscor and Dragons be everywhere.

Shadow Sneak lets you mess with TR Reuniclus (and Reuniclus in general).

Fire Punch isn't really worth it because a neutral Close Combat is going to do more than a 2x effective Fire Punch, if you're hitting Jirachi/Zong. Fire Punch would be better for Scizor, but that's really the only case where it's noticeably better.

i think he means paralyzing with dragonitr, then whimsicott uses whirlwind and phazes then repeat the process
1. I'm not sure if Whimsicott can even learn Whirlwind.
2. Prankster would only make Whirlwind/Roar have -6 priority, not +1.
3. I'm pretty sure they're talking about using it in Singles, so there's many problems about having to switch to Whimsicott then back to Dragonite repeatedly.

1. I'm not sure if Whimsicott can even learn Whirlwind.
2. Prankster would only make Whirlwind/Roar have +6 priority, not +1.
3. I'm pretty sure they're talking about using it in Singles, so there's many problems about having to switch to Whimsicott then back to Dragonite repeatedly.
well he got it from whe whimsicott thread... so it SHOULD learn whirlwind which im pretty sure it does since it learns hurricane, and it also explains y i made my statement on the dragonite thing...

Where do I submit a minor correction for the Strategy Pokédex?

The problem is that in the R/S/E "Substitute" Article, it explains Baton Passing a Substitute. However, it gives the example of Jolteon vs. Zapdos, saying that Zapdos will try to Thunder Wave your Jolteon, something that will never happen due to Jolteon's immunity to Thunder Wave.

I'd suggest changing "Thunder Wave" to "Toxic" for a plausable situation.
No need. In RSE, Thunder Wave doesn't trigger Volt Absorb.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volt_Absorb

note how it specifically says that "before Gen IV, Thunder Wave can paralyse a Pokemon with Volt Absorb."

well he got it from whe whimsicott thread... so it SHOULD learn whirlwind which im pretty sure it does since it learns hurricane, and it also explains y i made my statement on the dragonite thing...
Whimsicott doesn't learn Whirlwind.

I thought para-shuffling was using Thunder Wave to paralyse, then spam-DT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)